Recommendations Skyrim like novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Bigranf, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Bigranf

Bigranf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, just your typical magic setting, but I'm looking for one that has a similar main character development, you know, apart from the AI limitations in Skyrim which makes you able to complete "difficult" dungeons at the start of the game, you pretty much start from nothing and yeah you are the dragon born and whatever but in the story you aren't much powerful that your average knight at the start - I want a novel where the character isn't special nor below average, just somebody walking the path of luck and hard work but with the crude and brutal world of the medieval-fantasy world. btw, I don't mind romance, I think it's interesting, but I dislike where It just takes all the spotlight, or it's overly sexualized. I would appreciate that there isn't game-like mechanics or gods/religions (I'm fine with gods/religions, but not when the plot is around it)

Bonus points if there is a dark (not necessarily evil) organization and more bonus points if the character isn't evil but wouldn't mind too much doing evil deeds

2. Lasheoff

Lasheoff Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Theres a book on webnovel called Dragonborn Saga i think fits your criteria

3. Bigranf

Bigranf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems interesting, but what I'm looking for is a new experience that's not directly related to Skyrim. I want a novel like Skyrim but that's not Skyrim. Thank you anyway, if I don't find anything interesting then I will give it a try.