Spoiler Son, Mom Will Back You

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ceilo27, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Ceilo27

Ceilo27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi,
    I found this novel and it sounded interesting.
    Can anyone please spoil it to me??

Title:
    Son, Mom Will Back You

Description:
    Little screenwriter Gu Nian has a secret. She was a big fan of an 18th-tier actor by the name of Luo Xiu.

Luo Xiu was good looking but his acting was god awful. He had no work for 2 years, the one time that he was on a show, he was mocked to the point that even his own mother wouldn’t admit that he was her son.

As such, he dropped straight to 180th-tier.

Gu Nian, on the other hand, was determined to become a gold medal screenwriter and had him be her dedicated male supporting character.

___

Luo Xiu had a loyal fan. Ever since his debut, she did everything that a fan would — wait for him at airports, vote for him online, and wave banners of his. Other fans would waver back and forth but this girl remained his loyal fan for two straight years.

Once she was drunk after they have met each other, she patted him on his shoulder, cried and said, “Son, its okay that you are not backed by big bosses! When Mommy become a gold-medal screenwriter, I will back you!”

Luo Xiu: “……”

___

After Gu Nian became a gold-medal screenwriter and signed her contract with a up-and-coming media company, she was summoned to a meeting at their office.

She texted Luo Xiu outside of the conference room, “Son! Mommy can back you now! Just you wait!”

Soon after she sent the message, she heard a notification chime coming from in front of her.

Gu Nian looked up, puzzled, and saw a very familiar handsome face.

The secretary introduced the two of them, “Miss Gu, this is our CEO, Luo Xiu.”

Gu Nian: …..?

Secretary: “Boss Luo, this is….”

“No need for introduction, I know her.” Luo Xiu looked up after he finished reading the text. His eyes a dark black color. “This is the boss who has been backing me behind the scene.”

Everyone: ….? ? ?

NU Link:
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/son-mom-will-back-you/

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    Xi-hime and RiannNeko like this.
  3. RaiLi

RaiLi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Ceilo27

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I know,
    Our MC idolize an 180th tire actor.
    I think according to the description the ML is the 180th tire actor.
    Apparently he has an extremely influential family. However, he made a deal — I still don’t know the details— but he wants to be a monk; Since he finds money, fame, women and other worldly desires boring.

The MC is a scriptwriter. She is extremely good maybe even god-like. However, there is a rich women who have an influential family and she works as a scriptwriter as well plus she steal all MC hard work. She even publicly say it’s her own work. The MC can’t do anything since she is from a normal family.

The MC mom is divorced.
    According to the MC mom the dad is a scum.
    So far I don’t know anything about the dad.
    the mom always worries about the MC marriage.
    MC mom told her daughter an advice to choose her husband from her experience.
    which is to avoid a man who is:
    1. rich.
    2. too handsome.
    3. manipulative.

EDIT:
    Can someone please continue after this?? I need more spoilers plz :aww::aww:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    Chizuru, Shivu1920, Elvirgo and 7 others like this.
  6. fringecapybara

fringecapybara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC is a screenwriter. ML is from an influential family. He "became an idol" because neither him nor his younger brother wanted to succeed the family business so the two of them have a wager on who could hide out longer from the public light. ML's brother submitted ML's info to this production team in an effort to set him up as the only way ML could back out of it is to expose his true identity and use his power that way. To avoid having to do that, he joined the production team.
    MC was the screenwriter for the show that he had joined. And, for reasons that the author has yet to divulge, MC was a crazy fan of ML. She insisted that she's Mommy fan because she knew that an idol, who in her mind will doubtless become super successful, is too far reach for her and will be with someone else one day. So the best way to not get hurt is to take the stance as his mom fan and support him that way.
    ML was Josh (MC's arranged date in Ch1)'s friend.
    ML and MC met during the filming. He was intrigued by MC's goofiness (since arranged date) and also it wasn't difficult for him to figure out that she was the person who wrote the son-raising diary. He was moved by her (blind) devotion for him and falls in love with her. ML is not a nice guy. Throughout the book it was about how he sets trap so she'd become his girlfriend. Oh, story becomes super fluffy once ML falls in love with MC. =)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    Neyva, Chizuru, Numerouno and 16 others like this.
  7. fringecapybara

Reading List:
    Link
    MC was drunk. (Yes, a staple scene in all modern-day, domineering CEO novels)

ML: In terms of age, I am two years older than you. In terms of height, I am some 20 cm taller than you. I don't think I have what will be consider as a cute personality. So what is up with you, hmm?

ML: Why do you think of me as your son? Am I not good looking or that I am just not your type?

MC: Nonsense! My precious son is the handsomest in the world. No human being will not like his type.

Later on that night. (MC is still drunk)

MC's mother initiated video chat and MC accepted. MC's mother proceeded on nagging her about being single, blah blah blah.

