Discussion Should I start reading TDADP again?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Kuro no Maou, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuro no Maou

Kuro no Maou BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABY

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped at chapter 70 or so becaue the story felt very bland and the TL left much to be desired (I've read some examples where the raw said one thing and the TL stated the opposite. So what should I do? Did it get any better at chapter after 80+ chapters? I kind of want to MTL it myself but I'm not sure if it would be worth my time.

2. Karimka

Karimka Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just go and try if you have time.You cant just ask other people,as its better to see 1 time then to hear 100 times or something like that,english isnt my native language :D

3. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    MTL is never worth the time to do yourself. If you have time to MTL try and learn one of the languages.

That said do what you want.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    Nyamsus likes this.
  4. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've kept up with it up to the current chapter, and I'd say no.
    The author leaves out plot points only to what feels like deus ex machina his/her way through it.

Introduces random characters with no background. MC can do anything and everything despite only being like 13 years old. Half the time which he would have been too young to do anything other than eat, sleep, play.
    TL (if you can call it that) is very hard to read as well. I have no concrete idea on what's happening most of the time.
    All side characters are flat and dull with no background.
    There's also no proper time flow. So it feel like everything is happening far too quickly.

Save yourself the time op. Save yourself.

5. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I am currently still reading TDADP. The translator has stopped donations since the donations plus regular chapters have seem to caught up with the raws.

The story got a little better with more feels but the translations quality has not improved much except they seem to doing a better job editing.

6. Kuro no Maou

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to consider MTLing after I catch up with the TLs. What I'm asking is if the series is worth reading.

7. Kiari

Kiari Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it feel the same to me, too. It was good at first, but now some parts have unnecessary, extremely pointless killing that have no relation to main plot e.g thugs A & B tries woo Nina (which later got killed) repeatedly... Or some bad guys plotting something evil again. In other hand, I was a bit disappointed that the author use the same stuff repeatedly (I'm referring to the killing) like why the fak those pointless mobs keep agro Yuu and the girls? They already know Yuu and the girls are powerful enough to be able to fought some big clan.

8. Kuro no Maou

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. I stopped reading after that part where he bought the dark elf and she says she will fight (as a ranger) with a maid costume on. I flipped my shit so hard I had to drop the novel. Does the author keep pulling this bs later on?

9. rpgbscout

Reading List:
    Link
    There is an increase in the number of side characters which take away time character building and the author seems to have a bad habit making people's abilities up on the spot to solve a new problem.

10. Pork_Supreme

Pork_Supreme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. The bs gets worse. As of current chapter, Yuu's personal army should be large enough to easily conquer a continent.

11. rpgbscout

Reading List:
    Link
    That maid character is now one of the most power and scary of the characters. She also has completely changed in a yandere.

She is responsible for all the familiars to make Yu calvary for his supposed future city.

12. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All the novel is is BS. It just keeps piling on and on.
    The amount of common sense you need to suspend to read this novel is staggering.

13. Defiring

Defiring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped at around chapter 120 I think. No offense to the author, but It just made me cringe, maybe because I've read many novels and I sort of know how these kinds of stories should be told. This one is a huge mess of random plot points, random characters and clichés, I don't know how I got this far in the novel. Maybe following the MC has some worth, but he has less "screen time" than the other characters for some reason, he goes through random time leaps and he's too OP for him to evolve into anything interesting.
    I can't tell you about the translations' quality though since I just read the raws.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  14. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's TDADP

15. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    I still enjoy reading it.

The skill stealing ability is too much, though. It's an OP skill that permanently takes someone else's skill and give it to the user. With the amount of enemies Yu has been killing, he must have several hundred different skills right now. It instantly makes Yuu stronger at the expense of his enemies, therefore, everyone who fight him will automatically lose. There's no real downside. Yuu gets a headache if he steals skills above his level, but that's it, no year-long coma or anything, just a headache.

I agree, it's a pile of bullshit, but for some reason I like it better than Tsuki no Michibiku Isekai something

16. Kiari

Kiari Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To Deprive A Deprived Person

17. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    wow, just wow considering that Yuu is 13..... wow

18. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahahaha it's hard to deny this somehow this make me remind Arifureta, the main enemy those from religious country and supposed new enemy (order of immortal ) only apparead little time beaten then back to forshadowing & background, random guy keep only to be killed somehow or another MC tried to make country and make enemy and alliance here & there

19. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I drift from chapters and skip some so cannot help you I'm afraid

20. gill

gill Kairoaddict Disease Acquired

Reading List:
    Link
    I still read it , but feel some hollow inside
    when i read more chapters and chapters but still those new character still doesn't have background expalnation, but the author adding more more character without proper background
    but overall i still enjoying it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.