Spoiler Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by QuinNoteBook, Aug 7, 2019.

1. cloudyrene

cloudyrene Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The king, heroine and heroine’s brother are the main antagonists. The king knows about the curse and tries to kill Ibelina due his suspicions about her. (I forgot why he’s suspicious lol) You don’t meeting the heroine’s brother until late into the book. Basically, he loves his sister a lot and goes to war with the king’s country so the heroine could get together with the prince. There are other small reasons too but I can’t remember them. Anyways, they all die in the end.

okay so after the head maid catches Ibelina with the ml, she gets really mad. She forces Ibelina to leave the mansion because they could never be together due to social class differences? I might’ve spoiler this before though, I can’t remember.

After this happens, the second half of the novel begins.
    I might’ve said some of this before, sorry-

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Shey_04, Khadz, Rokai and 17 others like this.
  2. cloudyrene

cloudyrene Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I knowwww, Lorenzo was one of the best characters :c

i don’t remember a lot about the novel but I can tell you some really minor Ibelina x ML moments that I do remember. the king personally invitesIbelina, who was just a maid at the time to a ball. He does this to examine her. There, a bunch of guys line up to dance with the MC. ML gets really jealous. ML also really, really hates Diego. He’s worried the the MC will like him better than him so tons of arguments between them.

Shey_04, shiory, Khadz and 17 others like this.
  3. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope Diego gets kicked in the nuts. Repeatedly.

4. sets_trans

sets_trans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Leandro kick that stupid head maid out.

5. evilbonsai

evilbonsai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    diego's ending and i heard he is in love with mc?

kurohamukami likes this.
  6. CocoaDX

CocoaDX Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ibelina kind of remind me of a typical dense heroine the more the story progress but to be fair she kind of dont see Leandro as a man (yet) since shes older than him by 4 years?

Gothita, Poor_Hero and Lovina like this.
  7. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    More like she won’t allow herself to see him as a man. There’s a part of her that would like to, but thinks maybe this should wait a bit. Part of her age reasons, another probably be due to his station in life.

Khadz and Lovina like this.
  8. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And the fact that she know him since is a child and acted like a big sister. It's hard to see people who you bathed like a man.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Khadz, Rokai, Hathley and 4 others like this.
  9. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What will arrive to miss trap (the knight who look like an handsome boy but is a girl ?)

10. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    ???? For real? Is he masked with magic? Also Lorenzo in the story is lovable and Diego is... NOT.

Khadz, Celebrianna, Hathley and 2 others like this.
  11. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's more that he is dressed differently a change of clothes can change a Man or a woman completelly but he still have the same hair colors and eyes colors. In spoiler it was say that they hided the Prince because the curse was meant for him in the first place and that the Prince is the second ml because he wanted to know why ml is interested in mc , lorenzo is the second ml he approched mc because of the same reason and what is the better way to hide a prince and know more about the curse that make him work as a domestic for the household of the one that is touched by the curse instead of him ? i just do the math . Diego don't appear that much he is pretty mysterious we only know him by mc statement about the og novel and a conversation between him and ml when ml's died.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    sareenmomo likes this.
  12. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ml's mother will be exiled for what i understand it's the emperor order

shiory and lazynoodles like this.
  13. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, her reasons not to be attracted to Alejandro just not yet makes sense. She is in a different class than him and yes, she does have the mindset of being his protector or a big sister first rather than a girlfriend or lover. The most modern example would be like falling in love with someone who have a previous non romantic relationship with. Girl will be scared out of her wits once she learns that yeah, the boy she is looking after has a crush on her,
    In the story, Ibelina's goal isn't exactly leads to the romance path and we only see those because we're the readers. It's typical of the genre to have the FL as a dense romantic interest while the ML is obviously (as well as the reader sees) trying to be with her. Which may result in either the audience getting mad the MC for not picking up clues or the ML since he appears to be trying too hard. And yes, society does play its hand which of course will get bashed too. sometimes, I wonder if readers actually know the social norms wherein these stories were set. Just learning that and all the drama will fade away.

marimel and Evilmambapower like this.
  14. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Confirmed? i'm gonna buy Alejandro his pick of poison if that's true.

chamchaworld likes this.
  15. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep it's in the latest chapters of the spanish translation chapter 33 it's a scene of the original novel as well , she is sent in an province in the south i think that she have made something illegal like take medecine or drug not autorised by imperial law but i'm not sure. It's weird but she seem pittiful yet annoying she is suddendly all like i'm you're mother. She also became a drunk woman like an woman who spent the money of the family for her lover and spent all time with him by day and who drunk several alcool by night.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  16. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate the 'I'm your parent' card. It's not like the Alejandro chose to be born to them or to be an heir. And I hope to anything Holy that Alejandro won't budge. I understand that his parents weren't perfect and there is no perfect relationship between parents...and then I realized that many nobles are entitled to people in the first place. I understand that they didn't choose their station but going to the extreme and justifying with such flimsy excuse is completely beyond me.

