Recommendations similar to Chu Wang Fei and Princess Wei Yang (Complete novels only)

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Inaira, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Inaira

Inaira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    rec me complete or almost completely translated books. It can even be set in modern times but it has to have rebirth/transmigration theme.

2. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
  3. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not complete but https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-rebirth-of-the-malicious-empress-of-military-lineage/ is probably up your alley. Lots of schemeing revenge.

To explain it better, the MC was a foolish girl who was the daughter of a powerful general. In love with a prince, she forced the marriage onto him and ended up using her family's influence to help him become emperor. As empress, she endured many hardships (like losing her family, children, being a political hostage, dealing with inner courtyard and backstabbers etc) and matured, but was too late in noticing her husband had only seen her and her family as pawns. After getting killed, she transmigrates back before she married the guy and then starts to deal with the other, traitorous branches of her family in the name of revenge. The schemes are pretty smart, at least smart for me (but I'm kinda dumb so idk). She likes using other people to do her deeds while she hides in the shadows, manipulating people with her stores of future information. Face slapping has been pretty satisfying, and lots of death. It's pretty interesting tbh, tho I haven't been keeping up lately.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  4. sithkazar

sithkazar Professional Screw Up

Reading List:
    Link
  5. litokid

litokid Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eight Treasures Trousseau. It's complete.

I read it after running out of Chu Wang Fei chapters and found I like it even more.

Translation is excellent quality, though I'll warn it's heavy on the Chinese terms and titles at first. It makes it daunting to get through the beginning. But it doesn't take long to get used to it and what comes after is worth it.

Inaira likes this.
  6. Inaira

Inaira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just completed it a few hours ago and liked it but its a bit tame compared to Chu Wang Fei, most of the action was completed behind the scenes so I wasn't completely crazy about it, although I did love the heroine, its my lifes dream to spend my life eating reading and sleeping just like her

7. Jibril

Jibril Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Inaira likes this.
  8. Inaira

Inaira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How is it on the revenge front? Spoilers please.

9. Jibril

Jibril Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    family: her father lost his title, was imprisoned and they were all thrown out of their house. Her half-sister died miserably as a concubine.
    concubines: the 2 who didnt cause problems lived the rest of their lives in peace as a backdrop while avoiding the ML and the ones causing trouble all died.

dont remember that much of the details anymore since it has been a long time ago that i read that one

Inaira likes this.
  10. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really much on that. She just wanna live. She did deal with 'evil' relatives appropriately. The MC is so realistic its freaking awesome.

Inaira likes this.
  11. Night Prince

Night Prince Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chongfei Manual is the only completed novel that I had read.But if u want uncompleted novel suggestion,I can suggest u.

Inaira likes this.
  12. Inaira

Inaira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ple
    please rec uncompleted books as well but only if they are more than halfway complete. Waiting for years for a story to reach its conclusion is torture