Mini RPG So you found yourself transported into MediFantasy world, what knowledge can you share with them?

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Yukkuri Oniisan, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Upheaval

Upheaval Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read many novels, where the transported main character help the village to improve the wheat field output. However, should i be able to do something like that just because i read it? No. I don't think i can.
    I'm an electrical engineer, so my knowledge are some basic classic physics, some electromagnetic physics and some medium-high advanced maths. Would it help me, there? No. And i don't think i could buid a computer since i still can't do it now, so...
    If i were trasported in a new world, and somehow i would be able to communicate with the village's population, i would ask for a place to work and try to find a cute wife. I would try to live an hygienic life with the basic knowledge i possess, and if they don't already know, i would introduce the concept of "side B can get you no kids but happy times so why don't we try it, my dear?".

0000000 likes this.
  2. You

You ̨̮̱͇̹͔̮c͎̙̘̮̕h͏̗aot̼̳̣̞͞ic p̵e̥̲ŗ̰̬v̫͍͓̼̣́ert

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll gift them the wonders of proper hygene.

3. Crimson Nanashi

Crimson Nanashi Suu | Loves and protects Master

Reading List:
    Link
    i'd teach them board games, food and that sleep in THEE most important thing in the world.

btw i assume that i have infinite inventory that contains all my personal belongings right? cause i could live without my books.

4. mem

mem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How does 100 twh/year after 60 years sound?

I am also capable in mechanical engineering, gunsmithing and bladesmithing, the production of gunpowder (i'd need a lab to produce smokeless gunpowder) as well as various forms of casting, including glass and most metals

Nom de Plume and 0000000 like this.
  5. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol OP, I certainly won't be able to offer that much. @_@

Sadly I've already forgotten most of the specifics of the maths (besides, what would I teach them matrices and Fourier transformations for? It's not like I know how to apply them into everyday medieval settings), physics etc. that I've learned in college. I do have a bunch of knowledge regarding economics, but I highly doubt portfolio theory would be of much use in such a setting. All my computer skills would be useless.

The first thing I'd do is probably ask to observe the various teams at work. I found I'm quite good at organizing work and pushing things along, as well as picking up just whatever work is thrown at me (when we were setting up a new office, because we were few starting out, I had a hand in assisting half a dozen other departments). Once I've gathered enough information, I will likely be focusing on general improvements in management/governance, and implementing new techniques content in education (learning techniques such as mind-mapping, behavioral psychology so these guys won't grow up as pricks etc.).

Basically, I won't be able to suddenly bring shiny readily-applicable high-tech knowledge, but I think I can accomplish quite a bit by working progressively and keeping an eye on the actual state of things. I'll try to 'improve' people rather than things, so they can do a better job at whatever they are doing.

6. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    Why even go to another world if you life boring life with a wife.

7. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The scientific method. Take religion right out of their society and then none of this 2000-years-later-people-still-fear-homosexuals nonsense.

I would teach them the importance of data and philosophy and logic. Objective morality ftw.

Mizura likes this.
  8. Crimson Nanashi

Crimson Nanashi Suu | Loves and protects Master

Reading List:
    Link
    now the issue is that since they have magic alot of the things people are talking about would be useless to them. only games, food, agriculture tech and math would really be good things to teach them.

9. Upheaval

Upheaval Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You never know in what corner truck-kun is waiting!
    If i get some cheat power, i would use it without remorse, but with what i have now? Sorry, can't do anything :p

10. MarSprite

MarSprite <Impossible to Gauge>

Reading List:
    Link
    At the very least, the scientific method. Realistically, most of my deliberately acquired knowledge is useless in a Low/No tech civilization. The information that would actually be useful are all things I consider trivia, or things so basic that just by knowing of them they could be reproduced. Things I know that would be useful in such circumstances extend to such things as the concept of a standardised unit of measurement, screws, education/indoctrination techniques, cryptography, food preservation, pottery firing techniques, and many other random things.

Alot of rudimentary technology could be easily developed just because I know it to be possible, Like windmills- I don't know tons about windmills, but with what I know and a village of people to do my bidding, I am certain I could produce them. Other examples are printing presses, loom, thresher.

Ethical considerations about what you should teach exist. I know quite a bit that could be weaponized for instance.

I don't think I could survive in a medieval environment without such a village, but I believe most people will have more relevant information than they realize. You even explained that the other world has wheat, so it probably has alot of other life in common with earth normal.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  11. kirsshiyo

kirsshiyo °Support God°^~^

Reading List:
    Link
    just not the number one.
    don't repeat history please ghuuu!!!

12. not_here

not_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why should I share my knowledge with them? I would use the knowledge for myself so I can guarantee that I can at least eat everyday.
    Well, at most I will teach them on how to be a NEET. :ROFLMAO:

MarSprite likes this.
  13. AHKoT

AHKoT [FA sect] [2nibyou] [ReverseEpi] [Htrap]

Reading List:
    Link
    What do they use your history for anyway? Isn't it another world?

14. lichdeath

lichdeath undead meatbun ^^

Reading List:
    Link
    HRM....
    1) the classical farming methods...
    2) better food!
    3) science! chemustry physics and stuff...
    4) steam and propulsion engines...
    5) the power of elictricity!
    6) the very foundations of programming
    7) kama sutra...
    8) board games
    9) weapons of mass destruction
    10) glass! and the secret of purifying metal!
    and other stuff i havent tought about yet...

15. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Second. I die.

16. Cryarc

Cryarc 『Procrascinating Illustrator』

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL you need to read "Neechan wa Chuunibyou", there is a character in it which is described as isekai tensei otaku who learns a lot of things you mentioned exactly to prepare for when she's being thrown in another world.

17. MutsuKata

MutsuKata 『RO2's MG42 Operator』 『RS2's Loach Combat Pilot』

Reading List:
    Link
    and soda
    don't forget about soda

18. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    I will serve the kingdom and use math to interrogated spy from neighboring countries

19. cboy123

cboy123 A Very Dirty Old Man

Reading List:
    Link
    The real question here.

Will you get burn to a stake if the place (where you settle) is a religious order when you manage to violate their rules.
    Will you get divine's wrath if you brought some taboo? (Death March, people!)
    Will you be the next Galileo Galilei or die as a virgin like Newton?

Back to the main question,
    I can make shit.

20. Christian Leontsinis

Christian Leontsinis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    None you can't understand the language