Resolved Signing and Autograph CDs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fteg123, Aug 10, 2019.

1. fteg123

fteg123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So there is a concert in my city tomorrow and it's the first time I bought CD's meant for signing. (There is 3 singers) I have confirmation that they will sign all CDs.

My first problem is the CDs have a plastic wrap around it. Should the singers sign on the plastic wrap or should I remove the wrap and have them sign on the actual CD cover. I do intend to leave the CDs on a shelf as a fond memory but maybe sell as a collector item in the future.

My second problem is they also provide autograph boards. I asked and they said each person can bring up to two items and that the singers can choose to sign the boards. Should I risk an awkward conversation? Either the singers sign it or I get rejected and have an empty board leftover possible for another event.

My third problem is each singer has 2 album each so 6 in total. I bought one album per singer (so 3/6). Should I buy the rest? This is their first time in my city so it might be a once in a lifetime opportunity. They are also booked to sign after the concert and the next day.
    Plan A is to have the first batch of albums and autograph board (can be rejected by singers) after the concert and the second batches the next day.
    Plan B is to have the first batch, no autograph board after the concert and second batches the next day.
    Plan C is to have the first batch signed and have autograph board the next day.
    Plan D is only the first batch on whichever date.
    Plan E bring both albums (confirmed yes) after concert and then autograph board the next day.

Can you think of another idea? Also, thanks in advance.

Edit: They signed the covers (the paper with the songs' titles and artist(s)) of their CD's. Also, bought boards for them to autograph.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  2. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    If it were me, I'd take the board and have them sign it. ^.^ Then you can have the poster framed for your wall. Its a nice memory. :)

Also, I"d focus less on the signing and more on enjoying the experience. :) I hope you have lots of fun meeting other like minded people and fangirling to your hearts content. ^.^

3. fteg123

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. I already purchased 2 lightsticks, one on each hand, and ready to party. At first, I was only going to get the autograph board but then they posted pictures of the albums... Now, here I am.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  4. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    It's so tempting to get everything. I was a sucker for getting my t-shirts autographed. ^.^ It tickles. ^.^

Maybe you can get them to sign the back of your hand or wrist as well. >_>

fteg123 likes this.
  5. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobawkward: Why wouldn't you remove the plastic wrap? They will sign the CD disk itself. Not the plastic wrap. Not the plastic case. Not the booklet.

6. fteg123

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the suggestion. This is my first time and I don't know the ins and outs. So do you tell them to sign the CD disk or would they do their own thing? The CD was wrapped in plastic (my first google search attempt was a forum debate between sealed and unsealed)

7. fteg123

Reading List:
    Link
    Plan E: I am thinking of buying the rest of the albums and having them sign both albums after the concert since it is a confirmed "yes" that they will sign it. Next day, I will bring the autograph boards for them to sign turning the awkward question with an iffy answer into a hard yes. Thanks for everyone who replied. I will also remove the flimsy plastic wrap. Now I am prepared to enjoy the concert without having to think of the possibility of an awkward exchange between the singers and I.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  8. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    always have 3 pieces!!
    One for use and to can be let others use,
    The other one for display and collection. . .
    and the third one in case it becomes rare and can be sold,

fteg123 likes this.
  9. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    1st prob: Yes, remove the plastic cover. It's such a flimsy thing that you can accidentally rip it while moving your stuff. You can always rewrap it later.

2nd prob: No, do not strike a conversation. They do not have the time to entertain you. They will try to accomodate you, but you may be removed by security if you take too long. Just tell them how much you like their stuff or ask one question and one question only. Question such as "What's your next album about" for example, but you can think of what question you want to ask the most.

3rd prob: Up to you. If you like them that much and can afford to buy all, buy them. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

fteg123 likes this.
  10. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Whether you can get "everything" signed depends on how big the crowd of fans who want autographs are. If there a huge line of fans waiting, then the singers' managers will want to process the fans through as fast as they can with just the minimum amount of autographs, so their singers don't get exhausted. You could bring all of you stuff, but you'll have to consider the extra weight and bulk and inconvenience of hauling it all around in a crowded concert area with an unknown possibility that they'll accommodate you. I guess if you're willing, you can get your minimum items signed, then wait around until every else got their stuff signed and go back ask if they'll sign the rest of your collection. You may want to ask one of their managers first though, so you don't waste your time.

11. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai chan are you secretly an idol?!:eek::eek::eek:

Ai chan likes this.
  12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Not secretly. Ai-chan used to be an idol. Didn't you know Ai-chan once appeared on SCawaii?

userunfriendly likes this.
  13. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Pics, pls.:blobdrool: