Recommendations Some angsty BL

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by buttercannon, Dec 18, 2021.

1. buttercannon

buttercannon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want it as dogblood as possible without being stupidly dramatic with stupid conflict.

Deleted member 343051 and rkrk like this.
  2. Lazy Bookworm

Lazy Bookworm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. ceric_sulfate

ceric_sulfate Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn’t dog blood mean stupidly dramatic though? Desharow Merman is my favourite dog blood guilty pleasure aha

If you want dramatic without the stupid part… angst for logical, legitimate reasons. Idk there’s a fine line
    - Deep in the Act, if you can get past the non-con and gay denial… and the paywall. So much drama
    - Little Mushroom
    - Underachieving seatmate… starts off light but the main couples’ backstories come straight out of a kdrama lol
    - Flying gulls never land

plus all the xianxia/fantasy types, honestly hard to beat these in terms of how convoluted the plot is and how ML abused MC but then sacrificed himself for him and reincarnated and MC’s whole sect was wiped out and he lost his memory and blah blah blah lol
    - Heaven official’s blessing and Mo Dao Zu Shi
    - Erha
    - anything by Priest
    - honorable mention goes to Ashes of Love (not BL)

buttercannon likes this.
  4. buttercannon

buttercannon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey that's short, I like that.

I mean not being dramatic about stupid conflict lol. I generally wanted to feel sad instead of annoyed when reading angsty bl..
    Ooh I've read Little Mushroom, yup that broke me. Mdzs and tgcf also has some good angst. Guess I'll check out the others then, thanks!

ceric_sulfate likes this.
  5. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Seizing Dreams
    Silent Reading

buttercannon likes this.
  6. giyuuwu

giyuuwu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Death Progress Bar Transmigration - one of my personal favs right up there with MoDaoZuShi and Little Mushroom; the angst isn't in open conflicts and confrontations but more underlying, slithering underneath the surface. the character growth for all characters is so so good, the arcs have so much variety, and overall its a very very well executed novel
    Rebirth of a Cannon Fodder from a Novel kkinnnnnddd of very toe-ing the line of stupid conflict but the MC and ML chemistry made it a good read
    Bursting After He Transmigrated into the Cannon Fodder Omega ABO mecha - the climax moment was IT for me; made the whole novel. MC's family are big OOFs but overall it was kind of rooted in reality-ish on its themes (MC is OP-ish becomes evident as we go, kind of unbelievable but meh the climax was way too awesome ahhahdj)
    The Only Favorite Ugly Husband set in old time setting, mud houses, villagers etc. MC (post-transmigration) is so awesome and hilarious I love his go-getter attitude hahahah he takes no shits from anyone anymore. ML is the sweetest most adorable man ever. the way they tackle MC's family and other eww villagers is so AHAHHSHBSHS