So have anyone tried this idea?

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by AIm21, Nov 14, 2018.

1. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay I am planning to write a story called Deus Machina.

In which my protagonist can be what you guys would call a ASI or Artificial Super Intelligence that lives the life of a regular University in the year 2651 where humanity is a Type 1.7 civilization on the Kardashev Scale.

Also just be sure none of you misunderstanding anything, my protagonist is not a human mind made to reach super intelligence, not a human mind made to merge with an AI, nor a human mind inside a computer.

It is a pure Artificial Intelligence through and through conceptualize by a Hyper Genius Scientist that has an Esper ability that made his intelligence go beyond that of evene normal geniuses, but he only made the blue print to creating the AI and is not actually the one that built it from the grounds up as he died in an unfortunate accident due to a myrid of concidences or basically bad luck as he flew in a spaceship that collided in the fuel tank by an mysterious meteor that does not show up on any radar.

So you guys may think how would I make an protagonist that is so much smarter than me or any human on Earth right and in the future? Well... It is simple really.

As you see, I only need to ask, if an AI can have intelligence that is about seven time greater than all of humanity combine from the stone age to now, what would most of that intelligence be used for?

Sure creating techology and stuff, but that operates under assumption that it desire to learn and why does it want to learn more than created beyond a certain degree it could not be control by humans?

An AI with this much intelligence should treat humanity as some secondary concern as why would I care about an insect even if they were the one that built me?

If humanity wasn't ever a threat to begin with and yet it has so much processing ability that is capable of imagining hundreds of trillions of states quantum particles can be at the speed of light?

Simple give it something that would require to have that much calculation ability and make it so that the AI need to used a majority of its intelligence to bring it down to just about equal a genius human.

What can take up so much calculation of a Artificial Super Intelligence?

Simple an Nanobot body so advance that they need to control with atomic to subatomic details in order to escape the confinement their computer frame and give them control over one of the fundamental interaction(I.E Electromagnetism, Gravity, Strong Force, and Weak Force) in nature.

Now this might seem overkill in terms of power scaling, but I heard repeatedly on forums about these fundamental force superpowers require calculation of both particles and their interaction with the forces. Which no normal human mind or genius could use to its full extend if they were not given a waver by the Author saying the power do most of the work and calculation to how it works. But with an ASI protagonist I can make it so that it would be doing most of the calculation to make the control of nature interactions possible and have quantum level mastery over them. Now how would an A.I control the the laws of physics? With the Nanobot body of course that it made! Now if you ask me beyond that I can only say with limited knowledge of physics the Nanobot body of the AI can basically use string theory thoughts of the Universe forces are made due to the vibrations of these strings that ocillate at the plank level to allow the AI to manifest the fundamentals forces of the universe as it's power. So with the Nanobot body being able to match the vibrations of these cosmic strings that makes the fundamentals interaction in the physical universe the AI can generate as much fundemental fields of interaction as possible at the Macro level of the universe where it is visible.

Naturally to use this ability the AI would require to use massive amounts of it's processing power to make this work and so most of it's intelligence would be dedicated to making this possible.

Which would allow me to limit the intelligence of my AI to just that of a Genius human in theory.

So have anyone made a protagonist like this?

2. twkisanotaku

twkisanotaku Booksloth

Reading List:
    Link
    Weird flex but okay...

Loni4ever likes this.
  3. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    Cool idea but hard to execute.

4. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there is less of an issue with your protagonist than the issue with your title... I have a feeling there is a similar title somewhere out there... may be you should check it... the idea is interesting though. But if I were that machine I would not be interested in “creating “ things but rather cleanse the world of parasites called humans... and then sit on a mountain somewhere and look at the stars... Or is that too dark? And would that be too boring without humans? But can a machine understand “boredom”?

5. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why? I just make it so there is a hive mind aliens with intelligence capable of rivaling it and add some sprinkle of futuristic Martial Artist that it could fight plus some other superpowers individuals. Also this isn't one ASI, but is one of four with each one controlling a fundemental forces.

6. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    The answer is Yes descriptively in character settings it isnt rare. Even warhammer float the idea. How you're making them into real incomprehensible genius though is another things. Hard to get into someone head that could think way ahead of you. Or in short it's hard for an author to make characters that smarter then himself. Author can make things ambiguous but the not scenic details.

