Feature Request Since I'm back(for like10minutes ye).. Let's do this.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Lachiel, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Review spotlight spot: Top most liked review gets moved towards the top of the list (pinned persay) and it shows "Most people found this review helpful". (something like this ye?)

Edited reviews: Something like steams new system where more recent reviews are at the top and edited ones are moved so that current reviews are always fresh and dictate the current state of the novel.

Deleted chapters: This was never a problem before but now I've been finding more and more chapters being deleted and It's ruining my recent chapter list. as It stands I have 633+ novels I'm keeping track of and once something gets deleted it legit ruins my recent read chapter with its little (d) and doesn't revert to the previous chapter.

Chapter listing: Instead of going by date which is cool and all, but once we get into this problem of people retranslating the starting chapters it starts to mess up the reading list with "Recent chapter (1)" and read chapter "50". Quality of life, but since everyone is using the standard V"x"-Ch"x" I think this should work if sorted that way for reading lists. but then again I'm most likely the only one to complain about this :).

Can we also stop the fishy person who keeps removing perfectly fine releases and added it with their own? I know its going on because my feed gets messed up when I see 2 of the same chapters and then the RSS feed one gets removed. murrrrr.

Also this genre thing is getting out of hand, I've found at least 20-30 novels with genre's that don't even fit the novel so can we get a system where a genre needs to have X amount of people trying to add that genre before it gets officially added, (Well besides the person adding the novel). It ruin's the series search since you get a ton of crud you were not even trying to search for in the first place.
    _________
    Since I've been gone for so long that I'm a old man, I only came out to gripe about these. wuu

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  2. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But having the (deleted) still designates what chapter you were at. If it reverted to a "previous" chapter, you won't be able to know where you left off. For example:
    [​IMG]
    The "previous" chapter here is 0.
    EDIT: It seems to actually be chapter 10 since someone else made a release? But you get my point.

Not sure what you mean here. Are you saying releases are being added and then deleted and then re-added on the Novel Updates releases page? Only mods can do this...

Parth and I have already brought up the suggestion of having chapters listed by a "sort number" and I think Tony is aware of it. Having more people bring it up doesn't hurt though.

Mods can "lock in" (or out) genres. If you see some persistent changing of the genres, message a mod to get certain genres locked. (...Or you can ask Tony to be re-upped as a mod...)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  3. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. You are an ancient now.

For top rated reviews, you could change the order they appear. There's a button to change how they appear on top of review section