Chinese Small shop owner in the sixties

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by northerner, May 24, 2021.

1. northerner

northerner a stressed potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: 六十年代小店主
    Raw Link: https://m.imiaobige.com/novel/22654.html

Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    I didn't read the first 60 chapters because I assumed that there are a lot of face-slapping, stimulating scenes with MC breaking away from her fam. She's transmigrated to the 60s. She brought over her Taobao store and has customers. MC is quite principled and very much like a real person. She make mistakes, hesitated when ML did something she didn't expect he can actually do. But she's open for advices. She knows what she wants. And ML, was a normal man who loves his wife. He wasn't possessive, crazy but he dotes and supports her on her career. He understand that MC can't tell him about the Taobao, so he helps her hide the truth. They weren't sticky and always together, but when they are, it feels sweet. Lol. I like their children, sisters, and the characters. MC isn't the forgiving and let's forget the past type but she forgives.

I was actually confused with the dad's decision of taking care of the relatives instead of his children. But in that era where filial piety is sooo important and could lead to gossip, I can understand why he succumbed to his mother but not that he didn't took care of his children.

And the twist with the Taobao and customers is nice. They have a cute family.

Description:
    Xu Nannan, the owner of the Taobao shop, woke up and became Xu Nannan, a rural girl in the 1960s. Every day a wild vegetable chaff dumpling, greedy the black, carry a hoe and go to the ground for work. The embarrassing thing is that the poor pair of trousers in the family have to be worn by the sisters. Xu Nannan said that he really wanted to go home. Fortunately, Taobao shop followed her back to the 1960s, and was finally able to do some sideline work. The world background is a parallel world, which has nothing to do with reality.

2. jheishi

jheishi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this good? I'm looking for novels to translate

3. northerner

northerner a stressed potato

Reading List:
    Link
    For me it's somewhat calming and just okay. Not great but fine.

4. jheishi

jheishi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh okay. I'll try reading it. Thanks btw