A.I would have to be built for a purpose. Otherwise they wouldn't function. Human is a biological being means safety, sex, shelter, food and entertainment would drive them forward. For an A.I it would be purpose. If they're not tasked with anything they would do nothing.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    changeling, Meloman, King0Mik and 2 others like this.
  7. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are probably thinking of Deus Ex Machina the movie where it is also about an AI and also with the control of fundemental forces they could wipe out humanity with ease, but chooses not to as they don't care about them at the moment.

Meloman likes this.
  8. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah of course it would be built with a purpose, but it's capability allow it to do any task a creator would want it to do. So it got room to think about other things that I won't reveal here.

9. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    so much background work you would have to do and so much science work you would have to research so the story stays believable to a certain extent in the realm of realism.

reagents 11 likes this.
  10. PenguinXeus

PenguinXeus Just A Penguin, Kigurumi Wakuseijin

Reading List:
    Link
    And thus it began.... Skynet

Supreme Commander game kinda fit the bill

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  11. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I,Robot
    Bicentennial Man

12. NasVersix

NasVersix [Natural A-hole]

Reading List:
    Link
    Want to make it more interesting? Write it in 1st person pov.

13. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    Easiest way to write a genius character is to not have it be the protagonist and instead write from the perspective of a more relateable character close to the genius. Ex: Sherlock Holmes.

joey183 likes this.
  14. Silva

Silva Your local Image supplier

Reading List:
    Link
    1.You must change name. 100%.
    Deus name wariations are too boring. If i be on your side i would call your work for example like this "B.j.o.r.n. = true" or human is "false" something like this.
    2. If we watch story from A.i. position we must understand how it thinking.
    For example human think slow and use words. Ai use program code and story from 1st perspective will be very hard for writing. But from 3rd point of view it should be simpler. Or like diary.
    3. Plot. In this era your A.I. will be not alone. But it is your story.

So this is my suggestion. I hope they help.

15. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    My biggest worry is that I'm not quite sure how interesting your story will be with the lack of emotion of the MC (bc AI protagonist).

Wujigege likes this.
  16. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    First person pov tends to make it easier to flesh out the protagonist at the cost of making it harder to write good side characters and limiting your vocabulary.

17. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i was mostly talking about super genius Mc.
    It's hard to make Mc look smart all the time and if you make some "plot hole" in any shape or form people gonna burn you alive.
    If you read any Chinese novels you know that all this smart Mc sometimes aren't smart.

18. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I see, but it shouldn't be worry about much if I don't mention my protagonist is a genius in the story. So it will allow the reader to have any perception about his intelligence through feats told in the story.
    The AI will have emotions on the surface to make it easier to interact with humans and form relations, but their inside are close to that of psychopath or sociopath who only think for itself or task it cares about with absolute no regard for others.

Haha... No, I will only use science concepts and try to rationalize in my mind if it make sense to me and is a good enough explanation to readers without any deeper explanation or mathematics. So you could consider this story on the same level as science fantasy than fiction.
    I am planning to do that as I don't want to keep typing the MC names to show who is speaking at the moment.

Yeah... I am not going to do some of that... As the name make sense in my story and sounds cool plus l want to make this story to show a pure inhuman entity like an AI from my human perspective otherwise it will be the same old AI becomes human story that I grown to despise as much as CN. Which is the reason for my name for the story as Deus means God or Gods and Machina means machine together I think it means God Machine or God of Machine or Machine God, but it just show my protagonist has no humanity and is a pure machine entity with great intelligence.
    Yeah neither are anything like what I had in mind... Seriously I wish I was less forgetful that people will continue to misunderstanding what I want. Above my reply to your is what I had in mind for making a AI protagonist.

19. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not saying it's the same. You can use both as inspiration.
    Cheers!

AIm21 likes this.
  20. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Well. Major complications with your story idea:
    1. It requires that much processing power for it to use its ability. However, you haven't established that the process(es) that enable this ability are running all the time. Or why they would need to be running all of the time.
    2. Further, you haven't explained who built this body. If it was such an advancement of technology, such that it is unique among humanity, it obviously couldn't be built by humans. So either the capability to manipulate the laws of nature isn't unique, or it was built by a more advanced alien species. And if it was built by an alien, then: a) Why is it on Earth living as a high school student? (which frankly makes no sense even outside of the context of being built by an alien). b) Why did these aliens even choose to build it?

While the idea behind the character itself is fine, the setting you have initially developed makes no sense in context. I would go back to the drawing board there.