Discussion Shura's Wraith: Who else hates that trash af MC?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Delirious, Aug 1, 2018.

?

Who hates this mc?

1. Yes

43 vote(s)
    79.6%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    20.4%
  1. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to regret dropping trash too late...

2. sunnyboy

sunnyboy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never read the story because I hear it gets very weird and too ridiculous.

3. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    It was fine(ish) up until close to the end tho. Not much worse than a generic CN webnovel.

4. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, until chapter 700-ish, it was just a time killer that I could turn my brain off to and read. Up until that point, the only thing that I was triggered about was the disgusting coercive mind fuckery that the author did to the loli (both physically and mentally shes like 10 years old even tho her "age" is a couple hundred years old BS) that Ling Chen basically uses as a sex toy. Up until then, it was just a generic "super awesome man that woman love for dumb af reasons" kind of story so I wasn't bothered. Then he just goes off the deep end and it legitimately became a rape fantasy and women were genuinely useless except to suck his dick and butter up to his awesomeness.

5. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped after the 16th chapter because it was trash. What were you thinking?

6. Konstantin

Konstantin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped it before he turned Shura, actually just before that when his level was reset - because this was major plot hole which really bothered me back then. He should have enough power to at least resist those goddesses which erased his levels and he have had another way to break through from the prison other than turn himself into Shura. Up until this moment I really liked the novel.

As about your spoiler - rape don't really bother me by itself . If he "raped" girls from his harem then it isn't really rape because they were willing to fuck him anyway. I think this is cultural thing - a lot of western people really too conscious about any form "rape" because of your feminazism culture and "# me too". I'm totally fine with "rape victims fall in love" plot which you can often see in Chinese web-novels. Rape is bad when result of it is deep suffering of the girl who don't deserve it. If she enjoyed it or liked MC to some extent before the sex and resisted just because she wanted to take things slow then there is nothing terrible in this. Or if enemy female is raped instead of being killed. It is amusing what all people fine with MC killing his enemies, but become triggered when he rapes his enemies. Also if MC loses control and rapes someone while being in uncontrollable state (like in Heavenly Jewel Change or MGA) then he couldn't be blamed for this at all. And it seems situation you described isn't under control of MC.

Em, actually women love him for very realistic reasons - because he is strong, have high status, solving their problems and ready to suffer for their sake, while at same time being indifferent to some extent and have enough pride not to beg them for pussy. He is real alpha in some sense. Even in real life no woman would be attracted to someone just because he is nice guy and treats her with respect, or similar "not dumb reason".

7. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    You would get lynched for saying this in the real world
    Rape is a touchy subject that has become very serious in the recent days, so expect more and more people to be triggered by rape

And i dropped this shit back in the 400s
    I couldnt read this shit anymore, it quickly turned from some incest to harem which a huge no from me
    And looks like i dont refret my decision

8. Konstantin

Reading List:
    Link
    Not likely. In eastern countries (including Russia where I live) no one cares and not a lot of people were brainwashed by third wave of feminism yet. And in western countries you couldn't lynch people unless you are ready to be imprisoned. Your overreaction just means what you have some serious psychological problems. But this is obvious just from the fact what you hate harems because human males are polygamous by nature.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  9. Lazy ninja

Lazy ninja Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The difference for me between killing and rape is that for hateful enemies death is a mercy and rape is a humiliation, so basically it's just another form of torture. But I still prefer killing them quickly even if they deserve worse. It's just a lot more efficient since if you kill confirm there's (almost) no chance of the making a comeback and screwing you over. A quick and painless death is the greatest mercy you can give to an enemy, sparing them is asking for trouble, but letting them live longer than needed is also stupid. So the compromise is a fairly quck but very painful death. I also really hate it when an enemy becomes part of the harem after rape. It's just so fucking stupid! Both the fact that the Mc is letting them live after all that and that somehow rape makes everything better when they should still hate each other.

