Recommendations Something similar to Reverend Insanity

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by 0infinit, Jun 8, 2019.

1. 0infinit

0infinit Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to read something similar to Reverend Insanity, a cultivation story that is not only about killing young masters and their ancestors, neither one in which the "FL" is just a doll with no emotions borned with the only purpose in life of serving the MC even if he kills her family or sect, or in which the side characters are just brainless stepping stone for the MC to "grow", and finally ( and what I am more tired of) a story in which the MC really face difficulties and in which the golden halo don't reign supreme above the heavens and a story that really makes you think ' wow, I didn't expect it' rather than 'o boy, here we go again'

Note: try to recommend me some novels that are not that well known in the community or that are known but in the bad way by our fellow daoists (including myself...)
    Thanks for your time

Zeusomega likes this.
  2. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Ksiti

Ksiti Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Forty millenium of cultivation. World of Cultivation. I shall seal the heaven.
    They are thee excellent cultivation novel I have read so far. No brainless harem shit, MC with a patern of reaction quite normal and side kicks quite good.

4. 1st Tribulation

1st Tribulation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Death sutra.

5. Rou

Rou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Djoty

Djoty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Deleted member 89812

Deleted member 89812 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Eternal, It's a choose your own adventure story with you playing as the male protagonist. There's three main paths for your character to take, with one of them leading you on a quest of full on world domination. It can get very dark, with you eventually
    having to exterminate an entire race of beings and then having to gather all the souls that you and the force that you're apart of killed, enslaved, and also maimed to an extermination camp where their souls are being tortured and then subsequently blotted out from existence forever (that's not even the most vile thing your protag will even do though)
    I don't know everything this story has to offer because I only played one path. The site is http://chooseyourstory.com/story/eternal

Also some good stories
    Death's Door (webnovel.com)
    Steampunk Apocalypse (webnovel.com)
    The Dark King (webnovel.com)
    Vampire Primogenitor in Tokyo Ghoul Universe (webnovel.com)
    All of Sir Lucifer Morningstar's fanfics (fanfiction.net)
    Any Means Necessary (fanfiction.net)
    Apotheosis (fanfiction.net)
    Rotted Rowan (female MC, but none of the BS that comes with them) (fanfiction.net)
    Silly Songbird (fanfiction.net)
    Another Form of Power (fanfiction.net)
    Sacrifice and Subjugation (fanfiction.net)
    The Child of Ebon (royalroad.com)
    Super Minion (royalroad.com)

All stories listed here has a decent level of quality, and all have evil (or at least anti-hero) MC's. Please tell me if you like them or not. Enjoy:):)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2019
    Zeusomega likes this.
  8. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link