The silver lining is there will on parent involved if he chose to be with Ibelina. in this scenario, it is a godsend not to have an in-law like that.

sareenmomo likes this.
  17. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt Lorenzo is Diego. Not because they look completely different, but because their character is almost opposite

18. Thymelee

Thymelee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hiiii @cloudyrene so how did Alejandro and ibelina got married in the first place? Considering that alej is a duke and ibe is just a maid? For sure there are social constructs to be acknowledged at the time before they even got married or was it just like a cinderella moment?...gosh my curiosity is just too much haha

19. nanayoung

nanayoung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I've noticed a bit of a flower motif in this story that I wanted to talk about because why not.

So flowers. Flowers hold a specific meaning to the Duke's family. Upon proposing/marrying their fiance, the head of the Duke's family offers a garden full of flowers to the woman as a show of their love. This is a tradition that's probably dated back for some centuries, so it is pretty well established and a pretty important part of the "lore" so to speak.

Alexandro's late father gave Alexandro's mother a garden full of roses. Roses are typically represented as a form of deep love in most stories, movies, books, etc so you'd expect their love to be just as deep as the roses the Duke gave his wife. But in this story, the Duke and his wife fucking hate each other. They regularly cheat on one another, can barely seem to stand to be around one another, and maintain the fact that their marriage was purely political with no sense of attachment whatsoever. This sort of disdainful apathy even extends to their son, who they couldn't give any less of a fuck about.

As a result, roses take on a different kind of meaning in this story. It represents the illusion of love, a false love that gives off the pretense of being real. And this sort of representation extends to Alexandro's love for Elenora in the original story.

Whenever we see Elenora in this story, her image is surrounded by white roses. There are white roses when Elenora and Alexandro meet after so many years apart, white roses whenever she's brought up, and white roses whenever Ibelina flashes back to the original story and Elenora and Alexandro's relationship. White roses are a big thing with those two, so it would be right to assume that Alexandro offered Elenora white roses when he first proclaimed his love for her.

And here's the thing about white roses: they're commonly used as a symbol of true love. A pure sort of love, untainted by corruption and hatred. Happiness and perfection, all rolled up into a single flower. And initially, that's what Alexandro's and Elenora's love seems like. Elenora used her pure love to open Alexandro's heart, made him into a sweeter, more kinder man, and also used it to undo his curse. Her love freed him of the taint that had cursed him ever since he was young, giving him new life and purpose.

But here's the thing: a white rose is still a rose no matter how pure it may seem. Alexandro and Elenora's love seemed perfect and true, but -- just like the white roses that signified their love -- it was just an illusion. Elenora never loved Alexandro the way he wanted to be loved; she loved Deigo and probably thought of Alexandro as a friend or even brother. Alexandro believed in the promise of the pure love Elenora provided, never realizing how false it was. He continued to believe in it throughout his entire life, until he rebelled against the crown and died as a rebellious traitor, alone and unloved.

Much like how the false love between the Duke and his wife turned them into unsympathetic assholes, the false love between Alexandro and Elenora turned Alexandro into a desperate traitor willing to do anything to get a woman who probably never cared about him in the first place.

But then there's the love between Ibelina and Alexandro in this story.

During Ibelina's or Alexandro's dream sequences, we get brief flashes to the future where an older Ibelina and Alexandro are shown frolicking through a field of sunflowers, happy and content. Ibelina even mentions sunflower seeds, saying that they're her favorite snack. So its safe to say that the sunflower represents the love between her and Alexandro.

Sunflowers represent adoration, longevity, and loyalty. To give someone a sunflower is to bring joy and happiness into their life, lighting up their world and giving them some much needed warmth -- which pretty much defines Ibelina's and Alexandro's relationship to a tee.

Alexandro's life before Ibelina was pretty shitty, what with the curse and the asshole parents. Moreover, no one really cared about him or what he was going through, seemingly washing their hands of him the moment the curse started to go bad. She was the only one who ever made an effort to try and give him a good, joyful life, the only one to stay with him during those trying days when the curse seemed like it was going to kill him, the only one to truly seem him as adorable even with his curse and bratty attitude, and the only one who showed that she loved and cared for him even when everyone else didn't. And she did all of this despite believing that her actions would have no affect on his life; that he was destined to fall in love, be rejected, rebel, and get executed and that nothing she would do would ever make a difference.

The sunflower motif between Alexandro and Ibelina represents a different sort of love compared to all the other flowers. It is not the "deep" love of the normal rose or the "pure" love of the white rose. It is instead a sort of "realistic" love -- a love that is built up over time, through trust and affection. A love that starts out rocky, has a few bumps and obstacles along the way, but nonetheless is more tangible than any other. A love built on truth and trust, rather than an illusion and false promises. A love that can actually last, instead of falling apart.

20. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wtf Lorenzo is Diego?! How good he is at disguising that their aura is so different?! I'm shipping him with Iber because he is so cute and acts like a cinnamon roll. Whyyy