So, why do you think is the reason to it?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Keon, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keon

Keon Legend of Xingfeng TL

Reading List:
    Link
    I have seen quite a few Chinese novels that have rape or forcefully 69. But, this is not the focus for this thread. The main focus is why do you think the authors write such?

A)The author has some inner desire or inner demons in him/her which they cannot express out in this law bounded world so the author expresses in the novel.
    B)The author is hoping for some powerfully senior or some miracle to happen and he author can have his way.
    C )Neither but rather [your reasons]

Poor_Hero likes this.
  2. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    D) rape happens whenever, however, to whomever. and in the past, rape was a standard of "strong men get what they want". so they just depict a cruel reality.

NeaxD, Eruxol, Shance and 9 others like this.
  3. Dr.Maniac

Dr.Maniac I am Death.

Reading List:
    Link
    Z) Fan sevice.

Asf likes this.
  4. Poor_Hero

Poor_Hero your hope is crushed under the flag of "REALITY"

Reading List:
    Link
    C. Just want to fulfill the readers' interest ⊙īšâŠ™

Night likes this.
  5. Baddiez

Baddiez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ummm because in the types of world it makes sense? Just thinking of how the worlds revolve around strength and although there are laws strength can "change" them it is obvious things like this would happen. The pride is strong and the sense of entitlement due to strength is even stronger so they "get" what they want by any means necessary *shrugs

6. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it sells, why change it?

7. Larkan

Larkan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if rapes sells especially poorly written rape.
    Either way , it almost feel likes its an unwritten rule, authors have to write a rape scene if its a Xianxia.
    And it has to be a in a really round about way so the mc has no blame

Poor_Hero likes this.
  8. Night

Night Immoral member

Reading List:
    Link
    C. It's a Cliche !!! ..

Poor_Hero likes this.
  9. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no I mean if it doesn't prevent selling...also it's a plot device? I mean ISSTH doesn't have rape. Xianxia MC's are alpha type people. maybe it's a dominance thing.

10. Larkan

Larkan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess the better authors don't rely on that even though WDQK had that kinda of scene and its from one of the "best" authors of China (Silkworm)
    and the cliche is that the raped girl joins the harem

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  11. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    When dealing with of strength and might, rape may be the best courting method, if you have the power to force yourself onto the woman it proves that she can get strong children from you.
    Have any of you seen how the woman act around men that are weaker than them, they are essentially ice maidens.

Asf, Poor_Hero and Crimshine like this.
  12. Atros

Atros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trouble is, a zero-rape world isn't even the world we live in now, where personal strength is almost meaningless. A world set in ancient times, with strength as the ultimate law? Inevitable. On top of that, they probably feel a rape scene is necessary just because, rape, murdering a child, these are some of the few things that people across all cultures right now feel are "wrong", and... "heavy" crimes, I suppose would be the word? On a moral level. It's a cheap, but effective, tactic to drive some real drama and the "dark" realities of a strength ruled world home. Modern society doesn't see murder as particularly dark, and it's impossible to empathize with torture without being part of it at some point. Rape can be empathized with, because it's a power crime; Everyone's been lower on the totem pole at some point, though the consequences weren't usually so drastic. Child death triggers a lot of evolution-endowed instincts of "NO NO NO" so it's pretty effective too; people are just wired to hate it, in general.

Viola likes this.
  13. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

14. Ryve16

Ryve16 Working Hard and Hardly Working

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason is because after seeing many beautiful women that they can never reach they bottle down their dark desires deep down in their hearts. And deep down they want to release the dark fetishes that have gathered in their hearts and the only way to release it is to write it down in the form of a story that can indulge in their dark fetishes. Because of those reasons Xianxia was bown!

...that or rape is a form of being in power and they do it to show that they are powerful than the victim...

...probaably the last one...

15. DarkToastie

DarkToastie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was quite heart broken when the rape scene came at WDQK... Thought that one wouldn't go astray for once, but nah.
    At least still got ISSTH, more or less

16. DavidKim

DavidKim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When the writing gets bland and your on chapter 6xx, the author tries to spice things up. Basically he ran out of ideas.

17. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    what i want to know is why all the characters think with their dick. Seriously, 70% of the fights happen over a woman, 29% over face, and 1% happens over actual justifiable reasons.
    true, but i think being able to surpress a woman and actually fucking her while doing it is a bit different right? Though i do get your logic. Ttill, they dont have to take it that far. Although with that icy-ness the women have, how would you actually get them to like you in the first place without protecting her while she is half-dead for several months inside a place with thousands of beasts waiting to kill you off?

personally i think it is because rape is something that does happen in life and the authors dont shy away from letting us know it. And in a world like that where strength rules above all, it is a lot more common. I simply dont see why EVERY male immediately goes for rape when a woman doesnt want them, or why the women are either ice queen bitches or mild as fuck (meaning they have little power AND personality and simply take whatever life throws at them) But again maybe the men dont really see any other way to continue the god damn human race's survival otherwise, since the women are so cold and shit. But c'mon. . . Woman have different personalities and thoughts, you cant have just two extremes here. Some fucking variety would go a long way. Maybe there would be less rape if it was easier to court a woman. its like a gal game where every female character's capture difficulty is set to the highest possible setting. No, maybe even beyond that!

And really, ever notice that most females are the same person repackaged? Like, zero discerning qualities to talk of.

18. MapleKaiser

MapleKaiser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just... can't like it

19. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I don't know about you but I'll be all down for fighting over a girl if I have a chance to lay it to her if I win, I mean I don't want to sound like I'm only interested in sex but if sex is a part of the winners trophy then consider me extra motivated, catch my drift?

20. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ISSTH has the parrot for rape scenes, including the Outlander beast seemingly joining a future fur/feather harem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.