Korean Solitary Path of Heaven and Earth (独步乾坤)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by ensj, May 1, 2016.

1. ensj

ensj 절세미남 샤방샤방

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Solitary Path of Heaven and Earth (独步乾坤)
    Raw Link: http://ridibooks.com/v2/Detail?id=1377001013&_s=ins&_q=%EB%8F%85%EB%B3%B4
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: It's quite an amazing wuxia that is extremely engaging and interesting to read. Also, this was the novel written by the famous Yong Daewoon, one of the most famous Korean wuxia novelists out there...
    Description:

Unveiling the mystery of true martial arts (實戰武藝)!

The true martial arts that had been passed down only to one man over the course of a thousand years, the Two Flowing Emptiness (無雙流).......
    The story of Lu Duxing (路獨行), the solitary survivor of the Lu Clan (路家殺手門)!

The reason why I had edited this work was because I did not believe this was a novel that only contained "True Martial Arts" and "Revenge".
    "True Martial Arts" are only there to spice up the novel, and "Revenge" is only the outer layer of the entire series.
    The message that I was trying to send through the novel was something completely different, and I believe this message would not be interpreted in a different way from what I had intended even after much time had passed.
    What this message is supposed to be is up to you, the readers, to find out.

------------------------------

As you can see from the poorly translated synopsis, I am currently lacking in both time and ability to be able to translate such a complicated piece of work.

Despite this, I believe that this novel deserves to be translated for all others to read. Please take note that this is a novel of great difficulty. The author is someone who puts in symbolism, and uses certain vocabulary words at times to "lead" the reader into feeling a certain feeling. The author also seems to be an extremely big fan of flowery words, which might pose to be a problem for some.

As one who reads Korean wuxias might know, wuxia novels in Korea all take place in real places, and they are also riddled with chinese characters. I do not suggest having a newbie translator looking for new work to try to translate this. This is a ridiculously hard novel.

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sounds cool. hope someone picks it up.

3. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *cough*

4. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about