Request Slow music pieces to practise my vibrato on.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Walter vi Britannia, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pfft! Of course I did!

...you're talking about the guy's name being Walter, right? I definitely didn't check Wikipedia...too much.

2. Bitter Sweet

Bitter Sweet 『Gomi Delivery Service』

Reading List:
    Link
    I would recommend something from Crypt of the Necrodancer's OST, but that's just because I'm curious about how that would go. One of the OSTs from Azur Lane might also work, and there's already sheet music for it. Hmmm... Nothing really comes to mind. I'll reply again later today if I find something.

Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  3. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean like the shop keeper's opera part in necrodancer? I too wonder how that would sound. lol

Thanks. BTW, why did you follow me? Are you a violinist too? Or some other type of classical musician? Or another ling ling follower? Then I'd follow you too!

4. Bitter Sweet

Reading List:
    Link
    No, you're mistaken again senpai. I play the flute. Not the violin: rosin is bothersome to me because it's so powdery and sticky in all. ("> <)
    As for why I followed you; erm... because senpai is a skilled violinist? Yep.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  5. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! A classical musician too? Well, I did edit my previous comment before you replied that I'd follow you back if you were a classical musician or a ling ling follower too. Haha.

Are you still learning? How many years or months in are you? If you're still learning, which Suzuki book are you on? I have similar problems with the flute in that after playing it, the inside becomes sticky with the vapor from your saliva, which is pretty gross and to clean up its moist.

At least the rosin is more like a crystal made from natural materials, so its less disgusting. Haha

Also, the violin is something passed down from my late grandfather who had 5 children and 8 grandchildren and I (the very youngest) was the only one to inherit it.

Honestly, it was quite easy cause the rest were into the more cooler and stereotypical "guitar" which everybody wanted to play while wearing sunglasses at a beach singing country roads. Nobody liked classical music and the nerdy violin that nobody plays. But NOT ME! Their horrible playing and singing made me appreciate the only thing that sounded nice in the hands of someone who can actually play. Classical music and violin stole my heart long before I even started playing...wait, what was I talking about?... ...oh! Right! So that's also a minor reason for playing the violin too. But it doesn't matter. I tried learning the flute once too. But didn't admit myself into the classes after the trial run cause my mother didn't want me to focus on music even more than I already do when there was the finals approaching.

Bitter Sweet likes this.
  6. Bitter Sweet

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still learning the finer things, and it's been about three years now. Still not very capable since I still lack consistency. I'm only learning through school classes for now since music composition is eating up my time. Also, I have yet to so much as touch a Suzuki book.

7. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    What!? Three years and no Suzuki yet? Doesn't that mean your classes don't have Suzuki planned to be taught at all? Cause my class started those after 3 months, and violin probably takes the most time to get the basics down before starting Suzuki books. The guitar classes next door started theirs after a few weeks and piano basically started immediately.

...and that was with classes being once per week. It's also through school classes (later I got more advanced education) but within three years we were already at the 4th book...which I personally thought was a little slow.

Anyway, maybe your school is not planning on making you learn through the defined Suzuki books at all. You should look up Suzuki flute books online and maybe start learning those. They are a great help with all the neatly arranged bits and pieces from famous classical music with rising difficulty. It's a must have for all schools teaching music.

8. Bitter Sweet

Reading List:
    Link
    The only books we've used so far is the Essential Elements books. Everything is usually taught by the teacher as we come across them in newer pieces since we generally spend every day practicing for our concerts and assessments. I suppose I'll look into the Suzuki books sometime this summer.

9. Bitter Sweet

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh btw, how about playing House of the Rising Sun? Or maybe the 2018 remake for The Intense Singing of Hatsune Miku? Ah, and although probably even more of a stretch is Seafood by Kikuo and si_ku.

Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  10. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, so that's how it works. Sorry, I don't know much about how flute is taught so I won't act like a pro. haha
    But I've heard about that book...it's pretty famous. But since we learned through suzuki which is usually the go to for music related practices, we never picked up that book. (I mean, 3 years for 4 books out of 10...we didn't have the space to cram that in there too. lol)

Anyway, good for you. Essential Elements books sounds much cooler so I'm a bit jealous. Plus, its a bit more unconventional to learn cause most schools teaches through Suzuki. So now you can brag about being special.

12. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    That's...not a bad suggestion.

But I did say that I don't want to bother my family or neighbors with horrible sounds, right?