Recommendations Something Interesting, Part 2

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Danthefanokaku, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Danthefanokaku

Danthefanokaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so the last time I made a post like this I got a bunch of people recommending me different novels, and a good portion of them I loved to bits and pieces.
    The Destruction of a Triad Boss? Loved it, wow just hilarious.
    The Girl Who Ate a Death God? Holy hamburgers Batman, what a splendid novel! The Death Mage Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time? What have I possibly been doing with my life before this book? Obviously nothing.
    Everyone Else is a Returnee? Clearly I’m an idiot if I missed out on reading this fantastical series that I love like a heroin addict loves heroin. I’m an addict to the series.
    The Magus of Genisis? I cried tears irl at some scenes.

So here’s what I’m after, something interesting. If people want me to post my reading list then I will. Thank you everyone!

2. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    EER?
    Just read the rest of toika works

3. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BLASPHEMY ! YOU DIDNT READ Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear ! It's a always-good-ending story with a OP girl MC and later on she re-creates some food of our world.

Danthefanokaku, Gitami and Kirikaize like this.
  4. Zethuron

Zethuron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ill try to recommend some novels.
    Semi Datte Tensei Sureba Ryuu Ni Naru : the comedy at the start, the feels in the end.......
    The Amber Sword
    The Probability I Can Kill My Wife Without Being Found Out and A Game To Make Him Fall : i felt it all at the end.
    Half Prince : if you start reading this, you are in for a weird adventure.

Novels you should already start reading if you havent (they are on your list)
    The Tutorial Is Too Hard
    The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich : rough start, improves a lot after a few dozen chapters and is my personal favorite NU novel.
    Katahane no Riku
    Praise the Orc!

Danthefanokaku and Gitami like this.
  5. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I also recommend The Probability I Can Kill My Wife Without Being Found Out and A Game To Make Him Fall.
    But for me i would preferred more even though surely most and a part of me consider it as perfect.
    Also no horror / tragedy tag so read it without being scarred. Sorry if i spoiled you.

What you can do next is read Binary Soul and Lily Ex-Machina on RRL. Both are yuri masterpieces that are completed.
    You can next check out the yuri tag + dynasty reader website for yuri doujins.

Danthefanokaku likes this.
  6. Danthefanokaku

Danthefanokaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But are they any good? And/or completed? That’s the real question here.
    Actually I have and I freaking love it to bits and pieces. If you have any suggestions for series like it I’ll take them as I love Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear!!

Okay awesome!! I’ll definitely go check those ones out, as I think my biggest problem is that I’ve made my list(s) too large so it’s hard finding a series to read. I’ll definitely first check out Crazy Lich though since it sounds super interesting! Thank you for your suggestions!!
    I know someone right above also recommended those two novels (albeit they’re one chapter each, so not much there), but it looks like one of those series that makes you contemplate jumping off your local bridge. Like Your Lie in April. I’ll definitely dip my toe into those two chapters, but I may end of fly off to neverland if they’re too heartbreaking. What is Binary Soul and Lily Ex-Machina about? I’m down for some yuri from time to time.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  7. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for late reply. Unless you have already read them or read their summary here it is :
    The Probability I Can Kill My Wife Without Being Found Out and A Game To Make Him Fall. The romance is quite low but good plot and like I said no tragedy/horror so read it happily minus the huge plot twist and it is a good ending.

Binary Soul: In a city where anything happens like the attack of a reviving necromancer or giant rats or even living piece of furnitures lives our powerful MC girl that often get into troubles like scratching too much behind the ears of the beatsmen or beating some drunkards that touched her ass or breasts. Luckily with some jail or some fine she is always released as she is a good girl. But she is so often caught that the guards or mayor decided to create a full code list for all the kind of infractions she does/repeat (sorry for the spoiler). One day, a star (looks like) crash into the forest. She will find in there a lover that is in fact herself but in another world (selfcest).

Lily Ex-machina: A girl machinist that is paragon (a classification of power user = max) with her power of control (of stuff she touches but considered quite useless), dreams to become popular with her work. One day she decides with her childhoodfriend and the group of mercenaries/adventurers she works with to go to the last lvl discovered in the labyrinth/dungeon that the city manages to find new metals to become popular with the discovery. But in there she will wakes up something terrific. And also discover a robot that will becomes her lover.

For BS, the biggest positive point of it is the fact that nothing bad happens (at least to the MC and lover) so go read it with a happy heart and expect lots LOTS of comedy. Caution, one omake chapter that is linked in Author Notes of one chapter is quite sad contrary to the novel but not that sad (try to read the end like me if you hate it). It's a "What if" chapter. Also they have sex but written but said they did. In the omake book (Lips service) it contains 2 chapters that have the full sex scenes of the yuri.
    For LEM, there is quite drama. And I didn't finish to read it. But i loved it and consider it a masterpiece like BS. Also sex (not fully written but yes). Sorry for spoiling you i couldn't contain myself.
    First, when she comes back her parents will be dead and that is disappointing because no reunion / no discovery that their daugher is alive.
    Second, they live (MC + comrades) happily at near half or maybe 3/4 of the novel but novel say that that was the happiest moment of her life, even more then the accumulation of the rest of her life. Meaning that this peace will not stay. I expect one of the girls to die.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018