Other Request Someone who can help with making my Web Blog for Novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by pmrodrig, Mar 17, 2019.

1. pmrodrig

pmrodrig Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please inquire here if you or someone you know can assist me in creating a website/blog for my light novel "Global Divide" I would be hiring said services of course, so if you do this as a living or plainly have a lot of experience in developing websites, please contact me via message or email: [email protected]

Thanks
    Peter

2. SilvaLau

SilvaLau Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not consider joining other group instead? I'm sure there are plenty of groups out there accepting new translators /authors.

And if that's not your piece of cake, do you actually plan to start a self hosting site for a new novel? You know there are plenty of free Web blog out there you could use, like WordPress or blogspot.

Unless you already have a decent amount of followers and is already making a killing starting solo isn't really a great idea. That's just my two cents

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Felix likes this.
  3. pmrodrig

pmrodrig Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, I am definitely aware of that but in my situation time is the biggest issue. I would probably be better off having someone with the proper skills, develop and create the site and I would then manage it with daily updates and such. Thanks for the info tho, I appreciate it.

4. SilvaLau

SilvaLau Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If time is your biggest issue, wouldn't you say creating a WordPress blog or joining another group be a faster solution than waiting for a web developer to magically pop-up? You don't really need any technical skills to run a WordPress blog and there isn't really a need to maintain it.

Trust me, you don't need to pay for server upkeep or web developer to run a site on WordPress. it's completely free-of-charge and maintenance free. And in all honesty, unless you go big with your novel, I doubt you'd actually need a dedicated server.