Discussion Sleep. But tired still.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr. Tired, Sep 26, 2021.

?

Do you wake up energized, or wake up tired?

1. I wake up ready to start the day :)

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. I wake up.

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. I wake up and have to drag myself out of bed TT__TT

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  4. Zzzzz...

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Obviously, sleep is important. We need it so we can recharge and get through the day.
    There was even a study saying lack of sleep can reduce your lifetime. That's...rather scary to think about knowing a lot of us don't get enough. Either we have issues sleeping, there are outside factors taking it away, or you're choosing to not sleep and do something else instead. (I know you wanna binge those stories darling, but you need sleep...)

Either way, we need sleep. But my question is this:
    I sleep barely 4 hours and wake up pretty tired of course, but usually fine. But when I sleep ''approximately'' or more than 6 hours, the time that is said to be required, I still wake up super sleepy and feel ridiculously fatigued.

If anything, sleeping less makes me feel less tired when I wake up, and then when it's the end of the day, I feel overwhelmed and tired. But then I can never get to sleep, only sleeping a little or even a less amount than last night. And then the cycle repeats.
    I don't know what to do by this point, but I'm wondering how does less sleep, though making me feel tired later, has me feeling less tired when I wake, but more sleep makes me feel dead inside and lagging all throughout the day?

---
    Personally, my main troubles with sleeping are thoughts/anxiety keeping me awake, neighbors being loud, & always experiencing that 'fall' thing every time I'm about to sleep.

And correct me if I was misinformed, but I read somewhere that the 'fall' thing we feel when going to sleep is our mind forcefully waking us up when it feels like the body is shutting down [too quickly perhaps?] or ''dying''? Not sure, it was a very vague explanation.

Also, does anyone else hate it, because it is the literal definition of a mind f~ck, I loathe the people who never experienced it before.

I'm so tired. ::blobcatsad::

kkgoh likes this.
  2. Wrath444

Wrath444 Life is such a glorious trauma, is it not?

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m dying any minute then

Mr. Tired likes this.
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure, but it might have more to do with the quality of your sleep than the hours. :hmm:
    I need at least seven hours quality sleep to function properly.

4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    too much sleep

5. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Quality?? Do I need to upgrade my bed, like in the Sims? :blobwoah:??

ongoingwhy and otaku31 like this.
  6. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Google 'sleep quality'. Never needed those advices, but they might prove helpful to you.

7. nadia88

nadia88 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never had any problem sleeping and I normally wake up feeling fine. The only time I ever don't get enough is when I stay up reading or something XD. Although my grandma is an insomiac, so I've done a little research to try and help her before. Have you ever tried taking melatonin? You might also try not using any screens an hour before bed/turning on a blue light filter on devices. Or exercising! Whenever I exercise I'm always extra extra sleepy. It could be also that your circadian rhythm is off. Teenagers and people with adhd, are know for having werid circadian rhythm, but anyone can still have one.

8. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are called hypnic jerks.
    Everything from caffeine OD, stress, normal sleep transition, to evolutionary fears of our monkey brains falling from trees.
    Very common, 70% of the population has it but aren't always conscious of it.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  9. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    There's various layers of brain activity you go through while you sleep, a proper sleep will have to be a certain depth and undisturbed to reach REM phase and properly restore your fatigue. I've slept for 24 hours before, woke up sleepy, lol.

Mr. Tired, OechineunAlex and otaku31 like this.
  10. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Getting good sleep is hard. None of us want reduce our lifespans but harder fall good sleep and get enough hrs of sleep, be it fun things that keep us up late (stories, videogames, etc)., or work and childcare, stress, etc. Maybe not used to sleep schedule? From usual 4 hrs to suddenly 6 hrs out of nowhere?

Mr. Tired likes this.
  11. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the quality of sleep you're having. I find having a routine before sleeping helps me have a more relaxing sleep, waking up in good shape.
    There are many factors for a good sleep tho. bed pillow, temperature, blanket, what you ate, did you put down electronics and got on the bed, do you play music at night etc etc. In the end, it's a matter of trial and error of what works best for you.

There were days when I always wake up around 2-4am. If I miss the chance to fall asleep immediately, I'd be suffering when morning comes.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  12. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    It's 01:00 AM (GMT+7) over here. yet to sleep, but in half awake condition...
    cant sleep w/o doing some sacred ritual....
    O-Ni..:blobsleeping::blobsleeping:

13. PoopyDoopy

PoopyDoopy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have insomnia. I have become so used to bad sleep that whenever I actually get the complete 8-9 hour package I wake up like a zombie and stay that way the entire day afterward.

14. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wake up... and stay in bed... on my phone... and then I get up for school! :cookie:

But I'm so tired every day ahh not enough sleep

Mr. Tired likes this.
  15. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't stay awake for more than 4 hours since the lockdown, if I do too, that's the greatest achievement for me but it was the opposite during school day, tired but couldn't sleep properly.

P.S. I sleep for more than 14 hours(minimum requirement) a day

16. samyjackson

samyjackson New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here..:blobsleeping:

otaku31 likes this.
  17. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you sleep for 8-9 hours and still feel tired you have a health issue. Don't count on doctors to be of any help, they are hacks.