Recommendations Similar to Until Death Do Us Part Manga

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by FernwehDesu, Apr 13, 2016.

1. FernwehDesu

FernwehDesu 『 The one who's reading this is an idiot 』Teehee~

Reading List:
    Link

Hello, humans~ I'm looking for manga/anime/novel that is similar to Until Death Do Us Part~
    No, not the yaoi novel but rather the manga by Takashige Hiroshi, okay?

Here's the synopsis:
    The future is a great unknown. Throughout history, those who have been graced with the power to read it have been sought by many. In this day and age, the term "prophet" is outdated. "Precog," as in precognition, is the modern term. Yet when the powers of precognition is graced upon a young girl named Tohyama Haruka, she is sought after by a powerful organization. Utilizing her powers, Haruka makes contact with Hijikata Mamoru, a blind swordsman. When cornered by her captors, Haruka proposes an outrageous condition to Mamoru. Haruka wants Mamoru to protect her until death do them part.

Long story short: I want an MC with precognition~ Or someone who is blind but still pretty badass. Female/Male protagonist, with/without romance.. either is fine. I would prefer if it's not Harem though. So please tell me beforehand if it is~

2. pocketbear

pocketbear !!!!!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I love this manga~ I have no recommendations but I wanna know as well~

3. NoFear911

NoFear911 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many Seinen manga will satisfy your need. But the blind or precognition part is tricky. Let see

1. Red Eye: Super badass soldier in an assault armor, killing everyone standing in his way for vengeance
    2. Berserk: Do I need to explain?
    3. Ubel Blatt: Similar to Berserk but the MC is a badass Shota
    4. Vinland Saga: a young boy played Mercenary Saga, Farmland Saga and Merchant Saga. Jk but it's really awesome
    5. Sidonia no Kishi: Mankind in space against deadly alien lifeform
    6. Hellsing and Drifter: Must read
    7. I will add more later if I can remember

rav1980 and admira like this.
  4. losha

losha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah ... I can only think of two manga with precognition and I don't remember the names of either of them. One is a 4-koma I think about one highschool girl who can see the future and another who can tell when people are lying(The future is a lie??). The other was about a girl who could catch glimpses of the future ... pretty sure it was a full blown shoujo manga ... might have been called Kami no Kumi or the Land of the Blind or something like that. As to blind and badass the only other thing I can think of is Daredevil ... but that is full on western super hero comic so not really what you want.

Things that clear neither of your desires but that I think might still entertain you:
    Akumetsu
    Iris Zero

6. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mekakushi no Kuni. (Land of the blindfolded)Story of seers teens. They explain that if the people of the world is blindfolded , her blindfold is loose and could see from time to time, the man on the other hand could peek at will while the other man is facing the opposite direction while his blindfoldis gone. 2 of them could see the future while the other one could see the past of all object just by touching.

Enigma. Teens are trapped in a death game. Everyone of them has special capabilities and the mc write a future diary whil he is sleeping. Very useful on a death game.

The future is a lie. Their powers are not the main focus. And the one I just recommended. P.S. I hate the people of Iris Zero,

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  7. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    Psyren
    Zettai Karen Children

Both manga feature protagonists who are friends with precog psychics. Zettai Karen Children may take a while though, since it starts off with them as kids and slowly shows them growing up.

8. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Blade of the immortal. Other than the setting, its pretty similar. With the girl heroine and the badass samurai compannion.

9. Otagwenko

Otagwenko Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jormungand might not have a blind badass or precog MC but it's tone and style are so similar with Until Death Do Us Part that you almost feel as if they share the same universe. It's essentially about an elite group of misfits banded together under the flag of a major arms dealer. It's like if Until Death Do Us Part was about a criminal version of Elements Network. I'd also recommend Black Lagoon if you haven't already read it. They all give the same kind of feeling, high quality stories set in modern times with well developed characters and plenty of guns. I know this might not be what you're looking for but if you enjoyed Until Death Do Us Part I'd highly recommend reading these.

10. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
  11. FernwehDesu

FernwehDesu 『 The one who's reading this is an idiot 』Teehee~

Reading List:
    Link
    I already read a few of these. While I also dropped a couple because it doesn't suit my tastes~
    Most of them caught my eye though~ Yaaay~ *jumps up and down* *trips*

Red Eye | Berserk | Ubel Blatt | Vinland Saga | Sidonia no Kishi | Hellsing and Drifter | Ichi |Kami no Kumi(?) | Akumetsu | Iris Zero | Mekakushi no Kuni | Enigma | Psyren | Zettai Karen Children | Blade of Immortal | Jormungand | Black Lagoon

[​IMG] Thanks a lot for the recommendations!