Spoiler So What If You’ve Been Reborn

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Aug 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. waraa

waraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Silently clicks *Watch Thread*:blobpeek:... and wait for some angelic soul:blobangel: to translate this novel so I can quench my thirst.... If after finishing my rather looooong list of novels *yet to read*, its still not translated I will mtl it....:coffee:

BadAllDay and theragingpanda like this.
  2. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
  3. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    mmem, Soulfill, alexfilia and 5 others like this.
  4. LukaLuka_Night

LukaLuka_Night Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhhhhh I'm late to the party.

Hello, it's me, Luka, the translator of this novel!
    Glad to see that so many people are into it??
    Looks like I'll have to work hard ouo
    Thanks for the list of Reincarnated Guys (I call them RGs) by the way, that would help me a lot.

5. Ranseiran

Ranseiran Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

All hail to translator !!! ^^_

Cant wait for the chapters. Hehe, you are our savior from mtl *my brain cells are dead when i tried to mtl.*cries*

6. Haigi

Haigi Skimming Binge Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally started reading the translations and ran over for some spoilers only to find out...I've watched this thread close to 1 year ago.

*breaks out in sweat*:sweating_profusely:
    What have I been doing with my life...

7. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm almost halfway through this novel, and I'm loving it!! The MC and ML are both wonderfully multidimensional characters, the side characters are all written very lovably, the storyline has a really fun take on the "getting a second try at life" trope... There's tons of heartwarming fluff, heartbreaking drama, and adorable humor to go around <3

I can now help answer some spoiler questions!

--------------------------------------------

First off, one crucial piece of information that has already been mentioned in the story I think. Righteous path cultivators can eventually ascend to the heavens, but demonic cultivators cannot.

Below is a bunch of details about MC's previous life:

In his previous life, MC never got that happy childhood growing up in the valley and never met ML early. So when the Stone-Born Fire erupted, the entire Yunzhou city went up in flames, killing countless people. Because the will of the heavens counting that disaster as his doing, MC was locked out of regular cultivation. As just a confused and helpless boy, he fled to the desert with the Stone-Born Flame guiding him, pursued by lots of cultivators out to get justice for Yunzhou City and take the Stone-Born Flame.

One of those cultivators was ML. ML stumbled across a naked weeping teenage MC in the desert, being pursued by cultivators. ML noticed MC's "Three Trials and Nine Tribulations" destiny, and he witnessed MC crying for the pond (stuck in his three year-old memory). Out of pity/sympathy over that shared destiny, he saved MC from the other cultivators and brought him back to the valley.

Then comes the crucial juncture. ML knew the horrors of the "Three Trials Nine Tribulations" destiny because... ML had experienced the horrors of that fate firsthand. Given that experience, ML had no desire to continue living on this world, while he knew MC would inevitably suffer from the will of the heavens.
    So... ML sacrificed his own life to pass down the cultivation techniques/traditions of his sect to MC.
    Alongside that "inheritance", ML left MC with one last piece of advice: something like "The will of the heavens wants you to die, destiny says your life will only have misfortune. So you must live! Separate yourself from emotion and love, don't care about any person on this earth, do not trust anyone on this earth. See what the will of the heavens can do to you!"
    (In simpler words: "Screw the will of the heavens. Live without relying on anyone else since your destiny mandates anyone you get close to will betray you and/or die. Screw destiny in general!")

ML and MC only met that one time, but as you can imagine, MC clung to that memory as his lifeline.

MC first lived a harsh life as a wandering cultivator for quite a few years. At that time he had no convenient way to retain memories. When he could temporarily record memories, his highest priority was always trying to find traces of ML.
    MC's life continued sucking, including getting betrayed by his younger sister (he saved himself because he followed ML's advice and never trusted her).
    He later officially entered the ranks of the demonic cultivators, and became one of the six demonic lords, famous for being moody/arrogant/distant/cold/ruthless/pragmatic. He earned the title "Li Yan Zun"--something like "Lord of Departing Flames". Since his life sucked, his personality was also on the more amoral side, killing or sparing people depending on his mood.
    He grew in power at a really rapid pace, following ML's words to "screw destiny, try and ascend to the heavens despite being a demonic cultivator." He eventually became the leader of all the demonic path because of his power and because everyone senior to him died lol.

Alongside gaining power, he also always devoted tons of effort into uncovering the history of ML and ML's fallen sect. The only time he let himself show any emotion was in his private room, trying to paint scenes of ML's past. He could beautifully draw the setting of ML's former sect, but all his paintings could not capture ML's face.
    After all, this tyrannical yet utterly lonely MC was in love with someone who he only met once, who was no longer on this world, whose face he couldn't even remember.
    MC actually showed anger, saying something like "I remember your last words. You told me to defy heaven, but why didn't you choose to continue living yourself?!"

Over time he managed to amass enough power to barge into the Black Depths Valley. He broke in without killing anyone there, and eventually the valley elders allowed him to see ML's grave. Ever since then, he visited ML's grave every year.

