LCD Sign-in Buddha’s Palm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe his ability to cultivate is sealed.

It was a guard I believe.

Bodyguard may spy on the family and find out his identity. At the very least that he's from the Shaolin school and that the empire shouldn't be careless with the Su family.

jacobpaige likes this.
  2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    This series really keeps surprising me.

jacobpaige likes this.
  3. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    this got romance? or mc is true ascetic?

4. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No romance yet, mostly due to lack of female characters.

5. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    “I need to return to the palace and see His Majesty, now.” I know this is contradicted in the next sentence, but this really makes it sound like his first thought after his charge was nearly assassinated was to leave his charge and go report his failure. It was a bit of a wtf moment for me ;)

MangoGuy likes this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Thinking about it some more, given that the eunuch that went to the temple with the emperor's wife would have reported what happened there, the emperor will probably think of the temple when he hears about what happened at the wedding. I wonder if he'll send his thanks or something similar, and how confused the monks will be ;)

7. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    They shouldn't be confused but they're kind of slow.

jacobpaige likes this.
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "When they saw Su Qin, a monk wearing a monk’s robe, they offered their valuables as gifts to Su Qin." So, what you're saying is that they'd be incredibly easy to scam and rob.

“Is it because I made a ruckus in the Demon Sect yesterday? Did I accidentally shake the place which led to this eventual avalanche?” How would that make sense? That was days ago. Avalanches aren't so polite as to wait that long.

I thought he didn't have the power to use that until he entered the next realm?

9. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it said that he could use the essence of it or something.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the kid will decide to go to the temple to study Buddhism. If so, I also wonder if he'll see Su Qin and try to become his disciple ;)
    Yeah, but it didn't sound like he was actually able to do anything with it beyond controlling that formation.

11. nemery11

nemery11 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That was before he has a divine sense and combined divine body(?). My guess is he can you use it, but the cost so high.
    Wait I think I got it wrong but I should be close.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I recall, he believed that he might not have enough power to use the technique even after he'd obtained arhathood.

13. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it was like 2 years ago wasn't it? Maybe he's made progress.

jacobpaige likes this.
  14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "The Western Desert is vast, and it is no different from Heavenly Ascension to find someone from such a large area." Then why not go round up his sect mates and bring them along to help speed up the search?

Honestly, I'm not sure why he even bothers to sign in at the Scripture Pavilion anymore. He could probably read every single document in there in less than a week at his level. Feels like a waste of his cheat to do otherwise at this point. Well, unless he has no faith in his ability to actually comprehend anything that he reads anyway.

15. 1NEEDHEALING

1NEEDHEALING Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly no. He didn't interested in any romance or intercourse

16. rotweissewaffel

rotweissewaffel Adept Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    He totally depends on the system to comprehend the techniques, don't think he would be able to keep up his pace without that. Also he can get stuff that isn't actually there with Sign Ins, most of the cool stuff he gets was lost or destroyed and can't be read at the temple.

17. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He totally depends on the system to learn the techniques, he still needs to study/practice them in order to master them. Otherwise he wouldn't have needed the puppet array to get his Invincible Vajra Divine Art to Great Accomplishment, it would have already been at Great Accomplishment when the system first gave it to him.

18. rotweissewaffel

rotweissewaffel Adept Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, he still needs to use the techniques which can take time, but learning the techniques would take really long as well. I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the TLed chapters already because if read ahead with MTL, but it sometimes says that others would take years or decades just to learn the techniques to the level he instantly understands through the system.

19. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like the higher his cultivation is the more he immediately understands of the techniques and such he learns. He'll probably immediately master anything under the Legend level imo. At the very least his understanding of Buddha techniques, those of the Shaolin temple especially, should be extremely high. So referencing what he already knows he should be able to immediately gain a high level of mastery of any techniques of that sort he learns.

That being said if he directly learned everything in the scripture hall then the system might not try to teach him what he learned on his own anymore and he'd only be drawing from the techniques that are not actually there. Or he could learn all the low level techniques himself and then have the system teach him the top tier techniques and the techniques that aren't actually there. Thus it should be worth doing regardless. If only to test if my speculation on that is correct.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    jacobpaige likes this.
  20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if this will turn into a tradition of not announcing new grade 1s in the temple ;)