Discussion Some questions regarding war

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by NekoMK2, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    fd45d448b78f9970abd25e31215934f3.jpg you might love to fight the real muslim. Rather than someone who claim to war using islam name, a true muslim even goes to war while fasting, done 5 times prayer a day together, no alcohol, no sex release unit, this is in history but you never learn them in history because the world keep it as secret or give you more lied about islam

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    asriu likes this.
  2. Edonis

Edonis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also let me add, just because people are venting their frustrations doesn't mean it's right. But non the less, things like what you described will happen.

Also as I said earlier, take account the era the war is in, after all their right and wrongs might be different from our era's rights and wrongs.

Edit: on a semi-lighter note, the author of that novel is probably Japanese, so whatever knowledge that person has of war is in the history books/ "research" online/ or hearsay. The Japanese don't even have a real military. (They technically do)

3. questmas

questmas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is more of a psychological/sociological instinct rather than any logical reasoning.
    Eg. Us vs them mentality, power trips, long duration of sexual denial, the very violent mentality of the battlefield, the rush of adrenaline that befuddles the mind and gives way to instinct.

War brings out the basest part of humanity where all the logic and reason that we are so proud of as species disappears. You disdain the xianxia concept of "Law of the jungle", but that is exactly what war is like and even more so than that. An air strike won't care about how wrong violence is. A grenade won't care about your hopes and dreams. The enemy on the other side of the field won't care that you have a family waiting for you at home. In such an environment where instincts are the only things saving you from death, how can one have a respect for the rule or law and ethics?

4. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    the war in nowadays era (intergalactic thought, the soldier that its) well yeah i kinda understand about how how you can surpass the bottled up felling knowing some that close to you fallen and the one responsible is in the front you, actually the author give supplement explanation about how those soldier act like that from how they talk. but still even i am not feminist treated girls and kids like that kinda irk me
    well battlefield is different question thought

5. Eternal Liar

Eternal Liar [Forever Alone Sect Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    They sound like saints to me

6. NekoMK2

Reading List:
    Link
    i actually don't really want to respon to this but i will clarify why i disregad those law of jungle
    1. first what i ask not have something to do with those law of jungle more over xianxia people way of think
    2.secondly what i ask is aftermath the war & soldier behavior in there not how they act in Battlefield,
    3.third i am not naive enough not to kill woman, eldery, or child in battlefield when they aim gun to my head after all in battlefield there only 3 choice
    -Kill for your life
    -die a dog death
    -cast aside your pride and surrender

7. NekoMK2

Reading List:
    Link
    i actually don't really want to respon to this but i will clarify why i disregad those law of jungle
    1. first what i ask not have something to do with those law of jungle more over xianxia people way of think
    2.secondly what i ask is aftermath the war & soldier behavior in there not how they act in Battlefield,
    3.third i am not naive enough not to kill woman, eldery, or child in battlefield when they aim gun to my head after all in battlefield there only 3 choice
    -Kill for your life
    -die a dog death
    -cast aside your pride and surrender

8. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It all in quran you can find it yourself, for your information there are no word of sword that use in it, not even 1

9. Edonis

Edonis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm in the end, everyone reacts to war differently it's not a simple black and white, but remember not every soldier does those type of things. We all make our own choices.

I mean look at me I'm in the infantry and I haven't beaten any women or children. *knocks on wood*

NekoMK2 likes this.
  10. NekoMK2

Reading List:
    Link
    ahahahaha that was the reason why i make this thread, at last i want to believe at the being called human little (what bullshit i am say when i am unable to belive at my self)

11. Edonis

Edonis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are amiable people everywhere, you just need to find the right places. If you look at online communities[gaming/anime/etc.] there tends to be more negative participants. Especially looking at news cast where most of their programs cover the things that make you doubt there is a shred of respect in humanity, like killing, robberies, bombings, people suing each other.

Just need to find the right community and you'll see a brighter tomorrow.

NUF is actually not bad compared other communities I've seen. Then again I only click on topics if I see it on the new topics on the front screen.

Also note there are trolls no matter where you go.

12. questmas

questmas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My point is "law of the jungle" is not so far removed as you might think. In a high stress situation where you might be killed at any moment, you either let your instincts take over or you waste time thinking and get blown to bits. As people do this more and more, eventually they get used to it and just stop thinking.

Or maybe their beliefs change because of the experience and their belief in the rule of law is lost(no rule of law = "law of the jungle"). When you might die any day, you tend to not think about the long-term consequences of your actions. What's there to fear when you accept that you might die at any time?

In a foreign environment, (I assume invading army because why would there be women and children from the enemy's side in a defensive battle) anyone can be an enemy. They could be hiding a bomb underneath their clothes or they could be about to stab you as you approach. This "maybe they're an enemy" could be reinforced to "they're an enemy".

And then there's the us vs them mentality. "These people are part of the enemy, then why would I be nice to them." Perhaps you are a saint so you are always nice to your enemies, but you should be able to see how people enjoy seeing their enemies in pain.

There's also bound to be a bad apple or two in the group. Now you have people thinking "theyre doing it, so its probably fine".

You've heard the expression "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely". The zimbardo prison experiment shows how normal people can become violent and abusive when placed in a position of power.

People are different, maybe none of the above will occur for some people. But I'm just pointing out some logical paths of how an average soldier might turn into someone who attacks civilians. I'm not saying what the soldiers are doing is right (that's an entirely different matter altogether), but I'm saying that such a situation is entirely possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.