Some anime’s could be way better

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by RabdomPersona, Feb 28, 2021.

1. RabdomPersona

RabdomPersona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a feeling that some anime’s would become more popular and fun to watch if they didn’t add in weird out of place sexual scenes.

For example I’m trying to watch an anime I read the manga of and man, if it didn’t have so many weird scenes I would recommend it to friends. The plot is fairly decent, people get transported to a world where they are stuck on high rise buildings and are basically getting hunted by masked individuals, and I think it’d be a cool thriller anime to suggest to friends but then there’s random panty shots of the main character out of nowhere and they make her fall in unrealistic suggestive ways. Man, it just makes me uncomfortable and begs the question as to why that had to be put in.

It would work perfectly fine if they focused on the thriller part of the anime and the plot. There was no need for the awkward scenes that just totally ruin the vibe. For example the girl is getting chased by a man with a sword and she falls, allowing him to gain on her and put a sword to her throat and then boom, you’re in a shot made just to look up her skirt. Like please I’m trying to focus on what she’ll do to get out of the situation, not trying to get a peek at her underwear.

Anyway that’s just a pet peeve of mine and I’m sure there are a bunch of other anime’s like that sadly. Does anyone else agree with this?

Hamski and Marie606 like this.
  2. Kledor

Kledor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I mean I'm cool with romance but random perversion can be kinda annoying. Don't mind it in like a fanservice episode tho

RabdomPersona and Marie606 like this.
  3. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    high rise invasion?

RabdomPersona likes this.
  4. Marie606

Marie606 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I agree with you soooo much. I love anime, but some of my friends think it’s weird, all the strange, forces fan service scenes really don’t help me trying to explain how good the plot is. Plus, my kid niece started to watch anime with me and I always have be on the lookout for strange scenes so as not to burn her eyes. I really want to show a few to my parents but I always have to watch them through or check the ratings if I want to tell my parents about them.

5. RabdomPersona

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, if it’s romance go all for it and if it’s a special episode then that’s fine but man they can become out of place when the anime is trying to make the plot tense lmao

6. RabdomPersona

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep

7. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't say I have the same problem since the only "anime" I watch nowadays (that too after a 10 year break from said media) is Pui Pui Molcar and I can't see how it could possibly get any better than it already is. :blobmelt:

This is not an advertisement. :blobwhistle:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  8. RabdomPersona

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve been trying to get my cousin to watch anime and he thinks it was weird until I put on A Promised Neverland but now I’m trying to find other shows that are thriller like but without the weird scenes so I get your struggle ;-;

Marie606 likes this.
  9. Hamski

Hamski Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know mangakas are stuck in this awkward situation because of ratings systems. If your story doesn't have a good rating on every single release you could get cut so they toss in fan service in the more boring sections of the story.

That being said, I don't really see an excuse for anime. Perhaps they think regular viewers typically only feel mild annoyance with needless fan service so they can bring on the certified lewd lords that would not have otherwise watched the show at low costs. Still, I think they might be a bit shortsighted and losing more than they are gaining here so maybe they are just trying to spice up what they know is mediocre at best.

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    if only hentai get longer duration or more episodes.....
    this cat understand hentai kinda "hard" to sell, even "hentai games" on steam kinda on turn about way to pass~
    oh yes this cat mostly watch hentai genre cuz other anime genre not so interesting, maybe some comedy or drama but on general nah~

anyway most anime sold only for JP domestic market while some "smuggled" to outside, while its true international market get more hmm face? interest? recognition from anime production company recently so pop up on international medium such as Netflix and other, seem not much but with current covid condition that force visual media entertainment to wreck their brain for income maybe it will change~

11. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always thought Hentai was sexist. I mean, Hen-tai? What about the males? Where is the gender equality of Roostertai?

asriu likes this.
  12. SwordDrake

SwordDrake Slice of Life Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why I read the novels more than I watch anime, it's less of a brain fryer when you encounter unnecessary lewd scenes.

If I have kids I'm gonna make sure they read a lot.

Marie606, RabdomPersona and otaku31 like this.
  13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    there are hentai for bl section albeit nah rarely translated
    btw isn't it more appropriate to call it cock-tai tho?
    rooster is more like malenes retard agenda about all male chick should be rooster which can only cuck a dudle do in morning, those lazy chick... cock on other hand is fighter deadly one hence you get cockpit so if ya wanna fight hentai term better use cocktai.... although this cat think dont put all your egg on one basket tho cuz it may turn into count your chick before it hatch which may lead to chick lost it hen~