Discussion Sleep and Nightmares

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DontLookDown, Aug 6, 2018.

?

Are nightmares tiring?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I don't get nightmares

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Pff. Weaking. I am the nightmare

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. DontLookDown

DontLookDown One with the bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, hey! >.<
    I'm really tired today, despite getting a full 8 hours of sleep, like I usually do.
    The only thing that changed tonight was that I got a nightmare ;w;
    I couldn't tell if it was the nightmare, but are they actually that tiring? I haven't had one since I was 8, so I don't remember very well o-o

I'll share the parts of my nightmare I remember, and so that I don't feel lonely, please post yours too!

Or you can just laugh at me. That's fine too ;-;

The dream, as far as I can remember, started in a mansion of some sort. Really big, anyways.
    it was me and probably about 30 other people, and despite nothing happening it gave off the feel of a killing game
    the 30 people are the standard mansion people, like an old butler, a pompous lady in blue, a little blonde-haired girl, etc, etc
    so we're taking a tour around the mansion for whatever reason, and as the butler looks over the ledge of a balcony with me, I see the little girl run up and give him a shove
    he falls over the balcony, and he screams really loud when he hits the ground below, like a death cry type of thing
    so I'm really scared, and I look around to see if anyone else noticed, but no one does
    the little girl is smiling really brightly now, like one of those anime smiles when something gets resolved
    since it was a dream, some part of me thought, "The little girl is innocent, there's something supernatural going on"
    I spend the rest of the dream in a following everyone around nervously as they all died, one by one
    the deaths are all cliche, like a falling chandelier or the maid stabbing someone with a kitchen knife, and the fact that no one's reacting to the others dying was the scariest part
    I constantly felt like I was the next person to go, but in the end, I didn't die, but that wasn't really a relief
    I don't know if it continued, or if I woke up first. scary

I had a continuation of the dream later, but in a modern suburbs where a bunch of flag posts kept falling and crushing things, but I don't remember it too well, so I won't post it
    I wanna go take a nap ;-;

Bad Storm likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some nightmares leave you feeling drained even tho you have had a 7-8 hours sleep and (theoretically) should be well-rested.

My nightmares are almost always about falling down from high places or exam results/ failing in exams.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    DontLookDown and Bad Storm like this.
  3. Lynx

Lynx Professional...on lewd matter

Reading List:
    Link
    My latest dream isn't a nightmare but it make me tired, its a continuous dream in about 8 days or so, i don't remember much but its about adventure and being chased by something

4. naghi32

naghi32 The Loner

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't had a nightmare ( or dream ) for a couple of years now ^_^

5. kraya

kraya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a nightmare

I had a nightmare. Yes. It was scary.

I dreamed about I was actually in a dark space.

Couldn't hear. Couldn't move. Couldn't see. Couldn't move...

It was scary imagining that. I thought I was... sleeping... but...

I was indeed... sleeping

6. Random lurker

Random lurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn so its not just me who got continuous dream :cookie:
    And about your question how about thinking some snu snu stuff before you sleep cause its work for me :blobpeek::blobpeek:

7. Nagashiro

Nagashiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They can be draining as most of my nightmares end up in me waking up covered in sweat due to the increased heart rate while sleeping. Although I haven't had dreams for quite some time, much less nightmares, I remember waking up parched and uncomfortable stickiness from sweating.

DontLookDown and otaku31 like this.
  8. BattleNoob

BattleNoob Founder of the NooB Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    For me I had a dream where my time powers is used with a chain

9. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm the kind of person that always has some vague recollection of my dreams when I wake up in my half-awake state. My dreams are usually about a happy moment in my past or me doing something fun I could never do in reality like flying with giant angel wings. On the subject of nightmares, the closest thing to them I have had was one where people were willingly ignorant. And second closest one was when I was living the life of a thriller movie hero. The second one was more fun than scary, even though I kept on waking up intermittently throughout the night.

10. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t had a nightmare in years. One nightmare I had when I was a kid involved a vampire I think. I quite like vampires so dunno why I had a nightmare with one of those in it~

11. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link

I'm a regular customer of whoever is at fault for nightmares. Just the day ago, I dreamt about killing myself after killing almost every family member I know from a family reunion.

Everyone's not moving and all I did was stab their hearts one by one. Stab. Stab. Stab. Stab. Stab. Stab. Stab. *shivers*

The floor was turned into a pool of blood where I drifted of as I wait for my own blood to flow out of the wound I inflicted on my wrist....

And yeah, nightmares could be tiring af.

12. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really a nightmare, but I've had dreams where I'm endlessly searching for my missing pair of shoes barefooted. In different scenarios to the point I feel tired waking up from another shoe searching dream... What makes them annoying is the places I search are always crowded with people and tons of shoes that aren't mine and the fact I spend so much time barefoot searching I might as well have just gone on without any shoes...
    Lately I don't have them anymore though, thank goodness.

13. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Scientifically speaking, during a nightmare things like heartbeat and hormone levels are most likely elevated, just like they would be in a regular scary situation.
    This should put the body under at least a certain amount of stress, which would then either hinder the body from getting enough REM sleep/rest or slow down the involved processes. maybe even both?

14. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan went to sleep. Ai-chan remembers being sent to another world, where Ai-chan had to help the king beat some kind of monster. While doing that, Ai-chan met a beautiful girl from one of the local villages and romanced her to the point of marriage. Then some kind of trouble came up and Ai-chan had to send the girl back to her village and help the king quell the rebellion. After Ai-chan succeeded, Ai-chan came home to this world to rest but forgot that Ai-chan doesn't know how to go back to that world and have hot lesbian sekusu with Ai-chan's beautiful wife.

Ai-chan was so bothered that Ai-chan woke up crying, but then fell back to sleep and met my guy who Ai-chan recognized because he was also at one of the balls at the kingdom. Ai-chan asked him if he knew how to go back and he led Ai-chan to his secret room where he had made a portal for him to come and go as he wished. So Ai-chan went back and reunited with my beautiful wife. We had hot lesbian sekusu and made many babies, all girls.

Ai-chan woke up very happy. Then Ai-chan tried to write down the story. Unfortunately, Ai-chan forgot most of the details and gave up before finishing the first chapter.

15. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes they are tiring, my heartbeat will be pumping, my arms numb, my body tensed, and my never ending dream that keeps looping and reoccurring with no closure to the end

16. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do have nightmares and when I wake up from getting scared. I get so angry that I can't control my dreams.

17. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like to narrate bad dreams. But I will talk about them.

I have had a reoccurring nightmare in my childhood and there was sleep paralysis too, for when I woke up, it took me sometime to move my limbs after.

Gradually, the nightmare left.

After that, I have really adopted another state of mind. As an example, in one dream I was walking down a market and I saw a lady through the corner of my eyes. I felt apprehensive and I moved to somewhere else (Maybe a mall), and I can still see the lady, she's even smiling at me.

I run to another place in hopes of leaving her behind, and she still manages to follow me.

I once again make a run for it and this time I am at some theme park. The lady's still following me. And she says to me,

"I will follow you no matter where you run to, you can't hide from me".

There's this spirit in me, when it's dormant, all is functioning normally. But when it's roused, even if it's a dream, things change dramatically. This lady ghost had just provoked that, that I couldn't outrun her.

So I went to a hoot air balloon. And the ending of the dream, I am high in the sky and the lady is still down below, only this time with a not so happy face.

And I still mocked her from above. After which I woke up.

Most nightmares manage to rouse my spirit. The ones that don't, I wake up.

18. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you have constant nightmares, then yes, but if rarely or sometimes, no. My nightmares are always me dying or something disturbing bust mostly dying. And you get used to it when you realize its another nightmare, but the thrill of dying is there, especially if you're wondering what kind of death you will experience.