Discussion Some questions regarding war

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by NekoMK2, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    So I aim this question to people who had experience a war (kinda doubt it) or had experience military or still in military
    In rokujouma vol 13 there some scenes that make me frown
    the soldiers hit/kick the already powerless girls and kids
    Well I will not questions this if there still in battle/war situation but those girls already harmless and some of them unconsciousness, even there a feeling want to take revenge aren't there already beating them to become harmless? More over some of them already got hit nearly killed if not get fast treatment. In my point of view weren't they already become POW so is this alright to hit them ?

Pst. I will not care answer with line of think like xianxia jungle law strong eat weak here
    Pst. Expect serious answer
    Pst. I didn't read JSDF LN since kinda complicated when reading that
    Pst. some pointer
    1. first what i ask not have something to do with those law of jungle more over xianxia people way of think
    2.secondly what i ask is aftermath the war & soldier behavior in there not how they act in Battlefield,
    3.third i am not naive enough not to kill woman, eldery, or child in battlefield when they aim gun to my head after all in battlefield there only 3 choice
    -Kill for your life
    -die a dog death
    -cast aside your pride and surrender

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  2. Aszure

Aszure #^#^

Reading List:
    Link
    Same with Oscar Grant execution, it was "not intentional". Military and police are sometimes as corrupt as the mafia

3. Justaloser

Justaloser 【Professional Loser】

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no experience in war nor am I involved with the military in any way but there are numerous instances where the soldiers have committed war crimes, raped and plundered during War. Starting from early periods during the viking and Gengis Khan to the Nazis and the vietnamese war, there are even reports of violation of human rights by UN peacekeepers in Sudan happening even in the current modern civilized world.
    I don't know why they do it though.

4. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    Human rights/ and war ethics were not particularly applied in wars before the world war the recent ones and even then there are people who violet this code of ethics.. Spoken from a historical view not experience~~

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I experienced riot a public disorder from what I see and feel......
    people tend to become crazy human right is almost zero~ all madness, hatred poured without control since then what I hate most from war is war can create people who think war is paradise not hell
    19651.png

BlackKnightGodzilla likes this.
  6. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    historically rape and pilage come as benefits of war, as in you motivate soldier and mercenary with "we gonna attack and you can pilage and rape all you want"
    Nowaday such pratice are frown upon but it is a highly stress job and people have to unwind so sometime that happen (most just go to a bordel)

7. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    French peacekeepers sexually abused children in Central African Republic - Dec 17, 2015
    UN finds more cases of child abuse by European troops in Central African Republic - Jan 29, 2016
    UN peacekeepers accused of raping civilians - April 6, 2016

Well it's not kicking but should be worst right?

8. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Put a lot of people in stressful situation and sanity starts to wane, surround them with devastation, and just a little more chaos seems okay to them. Watch footage of any major riot to see this in effect, as law abiding citizens destroy their own neighborhoods, and loot and pillage.

9. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Kicking helpless girls is still fine compared to when innocents are killed in the name of justice. See the drone attacks as an example where so many innocents die just to kill one bad guy.

Or when government/military frame an innocent guy in order to hide their own incompetence... the family of innocent are marked forever and everyone looks down on them.

I remember a case in India where some bastards raped the daughters and wife of an accused in the name of justice. Later on it was proved that guy was innocent but sadly his family committed suicide by the time he got justice (it took 10-12 years).

10. Edonis

Edonis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, you're treading some dangerous ground here but...
    In most cases things like that don't happen without a reason. It's true by the Geneva convention, that soldiers aren't supposed to assault or harm civilians and all. But think of a scenario when your unit or squad is patrolling through enemy territory and a women or child goes near your unit and...boom. You just lost a part of your squad. The survivors would be less inclined to follow rules and would view actual innocents as targets.

In the end the author of your novel is trying to portray the soldiers as bad guys for story purposes, you won't feel bad when the mc or "justice" kills them off later. Then again in the past razing an entire town/city was just a other part of war. So it does depend on what era your novel is set at.

11. Adastria Lillith

Adastria Lillith [Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus]

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically soldiers are humans too. Not rarely we hear about heroic deeds done by soldiers and on the other hand we too often hear about uncivilized, disgraceful act of some soldiers too (like raping, murdering and stuff). But ultimately its individual decision to act honorably or become less human. Well, the commanders also play great part in how the soldiers act too.

NekoMK2 likes this.
  12. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    war makes monsters of the best of men. it's just how things are. When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.

NekoMK2 likes this.
  13. NekoMK2

Reading List:
    Link
    Not like that, I already said it was fine when they still in war situation even I am not naive enough not to kill little girl with gun aimed at me in battlefield, my problem is the girls already lost the war and become harmless/striped their weapon even they to have casualties even at first they have advantage due terrarin but those soldiers vent up they resentment by kicking the unconscious girl this my problem lies

14. NekoMK2

Reading List:
    Link
    Uuh well that have they own problem to, killing some for greater good I can't agree to this like I can't understand why there's people who doing self sacrifice

15. Adastria Lillith

Adastria Lillith [Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, but ironically, our technology advanced greatly thanks to war too. #sigh

16. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    Imma quote fall out here cause it seems to be in the mood of things...

War, war never changes....

17. Renmaster

Renmaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think it's somewhat wrong, but i cant blame those in warzone, always walk with their life on line, shouldnt judge if you never been in warzone before, at least as long as it's not mass genocide , it's pardonable i think. Most of us live in peaceful place, and forcing our way of thinking into something that happen in warzone , that's certainly not ideal.

18. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In world war 2, jpanese soldier catch all the native women and use them as lust unit release, not to mention torturing the local, and most soldier if iam not mistaken also allowed prostitution into camp, basically most of them dont have any ethic of war at all until they sign human right treaties , but most of them also will break any treaties for example israel soldier

19. Edonis

Edonis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i see where you're getting at now. Then I'd have to say the soldiers were venting their frustrations. Hmmm after fighting a war there is obviously going to be casualties. Those soldiers ate together, bled together, cried together...they form a bond, a brotherhood almost, so when you see your brothers die right next to you, no matter if the war is over the people who fought will still have grudges. I'm not saying it's right but would you be able to stop when your family's murderer is right in front of you?
    Not trying to put you in the spot mate. I'm just saying, the soldiers are human too, they were probably drafted or forced to fight in a war they didn't want to fight. Now your novel might be different where the soldiers were domineering conquistadors but they too are human good or bad. In the end they believe what they are doing right. For themselves or the country.

I'm not sure if that answers your questions, but feel free to ask more if I didn't clarify anything.

20. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the "common sense".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.