Recommendations Something that catches my interest

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Danthefanokaku, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Danthefanokaku

Danthefanokaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so I've read a good number of light and web novels by now, and I've found what I like and what I don't like. But I've reached a problem in my novel reading life, and that is I'm having trouble finding something that I love. Let me explain a bit more, I've run into a fair number of novels where I simply can't put them down for the life of me. Chores? Nope, can't stop reading. Homework? That can be done later so nope, not going to stop. General things that I need to do? Nah, I've got a good book. I just had this sort of experience with "Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear" where I just couldn't put it down. But now I'm up to the current release, so I'm a bit screwed. So I decided to come here in the hopes that someone would go "Dude, check out this series it's really hooking and interesting!".
    I just have such a problem with reading a novel and it not catching my interest because I've already read the manga of that series, like with "Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?". I've read the manga to the latest release, but that's about 100 or so chapters into the web novel. The novel just isn't catching my interest because the translation sometimes gets a bit... rough. Sure, it's readable, but a good analogy is that even though grass is digestible, that doesn't mean I want to run around eating grass (in small quantities). I can power through it, sure, but who wants to force themselves to read a book? And there's plenty of other options out there for me to read, so I find it really difficult to go back to read through "Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?" even though I'm only on chapter fourteen.
    Got a bit sidetracked there, but anyway I'm looking for a novel series that's rather interesting and quote on quote "hooking". Here's a list of things that I've read that I really loved (there's some trash in there mind you, but if it's there then I really just loved to read it, it being actually good is up for debate as sometimes I just want to read something that can make me laugh).
    Here's the link for what I've read: As you can see, I somewhat have a genre I stick too, but I'm down for anything so long as it's interesting (and is readable, I can't stress that enough. There's some translators out there that could really use some more help). Thank you everyone for your help on this matter!

2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Well of course. In the end, we all will delve into any one time of novels more than the other!! Where do you think individual tasted matter?

We just got to power through the period...and if you cannot, then you better write that story that you love and want to read but can't find.

3. rezasinatrya

rezasinatrya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You definitely had a japanese passion, I see, you can try, The Destruction of a Triad Boss

Danthefanokaku, otaku31 and Bad Storm like this.
  4. Danthefanokaku

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, you raise a great point. What's your favorite series that you've read? Do you have any novels that you'd re-read all over again just for fun?

Haha, yeah I definitely have that burning Japanese passion for truck-kun. Oh awesome, it looks great albeit a bit short at five chapters, but it definitely looks like it's worth it!

5. LOTRfreak101

LOTRfreak101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I said make my abilities average. the tl is decent, but like kumo desu ga there are rough parts every now and then. Also check out the other stories tl'd on the site since they are similar. I just caught up on Kenshi mahou which was pretty good and had good quality tl. due note that paichun did drop it, but it has an active manga so someone might pick it up again. idk whether you've actually caught up on the novels in your to read section, but there are tons in there that I would recommend if you haven't.

6. Neko

Neko (=^・ ω ・^=) ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm seems like you mostly read isekai with some slice of life so maybe
    Maid Will Go Through Thick and Thin!
    World Teacher (harem)
    Death March (harem)
    Kino no Tabi
    I'm not too fond of harem so I've dropped some of these, but they seem to be similar to what you read?

Danthefanokaku likes this.
  7. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually just go through the reading list of whoever has it public if I'm looking for something. You have some good taste my friend.

In terms of what I've re read, I've read Death March about 5 times now.

8. rotweissewaffel

rotweissewaffel Adept Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    The white cat that swore vengeance was just lazing on the dragonkings lap

The laid back life in another world of the ex-hero candidate

Fantasia on RRL

9. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
  10. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    otaku31 likes this.
  11. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Danthefanokaku and Gredar like this.
  12. Zethuron

Zethuron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Danthefanokaku and Gredar like this.
  13. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    While I also believe this novel is great and should be checked out, I also think it needs to be pointed out that it is not a light, fluffy-type novel like the given Kuma and Kumo examples. "The Tutorial Is Too Hard" is loaded with psychological situations and the MC undergoes deep introspection through out. It's a heavy death game novel.

14. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Reread? None. Other than Fapping material...

otaku31 likes this.
  15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link

Yet another Dao-ist wannabe apprentice...:p

16. Bakanogami

Bakanogami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing has hooked me anywhere near as much as Ascendance of a Bookworm. When I first read it, I dropped everything else for three weeks until I finished, and once I finished I immediately went back and read through it again.

However, I'm a raw reader and it only went from good to amazing at the end of part 2. The translations just finished part 1, so there's a way to go to get there. It's still good and I'd recommend it, though!

17. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Wannabe apprentice?? The younger generation kids these days...tsts.

Kneel before your ancestor, you fool!! I am the creator of the ero Dao!!

18. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Chunni indicator popped...

19. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo @elengee help me out here!!

20. Danthefanokaku

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow there have been a ton of replies here! Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I now have a whole new list to go through! Thank you so much!

For the list I posted in my main post, I've read through all of them up until the most recent release. Kenshi Mahou looks pretty good, although I really hope that it gets picked back up sometime soon!

I'm not a huge fan of harems either as they usually contain a dense protagonist, but they're worth a checking out, so thanks!

Oh dang then, I guess I better go read Death March. Wait, how do you go through other people's reading lists? Can you really just browse their lists like one would browse chips at the grocery store?? Haha yes, I am certainly a main of culture, only the classiest of classy for this person! *glances at the novel Going Back and Forth Between Earth and The Other World with Space Time Magic* That's definitely a classy title I swear.

Okay, I love the summary for two of the novels you mention, but whats the third one? Can I find it here on novelupdates?

Haha yet another Death March suggestion, I clearly need to go and read that series! Thanks for the other suggestion as well!!

Oh, I just finished this series this morning and I absolutely loved it!! 10/5 easy for me! Do you know of any other novels like it, because I need a good cute-novel-series hit!

It sounds pretty funny so thanks for the suggestion I'll definitely go and check it out!

Oh no, I Said Make My Abilities Average! gets a bad translator?? Dang, that sucks. How is I Reincarnated Into a Vending Machine? I was thinking about reading it, but who wants to read a novel about a vending machine is what I was thinking. I've read I Was a Sword When I Reincarnated though and it is amazing. I love it to bits and pieces! I'm really interested by your other suggestions so I will definitely go check them out! Also, I think that even if it isn't light and fluffy so long as it's interesting I'll read it. I mean sure, a light and fluffy read is always nice to cleanse my soul, but I do like gritty novels too, so I'll definitely check it out. But thanks for the heads up so that I didn't go into that novel expecting a happy journey!!

Oh awesome! Thank you so much for your recommendations!! Those all look stellar, so I will definitely go check them out as well! Although I keep trying to get into Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu but the first couple of chapters are quite a bit rough, which makes it hard to continue. Does the translation get better as time goes on?

You've never reread any novels? I mean sure, reading fapping material more than once is totally normal, but you've never reread a novel before? Huh, interesting.

Tsk, damn. I wish I could read Japanese. I'll definitely go check it out though! If only the slaves translators could work faster.