Finally, despite being /the/ demonic cultivator, MC actually overcame the tribulations required to ascend to the heavens, becoming the first demonic cultivator in like 8000 years to ever ascend!!

...Except the will of the heavens was like "wtf you can't do that, that didn't count". The will of the heavens actually rewound time all the way back to his birth, and then gave his bitterest enemies the chance to be reborn with memories of their past lives.
    (Kind of analogous to a game company noticing a player breaking the rules, and trying to fix that bug with "hmph we'll reset the servers back to an earlier save from a few weeks ago" lol)

Yet ironically enough, because of the angry heavens rewinding time and changing fate, MC and ML can actually get together and live happily in this second life <3

8. Poor_Hero

Poor_Hero your hope is crushed under the flag of "REALITY"

Reading List:
    Link
    ....the heaven sounds like a loner, don't you think so? so childish.... welp, good thing for the couple.
    thank you for the spoiler ^^

MiserableSOUL, mmem and lilysmith like this.
  9. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    +_+ ..... Thank you!!!!! .....did the ml ever find out what happened in mc's previous life??

lilysmith likes this.
  10. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML definitely gets the gist of what happened.
    The main storyline involves MC and ML uncovering exactly why all these random people are scheming to kill MC lol. The truth eventually comes out about MC being an OP demonic cultivator who led the demonic path in the war against the righteous path and later successfully ascended.

Then thanks to certain circumstances, MC regains memories of his previous life (at least the memories that he was able to store). MC’s personality becomes a combination of his current and previous self, while he tries to maintain his appearance to ML as the cute disciple-brother. (Previous MC would be / is absolutely ecstatic to become whatever ML wanted and keep things going the way they always have in this life.) However. ML notices the differences and the two of them have a heart-to-heart talk about previous!ML’s mistake and previous!MC’s loneliness. ML says he likes MC no matter what form he takes.

Man this novel has the best heart-to-heart talks, it’s great.

11. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Who told them mc's story? .... Do some of the reborn people do other things besides revenge?

lilysmith likes this.
  12. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there were 2 main factors that led to the truth being revealed:
    -Reborn Guy #4 was caught infiltrating the demonic path. MC and ML's ally (the most powerful leader in the demonic path) discovered that this guy knew way too many things that it should be impossible for him to know. As a result, this ally tried to extract from him the true story of why he hated Chen He, using torture and other techniques. These techniques appeared to all fail, because the will of the heavens would make the reborn guy faint whenever he was about to leak secrets of the previous life.

-Then it came down to Reborn Guy #5, who was probably the most reasonable one of the lot. In his previous life he was the diligent and slightly hapless leader of the righteous sect alliance against MC's demonic sect. This reborn guy acknowledges himself that he has enmity with Chen He, but not hatred. Since in this life they have no reason to be enemies, this reborn guy manages to give hints about the truth towards Chen He and co. (It was pretty difficult since heavenly lightning would strike down whenever he tried to say anything directly lol).

MC and ML use a pretty cool method to "show their hypothesis" to Reborn Guy #5, who confirms: yes, previous!Chen He was a demonic cultivator who ascended to the heavens, which led to the pissed-off destiny rewinding time.
    -------------------

In general, some of the reborn people are more reasonable than others, some are more powerful than others, some are smarter than others, some have more complex plans than others... It's cool to see how they differ.

Reborn Guy #5 I think turns out the best of the bunch, since he happily enters his righteous sect earlier. He gets to make stronger connections with the older generation than in his previous life too.

-------------------

The reborn people usually try to get revenge by:
    1) Making great disasters appear earlier (sometimes hundreds of years earlier), to try and kill Chen He before his cultivation level has risen enough. Ironically enough, because these calamities got pushed earlier, MC and co. can actually deal with them better, and even reach breakthroughs in their cultivation power.
    (In the original timeline, these great disasters had really horrible timing, happening after the more powerful leaders of the cultivation world died/ascended. In the current timeline, all those leaders of the cultivation world are still here, and they have already formed an alliance to deal with these never-ending chains of disasters lol)

2) Trying to cut Chen He off from the allies he had in his previous life, either by trying to kill those allies or tricking those allies into inadvertently harming Chen He. Unfortunately, Chen He already has Shi Feng as his greatest support. Even more unfortunately, those allies actually get pushed towards Chen He by these events, since they're suffering together and might as well join the growing alliance lol.

13. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Any funny moments between the righteous guy #5 and the mc?
    Also does the world come to know what happened in the past too? (Like it be ones a common secret) ....also what happens with the pissed off will of heavens when the mc ascends again?

lilysmith likes this.
  14. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reborn Guy #5's first meeting with MC is hilarious. After time unwound, he was just a poor wandering cultivator trying to earn a living, and just happened to run into MC on the street. He can't stop calling MC a villain, and MC has fun playing "pranks" on him (basically chasing this terrified cultivator around the city lol).
    He was hilariously astonished when he saw MC smile/laugh. And then his jaw basically dropped through the floor when he saw MC cry (at a reunion after a long separation, where MC embraced ML).

