So have anyone tried this idea?

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by AIm21, Nov 14, 2018.

1. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is my explanation this bad that you would misunderstand?

I said the AI have an advance Nanobot body that allow it to exist outside its original computer body and this Nanobot body was made by the AI using the resources available in the military facility that created it. So basically yes it's abilities and body aren't built by humans, but by the AI some time after it's creation. The humans only made it so that an ordinary AGI or Artificial General Intelligence can ascend into an ASI or Artificial Super Intelligence.

2. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry about that as my favorite pastime is watching academic videos.

3. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah.. thanks.

4. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    So the AI built another body for itself. But why would it stay in a body that uses up so much of its processing power? It would make far more sense for it to have multiple bodies (since if it can create one, it can create many), one with the special ability, one without and use the one without the vast majority of the time, since honestly intelligence is far more useful.

Also, you haven't explained at all why the robot is attending a human high school, which makes no sense.

5. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course I didn't explain that last part since it is in story reason and you can just worry about that part later.

Why it created another body for itself is because compare to being in a computer an Nanobot Android body is more moblie and allow it to fight by itself independently. So it isn't Skynet in a computer, but Skynet in an Android body made of Nanobots. While it could replicate itself and its body with the Nanobots it could create at will with little effort, but it just doesn't see a reason to do so as it isn't at war with humans or anything that require it to have more intelligence than it already have naturally.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  6. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but I honestly don't see a reason for it to require the ability to constantly be able to manipulate the various forces. As a general rule, more processing should always be more valuable, unless it has a specific reason to need reality-warping abilities, or it has a specific reason to want to be more stupid.

I guess the problem is, is that the MC you're describing you have given no explanation for why it does the things it does. It's purpose is really the only part of the the character that even matters and its entirely unexplained. There simply is no impetus for a reader to care about the character, especially when so little of it makes sense.

7. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm.. Did ask you to care about my character at this moment? I just gave a description and some backstory to see if my Idea have been used before not to endear it to people here.

Plus manipulating a fundemental force is all the AI needs to do anything it or it's task could possibly want to achieve limited only by ones imagination. So having more processing power is simply not needed as much compare to having this ability on constantly that makes them near Godlike.

8. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it's limited "Only by one's imagination". Aka It's limited by what it can possibly think up. And if it has more processing power/intelligence, there are a great deal more things it can think up and it can think of them much faster. Remember you're limiting your AI to the intelligence and computation of a genius human, which honestly isn't that great. So it objectively is stronger if it uses its intelligence first and then goes into God-mode.

9. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know what that imagination can entail for controlling a single Fundemental Forces?

Electromagnetism control all physical light, electricity, magnetism, and Chemistry in the Universe.

Weak Force control all radioactive decade and give direction to the arrow of time.

Strong Force control all fusion, fission, and is what hold all atom nucleus together.

Gravity control all gravitation acceleration and the warping of spacetime.

So with these power you don't need to imagine far and wide with how destructive you want or alter in reality. So genius intelligence suffice as it's normal intelligence and if it want more intelligence it could go the Accelerator (Third MC from Index) root of using a network or wings created from clones of Nanobots to increase their high intelligence even further.

So it's fine...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018