Resolved Skyrim LE PC enable full screen mode?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Lazriser, Jun 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm in the mood to play Skyrim again, but this time, I installed the Legendary Edition. My previous Skyrim installation was fine, because I can easily change resolutions and modes between full or windowed. This time, it's not working as expected, because of read-only permissions. I followed the instructions online on how to make it full screen, but it did not work. I apply unread (unchecked the box) to the read-only folder 'Activision' and it's sub folders and files, and found 'SkyrimePrefs'. Opened it and changed settings to native and full screen=1 yet it did not work. It still runs on a very small windowed mode. I am now close to rage quitting this game.

Any ideas what should I do or did I do something wrong in the process?

EDIT: RESOLUTION IS OKAY NOW. There was another SkyrimPrefs in save folder which was the file I needed to edit.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  2. Duran

Duran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Skyrim LE has a lot of problems with alt+tab when it is fullscreen. I suggest getting a simple borderless windowed mode mod. It is still windowed, but there is no borders and it is the same size with your screen. So, it looks just like full screen (This is also called a fake fullscreen). That way it will run smoother and you can alt+tab whenever you want.

3. Wayang Emperor The First

Wayang Emperor The First 《The First Loli》《Cute Little Kid♡》

Reading List:
    Link
    Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Locked on request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.