Question Should I read "High School DxD"?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Deadmantellnotales, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Deadmantellnotales

Deadmantellnotales rebmeM nwonK-lleW

Reading List:
    Link
    3 says ago I finished a novel and now I don't have anything else to read, but when I searched my phone I found whole "High School DxD" PDF, it's been in my phone for years and now I can't decide on should read it or not. There 2 main problems:
    1st one is that it's 22 vol long, and I'm not a guy who pause and read some other novel.
    as for 2nd problem, it's that I watched whole anime and the anime covered till vol10, so reading from vol01 to vol10 might become irritating.
    I just want to know what you think? should I or should I not?
    also recommend some novels with MC who is not brain dead.

thankx.

2. Night Phoenix

Night Phoenix The *Eccentric* Person

Reading List:
    Link
  3. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    If you like fanservice, plot armor fuelled perverted MC, template females that fall in love because the MC looked once in their general direction, harem, lucky pervert and chuni stuff, then you'll enjoy it.

But if you want a good story and interesting characters, you should read something else... :blobwhistle:

Deadmantellnotales and Drake888 like this.
  4. Drake888

Drake888 That one guy. You know, the one over there.

Reading List:
    Link
    I have not seen the anime but I did read most of the LN. This is one of those stories where the anime would probably be better. There are some neat ideas but the story is pretty weak. I don't remember what was happening in volume 10, but I do remember that the author was trying to flesh out the characters more in later chapters as they entered their next year of school. I doubt it gave them more personality. Still, if you enjoyed the anime you might want to see the ending. I enjoyed the silliness and only stopped because the translation paused for too long. By the time I was ready to pick it back up, Batoto had gotten DMCA'd.

Deadmantellnotales likes this.
  5. Nigred0

Nigred0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Highschool DxD was great when I was still in high school and just starting out college, but as I matured the series became kind of bland. Action sequences were fun, though, once in a while.

For a non-brain-dead MC, I just started Trash of the Count's Family and it's pretty good. Tsukimichi is also pretty good, but the MC is more inexperienced, rather than brain-dead. I think Tsukimichi came out with an anime recently. For a female MC, The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage is one of the best ones.

Deadmantellnotales likes this.