Discussion So I've come to understand boruto stans exist?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Emissary Nouvelle, May 12, 2021.

1. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't get me wrong we all have our tastes but I've also come to understand a lot of those stans have watched Naruto and Naruto Shippudden so.....it doesn't compute.

Boruto has the same result as GOT Season 8, it screwed up everything, I watched the movie and first few episodes before its shit features just kept piling up. Naruto isn't perfect but it has its HIGHS that are really good and lows that are not so low but Boruto is just like everyone says a Fanfiction and not one of the good ones.

I have a bad habit of writing essays so I'm not even gonna list them we all know what's what.

Just gonna be vague and shorten the list of comparisons: Motives, Storytelling, Characters, Villains, Plot, Level of Logic, Fight Scenes, Artstyle, Power levels EARLY on, Jutsu Mastery, Deaths and overall tone and mood etc.

Why do people enjoy something like that after experiencing and growing up with Naruto. Naruto has a lot of faults yes but that's a whole other discussion, Boruto itself is a fault. I jumped ship the moment everything started to seem like it was heading to the bottom of the ocean.

But I'm willing to be convinced, TRYING not to be a hypocrite since I dropped it but yea, its IM[POSSIBLE to separate itself from being compared to Naruto for a long list of reasons, but I haven't read the manga nor am I up to date, so I won't act like I know everything just...why.

Why would stans exist for such trash, does it get recycled into gold somehow?

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    You're just getting old. 'everything was better back in the day!' some new generation probably thinks it's all hip while listening to music that sounds like crapping to you. (south park reference).

ExcitableFoci likes this.
  3. LollipoPReapeR

LollipoPReapeR Frequent visitor of the Yellow Springs Resort

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as it’s Lorde, it’s fine.

Aki Aki likes this.
  4. Reack

Reack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Boruto sadly is for the next generation and for diehard fans.

5. Aki Aki

Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki ⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    As a big Naruto fan, Boruto doesn't feel too appealing to me but at the same time, some of the older anime that are supposed to be super famous like Sailor Moon don't appeal to me either. People who are newer to anime might appreciate it a lot more than we do and might be the "stans" you are talking about.

6. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps the existence of the stan is the important part. Your comparison to GOT may be more apt that you originally thought. There is a sense of belonging in a fandom. The fact that it is current, unfolding, and it is connection between people in the right now may be the important part.

People are freed from the time restrictions in TV schedules and from proximity restrictions in interaction. However, the time restrictions created a frame of reference. Did you see x show last night? Compare the rating numbers & market share before the internet & afterwards. If you can't think of a good show, try comparing Dean Cain Superman series "Adventures of Lois & Clark" against the more recent incarnation. With only 4 networks dominating TV, the fewer options created a more unified viewing experience.

As for physical proximity, the chances of interacting by chance are lessened for many, since the energy is invested online & many anime fans tend to be introverts (get tired from social interaction, especially with strangers).

To compensate for the fragmentation caused by the internet, the rallying banner has focused on a series.

My $0.02.

7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link

LollipoPReapeR likes this.
  8. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Makes sense.

9. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Boruto who?

The is no Boruto in Ba Sing Se Kohoha.

10. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Elengee might be right. You're just getting older and your ability to tolerate bullshit is going down. If you had read Naruto for the first time at your current age, you might think it's garbage as well. For example, re-reading One Piece is impossible for me now, all that friendship crap makes me sick and I find myself rooting for Akainu in OP fanfictions.

elengee likes this.
  11. Williamm

Williamm New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The show is lowkey not that bad, it's just that the mindset we have from the last show makes us hate this one. If Boruto wasn’t a spin off based on anything, i think people would have liked it much more
    anime sounds: https://ringtonesfree.info/anime

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  12. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    Boruto isn't really that bad yeah but I actually asked my dad on what he thought of it because I was curious on what he'd think as one of the people that was following naruto from the first season back in the day lmao. He didn't really have a problem with the anime itself but instead had a problem with the character difference between naruto and boruto. Naruto being the loner child who was nice to everyone unless you were gonna hurt his friends meanwhile the dilemma of boruto was how his dad is never there and is in short being a "bratty child" even after how many episodes. While the premise is realistic he says he just tends to inwardly judge borutos character compared to narutos character when he was a child.

AliceShiki likes this.
  13. weltingfang

weltingfang Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Boruto as a standalone series isn't bad but when paired as a sequel to naruto it feels kinda week i mean most of its early parts is about a genius kid who complains like hes the biggest victim of the world because his dad dosen't spend enough time with him which is just pretty petty since plently of people have it worse like sareda a girl whom never met her dad gets so paranoid about him she questions everyone about him and wonders if her mom is actually her mom or mistsuki a literal clone trying to find a sense of meaning in his existence and uses boruto as a means to view the world at least kawaki makes it a whole lot better and brings more of a classic naruto vibe but they nerf naruto and sasuke really bad in the manga.