LCD Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shance, Apr 30, 2016.

1. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    the most often adaptation rate for a 1-cour airing is 3-4 volumes. though 5-6 are not too rare either. maybe checking the LN's illustrations we can get an idea of where's what.

we now live in an era where ppl are actively looking for an excuse to get triggered, or "feels offended on behalf of .... " now.
    the official english title have the word 'slave' removed is already foreshadowing tell. i mean, even on NU the advertisers are already requesting more than a dozen words to be censored.

2. totagamer11

totagamer11 mofu-mofu master

Reading List:
    Link
    Just when i thought RtD had given up on this 1 we suddenly get a new chapter. RtD thank you for your time and dedication. LN page says theres 11 now. Does anyone what is the wn chapter for the ending of v11. I hope it surpasses so we get something to read.

Well if you consider how these bastards normally are we should prolly be grateful it made it yo the us at all. Its not like kids are gonna read it anyway with a R18 tag and what adult would be dumb enough to do it in public. Personally I believe they are the real idiots who can't seperate reality from fantasy.

3. NuckinFutz

NuckinFutz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC is mostly sensible but the suboptimal configuration of the party has been bugging me and it seems about to get worse. Main reason seems to be the cat girl is such a lame character she has to play the role of assassin to keep her relevant. Now that it's apparent that the strategy is super effective He's considering adding another sure... but why Sherry? Roxane obviously makes the best assassin and I still don't understand how Sherry with Blacksmith and Priest isn't the most obvious set up. These classes are even already acquired in their backstories! Am I the only one so bothered by this?

4. KhayDesu

KhayDesu ❀Rᴇᴀᴅιɴԍ Eɴтнusιᴀsт❀ | ★ᴅᴇsu~★ | ✿Loquᴀcιous✿『☕』

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel becomes stale in the coming chapters, The mc becomes a beta incomparable to his initial self after transmigation (he was cooler back then)

5. NuckinFutz

NuckinFutz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I started reading the LN, and I see what you mean now. His rewritten personality repulses me. I'm not sure about beta yet but he's certainly more perverted and less rational and based now. He's only barely acting stoic now and inwardly he's talking about wanting to worship Roxanne's body dumb s***. Before he seemed young but serious and mature enough to avoid being a cringy virgin after acquiring Roxanne. Feel like maybe the author himself is Young and serious before but now that he wants to make money and market this he's hamming it up. I know people who don't like this complain that he was too dull and straightforward with too much text rambling about stats and strategy but that was the real appeal to me that set it apart from the other cringey web novels about beta harem collectors.

KhayDesu and Astaroth like this.
  6. KhayDesu

KhayDesu ❀Rᴇᴀᴅιɴԍ Eɴтнusιᴀsт❀ | ★ᴅᴇsu~★ | ✿Loquᴀcιous✿『☕』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i do agree with some points, i do find the level/skills system interesting though i don't really like how the MC's development is portrayed and how other characters seem more interesting compared to him

7. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Just checked most recent translated chapter of the LN version, and while IDK about how LN and WN versions compare, it doesn't really matter cause apparently MC just got the bathtub in the most recent chapter...

By the time the LN translation even catches up to the WN it might be like a year later?...

Anyway, I 100% agree that the interesting part about this novel was MC's methodicalness in how he uncovers how the 'game' systems work.

Uncovering how classes/jobs are acquired, uncovering how skills work, uncovering how weapon slots and weapon skill slots work, etc.

I get that it can be a bit dry reading about how MC "researches" things like how much damage is required to defeat a monster, how the same monsters of different levels (different floors) compare to each other in terms of strength, etc. (the list really just goes on forever).

But the reasons to read the novel are basically that and the harem, and imo the fanservice part of the novel doesn't add much besides illustrations.

For these reasons the manga adaption might actually just be the preferred version tbh. it conveys the same information with a lot less text and the harem adds a lot more to it.

8. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I noticed this in the WN and now in the LN version: the author loves to talk about kissing immediately after waking up but I haven't seen even one mention of morning breath. Kissing a woman immediately after waking up is a thing you do if you're into her but it's actually kinda gross at first. Makes me wonder if this author has ever been married or even had a girlfriend. Maybe he's only been with prostitutes so has never experienced waking up together.

9. Amplify

Amplify Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've noticed this in the WN and now in the LN version: the author never talks about Michiro or anybody else going to the toilet. Makes me wonder if this author has ever taken a shit. Maybe he's secretly a vampire and doesn't have such biological needs.[/s]

10. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If this was not a harem story then fine, that's a detail that I wouldn't expect an author to include, but when he gets up to five or six or however many then it starts to become an elephant in the room.

11. Amplify

Amplify Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it's simply that he wants to leave unpleasant things on the cutting room floor so to speak and just focus on the pleasant parts? No need to go full realism with everything.

12. totagamer11

totagamer11 mofu-mofu master

Reading List:
    Link
    Been a good while since I read this and it only gained 8 chapters . . .

Anyway I saw that the LN reached 12 novels. Does anyone know if it's gone farther than the WN?

13. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LN translations he just picked up the catgirl in Vol6. Way behind the WN.