Question Should I try The Legendary Master's Wife?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by animestar411, May 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For 4yrs now i had wanted to try reading it but was always discouraged cause its over 700 chap. The most i ever read was Game,Loading which is almost 400ch. TLMW was way to much for me to binge read and i never followed from the beginning cause i was afraid it was gonna get dropped sonner or later and did want to get interested in it. I could read it into parts but im not that type i tried that fo GL,failed and binge it in a day only had 4hr of sleep and midterm was the next day. So before i try it i a ant to know if TLMW is worth the sleepless night

2. vanzy01

vanzy01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it your type of story go ahead.

3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    It certainly has a lot of fans. I very much disliked the romance myself. I liked the world building, which some people find boring, but there’s a few things you should know: for one thing, the author is inconsistent multiple times throughout the story. For example, a character talks to another character, only for the story later to say that this is impossible. Or, another animal character is described as being blue, and later is always described as gold. Another thing you should know is that there are many, many characters, and not all of their plots get wrapped up. For a third thing, it is a bit repetitive. But if you’re okay with all that, I recommend trying it out and seeing if you’re interested.

Edit: looking again at the reviews, I forgot to mention that there is a great deal of sexism. I’d say, if you’re not sure, check the reviews and see if there’s anything that crosses your bottom line.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  4. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
    I am reading this right now and I like it a lot (both the romance and world building).
    I think TLMW should be rated in the high 4's but was brought down a few notches because of sexism. If you're sensitive to it, then skip this novel, otherwise, do read it, it's quite an enjoyable read.

5. gnessa14

gnessa14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can try reading a bit to see how you like it. Personally, I couldn't finish. Story is pretty boring. MC doesn't have the charisma of a leading man and I don't like MC and ML's interaction.

ebonykun likes this.
  6. ebonykun

ebonykun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i feel the same. it couldn't hold my attention and i dropped it.

7. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the reviews on its NU page and decide for yourself.
    Apparently, it has a fair degree of sexism, abusive relationships, cannon fodder side characters, repetition.

Just one example of a review:

8. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    Trying this novel. It’s great, completed GL novel. Translated is high quality. Plus it was write by lesbian author. Romance is very realistic.
    Clear and Muddy Loss of Love,
    Female General And Eldest Princess

9. songstress13

songstress13 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, 100Xs yes. 1000Xs yes. I absolutely loved this story. You don't have to read it in one go, take it slow. If you have an accout at exciled scans, you can download it into book form, so you can read it anytime anywhere

10. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm almost finisher with reading those awesome novel and I'd say yes!! Do read it.

11. Sindori

Sindori Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoyed the novel when I read it, I’d say it’s worth the read if you enjoy these types of novels. Though I will say It seemed slow to me at points and like antra said there are some things that are off. The romance wasn’t bad and there was a decent amount of smut if you enjoy that as well. I also think it gets better later on in the novel as well. Also some parts felt like it skipped fast not sure how to explain that exactly since the novel wasn’t rushed. It’s more like the way they would transition from place to place felt a little weird.

overall I would read it again and it’s one of my favourite despite those things hope that helps you a bit!

12. DrMay1987

DrMay1987 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, of course. Go ahead.

13. HL08

HL08 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started reading this novel this year....And I love the characters so much, I re-read the novel twice.....I was surprised how much I enjoyed the story. Translation is amazing too.