Recommendations Single goal driven MC/Obsession driven MC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Tim432, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Tim432

Tim432 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I'm looking for a story where the protagonist has a single ULTIMATE goal or an obsession, that he wants to accomplish at ALL COSTS. If MC goes sidetracked with romance, a random quest, or anything that doesn't help him or relates to his goal/obsession, don't post this here. It doesn't matter what the goal is, save the world, extreme love or desire to protect somebody, just plain power hungriness, It has to be the only thing that matters to mc.

Examples:
    Reverend Insanity | Protagonist only wants immortality, goes against all law and order, destroys and plunders.
    Ouroboros Record ~Circus of Oubeniel~ | Protagonist only wants immortality, insane and bloody experiments ensues, has a title "slave killer". The protagonist is too OP, though.

Soul of Negary | Protagonist seeks power. A great book, a dead soul clings to life awakening germ manipulation powers, survives by consuming other's souls, but in the process absorbs their character traits, prompting selective feeding. Creates a cult around himself. Latter on he evolves past that, but this is spoiler territory.

Record of a Thousand Lives | An all powerful demon lord picks a random guy as an opponent, and he is no match, so he sends him back in time, and then again and again and so on. The character is burned out and the only goal he has is to kill the demon lord.That is the premise, but in reality the MC goes and makes justice to all the very very cliche bad guys. It's only 19 chapters so far so i'm hopeful and keeping this here.

The Voyager: Remastered on RoyalRoad | An emotionless soul with only power in mind, gets requited into a meat shield army governed by all powerful between word overlords, jumping though worlds and milking them for power ensues.

That's all i have that is still getting updates and i could remember. Should this post get attention ill rummage though my history to find stories i forgot.
    And yes i know about Warlock of the Magus World and no i found the protagonist relies way to much on the ai, the incredible cheat he has, for me to like the story

2. NothingIsEternal

NothingIsEternal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hyperspace Transmigration: The protagonist luckily got a system when he had terminal cancer. Since then, since he put the country on the path to power, he is ready to lose everything and become eternal.

The protagonist is a Neutral Evil person. destroys worlds and uses people for his purpose. He creates a samasra space.

System has a very very important history and it becomes obsolete after 100 chapters.

The only thing the protagonist doesn't want to lose are his emotions he doesn't want to be ruthless (emotionally) because everybody even ruthless hasn't succeeded but he wants to be eternal so he is just extremely indifferent.

Have a good day

Tim432 likes this.
  3. NothingIsEternal

NothingIsEternal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    + No romance or friends only have is goal

4. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Mother of Learning
    The King Avatar

5. Tim432

Tim432 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, will check it out!

Mother of Learning is a good story with a rational protagonist, but he doesn't have the extreme that I'm looking for.
    he likes his little sister, He felt guilt after replacing himself in the original world, he gets generally sidetracked
    The King Avatar ehm are you sure? I read the manga and he seems pretty carefree and generally just plays the game because he can and because he is good at it, it didn't give me an impression that he is desperate or even vengeful considering his circumstances . Just an apathetic guy floating down the river of life imo. Could be wrong, read it years ago.

Both are good stories thank you! But don't quite fit the bill, they are too humane i guess you could say

6. Silerus

Silerus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tim432 likes this.
  7. Tim432

Tim432 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read it, fits here. Not that good of a story though. Thank you anyways!

Silerus likes this.
  8. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Tim432

Tim432 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the recommendation, but doesn't fit here!

10. Cole

Cole Always Bored AF

Reading List:
    Link
  11. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't my new life in another world supposed to be easy? On sh. Mc so far has been only interested in learning magic (and sleeping, but mostly learning magic)
    Hell app mc only wants to win the game so he can revive his best friend and kill him again and doesn't get sidetracked
    ... Spectator? Maybe? Mc just wants to get someone who won't leave him and to observe the protagonist
    I, the hopeless sister, love my sister - do I need to explain?
    Volcanic age? Maybe? Mc just wants to destroy dark heaven cult
    Miss Demon Maid (stopped reading halfway through but mc is very devoted to serving ojousama)