10. Lazy ninja

Lazy ninja Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

11. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya know what we in a civilized country call rape victims that fall in love with their rapist? Stockholm Syndrome. Meaning, they were so mind broken from being raped that to mentally cope with the trauma, their conscience created a separate reality where the rape didn't happen in a bad way and made it easier by being in love with their rapist. If that's romance to you then you can fuck off. To put into perspective for you, that's like saying you're heterosexual and only women interest you. But you got raped by a gay man and to cope with it you became gay and love dicks up your ass. Not so "romantic" now is it?

As a further note: Rape and forced sex are two different things. Rape is completely UNWANTED. As in emotionally, physically and psychologically a person does NOT want to have sex. Forced sex, which you refer to his harem members as essentially wanting him to fuck them but are resistant to it (which none were in this case) is just that. Basically in a forced sex situation, he would be annoyingly aggressive about it and the girl would just slowly give in because even tho she didn't want to have to sex at that moment, she isn't adverse to it.

As for my comments about women being dumb for loving him, I absolutely stand by that. I don't mind harem by the way, so it's not for that reason. In Road to Kingdom the mc despite having like multiple (soon to be) wives and multiple concubines (to the point that a mother and her two daughters are his lovers) that is a part of his family, still has sex with prostitutes and other married women. Not to mention he built a fucking annex for thirty women that he impregnated (I think only 20 gave birth tho) and occasionally goes for an orgy with them. While all this is going on he is constantly seducing more women to be in his harem. My point? He IS STILL A BETTER MAN (character) THAN LING CHEN. Ling Chen has to use force, being a fake ass hero, manipulate them, and control them for ANY girl to like him. MC from Road to Kingdom has literally 4 times the women and like 8 times the children of Ling Chen and except in a (very) few cases, it was with genuine seduction and sex prowess. In fact, one of his turn-offs is forcing women to have sex.

Now back to Ling Chen. Ya, the girls he actually raped were his enemies. And ya, they threw him into an essential hell to seal him there. But rather as a way to get revenge against them, he rapes and humiliates them and acts like it was gods divine wish he raped these women and they should be grateful for it. And gets butthurt like the trash he is when they want him dead. He then proceeds to mind rape them and turn them into his human slaves. So, the fact you can relate to any of that, shows exactly how pathetic and cowardly you are.

12. Konstantin

Reading List:
    Link
    There are different forms of rape. For example I have a girlfriend and very loyal guy. But there is hot girl who likes me as well, but I reject her and don't want to have sex with her, even though I sexually attracted. And then she uses either force, deception or drugs to make me have sex with her. And I actually enjoyed it and eventually fall in love with her. Hmmm, this is not sounds so bad and not seems to have anything to do with Stockholm Syndrome, hm?

Also your example is shit because homosexuality mostly genetic. And if after forced sex with a man I really start to enjoying that and found out what I'm actually bisexual then I can't see anything wrong with such situation. Actually a lot of bisexual men can't accept their sexuality. Also I think if we talk about rape where sexually attractive man rapes woman then you should make example where sexually attractive woman rapes man. But most guys wouldn't find it disturbing in any way.

If girl give in before sex itself then this would be considered as sex with consent. And if she give in in process of the sex or after reconsidering things after the sex then this is forced sex, which is still could be considered as form of rape by most people.

I didn't read Road to Kingdom but from what you wrote I can't see why you bring this up - I can't see anything wrong with actions of this guy to bring him up as an example of "bad guy" to whom Ling Chen supposed to be worse. Based on your description this guy seems to be very nice and positive character.

As I said before, I dropped the novel right when guy become Asura because all this thing with sisters resetting his level and he trapped in hell-prison created major plot holes. But from what you described to me this would be "revenge rape against enemies" and I couldn't see anything wrong with that. Would you prefer for him to torture them in bloody way instead? And unlike what Lazy Ninja said just killing someone isn't real revenge - death is just eternal slumber, not really cruel punishment, for some very lazy people this could be considered blessing. I can't see what is wrong with humiliating your enemies and make them suffer and you saying it as if raping and humiliate them isn't revenge at all. Oh, or if those enemies are women you shouldn't do that and instead you should either give them fast death or forgive them? This is sexist, you know. BTW you forgot what MC has done more cruel things to his male enemies. He always was very ruthless to people who try to hurt him or people close to him.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  13. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link
    You legitimately missed every single point I was trying to make. In fact, except for two of your comments I won't even attempt to reply to them. Now, for the sexist bit, I would like to point out I am not a white knight cuck that believes women should get special privileges over men. I honestly wouldn't care if a woman got raped if she deserved it. Like the ex-girlfriend bitch in Gantz that tried to (I think it actually happened can't remember for sure) got a bunch of people to gang rape the MC's current girlfriend (irony being I think it was the same guys that gang raped her) I felt no pity and in fact felt she deserved to be raped and continued to be because she is a disgusting person.

