Recommendations Something Like History's Strongest Senior Brother

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by sinyueliang, Aug 13, 2016.

1. sinyueliang

sinyueliang 『World Traveller』『Demon Slayer』『Hinokami』

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished reading it. I want moar *sob* But I'll have to endure. Until then, I wanna read something similar - in any aspect really, be it the way it mocks cliche novels, the personality of the MC, blah blah blah. Please recommend me something on the same level of awesomeness as Senior Brother Yan...! I'm open to JP and KR novels as well as long as it can soothe my parched soul *^*

My reading list is here.

Ah, side note, I've dropped HN1F - I'm considering re-reading it but I'm not too sure...

2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    sinyueliang likes this.
  3. awesomedude2215

awesomedude2215 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait you finished reading the raws or the translation?

4. Cfourify

Cfourify Undercover FBI agent

Reading List:
    Link
    History's strongest deciple and history's number 1 founder

5. HoneyKiss

HoneyKiss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm... The Breaker series??

Drake98 and sinyueliang like this.
  6. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should get past chapter 1 in Emperor's Domination. It's similar to history's senior brother, but instead of being a warrior who lived in a rich city and had good information in his past life, it's literally a crow "god" who raised immortal emperor's all over the place and knows the grandest secrets of the world of the past couple million years. So basically a super OP version of senior brother.

7. onehitnokill

onehitnokill [Greater Derp Assasin] [-1000 Kills]

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp I haven't read history's strongest senior brother, looking at your reading list otherwordly evil monarch and martial world are pretty good. However if you are looking for something that mocks cliche novels I suppose My Disciple Died Yet Again is pretty good in that aspect, it also has an ample amount of chapters too so i recommend checking that out

chencking and Drake98 like this.
  8. Ninth Mountain

Ninth Mountain Bezgranichnyy

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't seen any updates of HSSB. So sad :(

9. kainee

kainee 「Lazy Lurker」【Overlord of Slumber】

Reading List:
    Link
  10. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Emperor's Domination is nothing like History's Strongest Senior Brother. While I read and enjoy both, HSSB mocks the cliches and MC plot armor. Emperor's Domination is all plot armor.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser [Roll Immortal] [Non-German Kaiser]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't wholly agree with that. ED's MC has the stranght of million jin(?). But yea, there similar and not. But its a good read so you should get past chapter one.

12. sinyueliang

Reading List:
    Link
    Running Away From The Hero is sooooo amazing <3 Invisible Dragon is questionable... I'll check out the others XD
    The translation. Unfortunately, I'd have to suffer through some mix of text to voice and MTL to read the raws, which I discover, is not a very great way to read.
    Is History's Strongest Disciple translated? Because I don't see it on NU.
    I've read the Manhwa...? If that's anything. I dropped New Waves though.
    I've read some chapters but ended up dropping it. Idky. It was good while I was reading it, but I tend to inexplicably drop things a lot. But I guess now it means I can binge read it?!
    I'll check it out, thanks :3
    *sob* I know right Q-Q
    I came across a part where I was like nope, nope, nope! I can't take this high tension! When I tend to come across such a situation, I end up dropping it, even if I think it's good... Am I weird? It's like when you read a romance, and it gets so sickly sweet embarrassing that you can't read it anymore! Even if it's good! In that case, I think it was, I felt so nervous for the MC I couldn't stand it and didn't want to read further?
    So true *nods seriously* but at the same time I'd say it was pretty hilarious while I was reading it. But I only got as far as like, chapter 14 or something.

BlackBlade likes this.
  13. Kaiser

Kaiser [Roll Immortal] [Non-German Kaiser]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't wholly agree with that. ED's MC has the strength of million jin(?). But yea, there similar and not. But its a good read so you should get past chapter one.

14. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Wo Jia Dashi Xiong Naozi You Keng

I only read the manhua though. Btw it's a almost-BL novel/manhua

sinyueliang likes this.
  15. sinyueliang

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the manhua <3 <3 <3 kek, the MC is so cute

sufod01 likes this.
  16. sleepyleaf

sleepyleaf [A Leaf In The Well][Leaf of Faith]

Reading List:
    Link
  17. sinyueliang

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been meaning to read it but put it off (like several tens of hundreds of other novels... o3o) but I'll check it out, thanks >w<

18. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't even know what plot armor is.. I made a post about this very topic in a different thread.

"Plot Armor (also known as Magic Bullet Shield, as seen in map scripts) is an informal term referring to a character's unusual ability to survive infinite damage, due to their importance to the story." Someone uses their abilities to survive an attack in a realistic way, that's not plot armor that's just a fight! Someone keeps getting their heart, liver, brain, blood vessels, etc exploded and just keeps getting up FOR NO REASONABLE EXPLANATION that is plot armor. Sort of like how Naruto just keeps getting beaten down repeatedly, but torn ligaments, tendons, and internal organs can't stop his will power! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) . This is sort of the plot of that one novel, undefeated war god.

MC is about to die, but a random expert or item comes out of nowhere to save the day? That's a deus ex machina, not really plot armor. Still bad writing, unless it is properly explained/hinted at.

MC takes two steps and mystical items rarer than a pheonix are falling into his lap constantly? That's just bad writing, not plot armor. Unless it is a second chance novel, where the MC has future knowledge of where all this great stuff will end up, then it's explainable and only makes sense that he'd go for them.

MC has an ability or power you think is OP? Their past life you think is too OP? Too bad, that's called the premise of the story. If you don't like the whole idea of the story, why are you reading? That's like complaining that one punch man can one punch things :rolleyes:.

19. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
  20. kainee

kainee 「Lazy Lurker」【Overlord of Slumber】

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL, then you might be better off letting the chapters accrue so you can binge read to get yourself past the cliffhangers and tension spots. But I think you should try reading HN1F again since it pretty much is the only other xianxia parody novel that fits everything that you're looking for.