Non-Fic Should i post the re-translation of the song?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Clozdark, Oct 10, 2017.

?

Should i re translate it?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2017.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    So i was finding lyric of vocaloid song using only the audio file from the song,and after i got the Japanese kanji+katakana+hiragana of the song I translated it and post the video on youtube.

Two weeks since that the vocaloid lyrics wikia added the audio Japanese lyrics,the wikia known for very strict in adding lyrics to the wikia and since my translation didn't added i guess my translation quality was low.

A few weeks since the wikia addition someone commenting in my video that my translation was need a few tweaks and highlighting my mistakes in translation and in the last comment they linked to the vocaloid lyrics wikia.

After i check the wikia again fully this time,my kanji makes a lot of mistakes and the song lyrics changed dramatically from "a song about he know he have terminal illness" into "a song about how his parents was very strict and how he is regretting his suicide" .

When I look back to many of the author previous vocaloid song both of it hinted that either he have terminal illnesses or wants to suicide, and Now i got conflicted should i stay with my own translation since the lyric storyline is not jumbled as the wikia,but i am just still beginners in translation should i follow the wikia?

2. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    you should follow your heart! tackle every obstacle with everything you have!

joking aside, you may follow the literal translation

3. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    the other translation is too fukken long as ugly as fuck, stick with your own.