Now, the problem I have with this story and the rape is that, Ling Chen is so high on himself (authors fault I know) that he would enjoy the smell of his own farts like the smug pollution people in South Park.

I mean seriously, whether he is a bad person or not (he is) when his predecessor destroyed half the world because of the item they both shared and went Shura, I think it's fair for the people that had to stop the previous guy from killing everyone to be extremely cautious. So, they give chances when most asshats, including himself, wouldn't give a potential danger the chance to grow but they did anyway. After finding out there was no way to resolve the situation in any other way, (he's a player, were it not for the fact of the detrimental death penalty by the same item it wouldn't even matter if he died) they sealed him away because they were afraid. And boom, what happened? They had every right to act the way they did. So no, it wasn't out of revenge, but out of his pride and ego that he raped these women and turned all the other females into essentially sex slaves. So yes, he's a pathetic piece of shit.

And yes, the Stockholm Syndrome rape is pretty much the standard for these CN novels. It may not be to that exact level, but If the women didn't love the mc before the rape, and they only started "noticing" him after the RAPE, again just to point out the RAPE part, because it was unwanted on every level, they start to have feelings for him, it's pretty safe to say the RAPE messed with their heads.

14. Konstantin

Reading List:
    Link
    And here you make example where you hate a girl because she did something bad to other girl. If a girl doing something bad to guy, like imprisoning him in hell so what he die slowly then there is no reason to revenge her. But if a girl made guys rape other girl then she is disgusting. This is not biased at all, no.

Em, just because someone have justifiable reason to make you suffer for eternity in hell-like place it doesn't meant what you don't have right to hate them. From what I remember they not acted based on logic, or else they would find out other ways to prevent him from becoming Asura - they just hated him and wanted to make him suffer because of both their hate for previous Asura and because of actions of MC which they considered as challenge to them. Obviously you'll hate someone who did this to you and you'll want revenge so I don't understand your point. As if you in place of MC wouldn't be pissed off by situation "well, they send me to hell and I'll die eventually, but they are right in doing so, so I don't have reasons to hate those nice people :) ", yes?

Please read definition of Stockholm Syndrome and stop using this out of context.

If you change word rape to word sex then it would be obvious why this happens. Human females (and males to large extent) fall in love only after sex in most cases - this is what happens IRL. Almost always we start dating and fucking each other before any signs of love. Mostly people in their early teens could start love each other before sex because they have higher level of hormones overall. A little of science - after the sex our brain produce serotonin and other neuroactive hormones and this is what leads to people feel affection to each other after regular sexual activity and eventually leads to what we call love.

And in case of females they are sexually attracted to males with high status and dominance is one of main traits of it because this is how they determined social status in tribes in times when our reproductive strategy imprinted itself in our genetics. By statistics majority of women have sexual fantasy about being raped, this is most popular sexual fantasy among women - and in bestselling books for women like Twilight or Shades of Gray you could see what main love interest of heroine is very brutal, cruel and basically rapes her - but women still buy those books and they love them. What is my point? Either you love it or not, but this is biologically imprinted in women to eventually fall in love with people who have regular sex with them (as long as she perceive this person as having higher social status than her), even if this sex is rape, and funny enough but being violent with women is perceived as having higher social status because this is how it happened hundreds thousands years ago. This is also why a lot of women stay in abusive relationships for years and why a lot of women love criminals and bad boys. But it doesn't mean that you should become one - there are other much better ways to get women.

15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    another funny thread~
    hey at least I smile while reading this thread~