I'm still only like 2/3 of the way through the story--at this point the truth about this whole previous lives thing hasn't become public yet, though all the major members of MC/ML's alliance do know.

Miki T, MiserableSOUL, XYJ and 14 others like this.
  15. Aural4444

Aural4444 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know in which chapters there are romantic moments between the MC and the ML?
    When there is a confession or do they become a couple?
    When they kiss or have sex?
    I am trying to find it in their raws, but it is difficult because of my poor level (I am using the google translator, which confuses the name of the ML for a verb), it would help me a lot.

16. LoveYou59seconds

LoveYou59seconds Hanannananannannnannannananananannaannananana

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this with yaoi?:aww: or Shonen ai?:blobwoah:

17. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC and ML 100% are confirmed to get into a relationship, and they do indeed have some steamy scenes thanks to Dual Cultivation lol.
    I'm sorry I don't remember the exact details of their relationship development, but MC has consistently had a crush on ML. As I mentioned earlier, this novel has excellent heart-to-heart scenes where MC and ML talk over their issues <3

---------------------

I've kind of gotten stuck in the final stretch since all the Immortal Realm politics are flying over my head, but the Immortal Realm did have some absolutely wonderful scenes.

Basically, Shi Feng ascended first and then Chen He ascended later. When MC ascended, his spiritual nucleus (or whatever it's called) was badly injured and he basically lost all his memories as a result. He laid low for like several hundred years before ML found him.

While they're running from their pursuers, Chen He keeps regaining, losing, and regaining yet again certain jumbled memories. This includes a particularly tragic yet hilarious arc where he regains the memories of Li Yan Zun -- the Demonic Lord of Departing Flames that he was in his "previous life".

Li Yan Zun "wakes up" to see Shi Feng alive!!! As his Shixiong under the same master!!! Of course this is too good to be true, so he immediately thinks "I absolutely must be hallucinating, these are all my Inner Demons taking advantage of my greatest desires". He's deeply torn between his longing for all of this to be real, vs. his paranoia/rage at the thought something might be wearing Shi Feng's face.

When he finally accepts everything's real and this is the true Shi Feng, he continues pining after Shi Feng and tries to scheme about how to get Shi Feng's affection (since at this point he thinks they're only mere disciple-brothers).
    Then completely out of the blue, Shi Feng drops the enormous bombshell on him: in this world, the two of them are already together as Cultivation Partners. This is the first time Li Yan can accept that this world's Chen He is the same person as himself, because it means no matter who he is, he will always love Shi Feng <3

Li Yan is a little bit like a Tsundere to be honest... he gets flashes of Chen He's memories, including a particularly mortifying incident earlier in the novel where an inebriated Chen He made a complete mess of himself trying to get in bed with Shi Feng. Li Yan sees this and gets mad at this world's Chen He for supposedly being a useless Shidi. In addition, Li Yan gets very embarrassed after sex. But Shi Feng notices that just like this world's Chen He, Li Yan's ears will show redness from blushing even while he's speaking angrily and trying to hide his face <3

Li Yan and Shi Feng engage in dual cultivation (cough) to help heal MC's spiritual injuries. This involves a hilarious scene where MC actually gets angry at the proposal, since he wants to be with ML for reasons other than dual cultivation. Shi Feng insists they do dual cultivation otherwise MC will be hurt, and MC thinks "Okay this is 100% confirmed definitely not an Inner Demon. What kind of Inner Demon wouldn't just immediately lie down?"
    [Funnily enough, Li Yan feels a little indignation that he's not on top, though in this case Shi Feng has to be on top for their dual cultivation requirements. It's interesting to note that earlier in the novel Chen He has generally been very happy to be on the bottom, and I think he even declined one of Shi Feng's offers to switch.]

Li Yan is definitely a possessive person afraid of Shi Feng throwing him away (very understandable after everything he's gone through), and is more insecure than our Chen He. There's one time where he wakes up with Shi Feng still asleep. He contemplates whether to lock Shi Feng to him forever, but is satisfied with having faith that Shi Feng will stay by his side.

Finally, MC's spiritual injuries are found to be about healed. As his memories are about to flood back, Li Yan wants to be together with Shi Feng one last time before he "disappears". He wants it not out of Dual Cultivation or anything else, just out of love, and this time Shi Feng lets him top (Reversible CP!!!). And that's when our world's badass adorable Chen He comes back, with all his memories including Li Yan's.

18. Ressianne

Ressianne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Chen He freak when he wakes up topping him?

midnight reader likes this.
  19. Aural4444

Aural4444 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want more spoilers!
    Please!!

20. Kikoeru

Kikoeru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May I know how this novel ends? I know it's a HE, but may I know some more details?