MC: Oh, I have a son!

Mother, freaking out: You have a child out of wedlock??!!

ML had a bad feeling when he heard "son" mentioned but MC went over to him anyway and pointed camera at him.

Mother: There's a man in your room??!!

ML: Hi, Aunty.

MC: Not Aunty, that's your grandma.

Title of this chapter: Danger! Fake mother run into real parent.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    Chizuru, Mi shiru, Numerouno and 20 others like this.
  8. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This seems like fun and really funny please tell me it stays this way

9. fringecapybara

Reading List:
    Link
    As of today, ch 64, it is still very consistently funny, and FLUFFY! =)

Xi-hime, Fuyuneko and Creolenerd like this.
  10. fringecapybara

Reading List:
    Link
    MC on a call with her mother again.

MC's Mother: Speaking of, how's your 24-year-old handsome son doing?

MC: …

Mother: Hello? You still there?

MC: How… how… how do you know that he's 24 years old?

Mother: He told me when he was introducing himself over the video chat last time.

MC, feeling alarmed: Did you ask him or did he offered it up?

Mother, having somewhat of a guilty conscience: Is there a difference between the two?

MC: Yes. There. Is!

MC: He's not related to us. How can you ask something so personal?

Mother: Didn't you say he's your son? So I thought I'd just ask.

MC, without missing a beat: He's my son, not yours.

Mother: Of course not. If he's my son, then he'd either be your brother or your husband!
    ___
    Foreshadow? I think not. ;)

11. AWalk2ZEnd

AWalk2ZEnd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers plz:blobpopcorn:

12. muriloandrade

muriloandrade Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rich, cold and germophobic ML :blobsleeping:

13. Ceilo27

Reading List:
    Link
    let me spoil you a funny moment with the ML and MC.

Once the MC found the ML attacked by a women who likes him.

From shock she accidentally yelled:

“Don’t let go of him! Or I am going to call the cops!!”

When she actually meant to say “Let go of him!”

lolololol I burst out laughing at this. :blobjoy:

Thank you MC for this hahaha
    :blob_grin::blobjoy:

14. Uncopyright

Uncopyright Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -MC is a mom fan because she was thinking of the possibility that in the near future, ML gonna have girlfriend so she sets her mind to be supportive of him.

-MC is the famous singer/lyrics writer that suddenly disappear. This is due to the president of ML's media company at the start of the story (of course, in the later chapters ML focuses more on being the president of his own company). The president wanted MC as his woman but MC refused due to her principles so the president corners MC by creating scandal in her name. He sort of create story that MC is a mistress by having someone act in front of MC's school. Nobody believes MC.

-And above was the core cause why MC was infatuated by ML even when she discover how black belly and manipulative ML is. MC during those difficult time plans to drag the president's media company into mud by commiting suicide in their building. She plans to jump from the company's top floor but ML stops her. This happens during sunset... That is why MC was fond of sunset, ML said that the sunset is kind of rebirth. From then on, she became mom fan.

Neyva, Chizuru, Mi shiru and 17 others like this.
  15. Ceilo27

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!

Although I’m surprised at how she become his mom fan.

Do you know what happened to the trashy man (the guy who chased after MC then spread rumors about her) ??

I hope the MC will face slap him in the future.

16. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers pls:aww::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

17. Uncopyright

Uncopyright Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -That guy, he tried to get in between MC and ML. He knew about ML's true identity so he sets up to meet MC in ML's company and "coincidentally" meet ML as the CEO of the company not an artist.

-During this time, MC thought that ML also signs a contract as a new artist on that company, when in fact ML is the owner of the said company.MC is also a newly signed screenwriter for ML's company so she was happy to be with him. See how manipulative ML can be XD.

-So back to the scum guy, they first met in that company's cafeteria and MC revealed that she plans to splash dirty water on that scum guy's company and the scum guy pales when he thought of the consequences but decided to drag down ML so he intentionally goes to the CEO floor with MC and there MC saw ML talking with the executives. The scum guy was very smug.

-ML just let the scum guy be. He said to him that he knew the scum guy's plan after all, that company is owned by him, he knows what is going on. But he was sort afraid of what will be MC's reaction. MC said that she will go home, don't follow her, but don't worry she will always like him.

-Actually MC was only absorbing the fact that ML is the oldest grandson of a rich family, remember the gossip of her two co-screenwriter about the lowkey elder grandson and the other grandson who both fight because they both didn't want the inheritance of their family. That is why she needed space.

-After awhile, ML comes clean about his manipulative behavior well little by little. Then there is this time when ML will show off MC the scarf she made for him when she was a mom fan but when ML found a post card pertaining to conversations they had during MC's supposed suicide about the sunset means rebirth and all. ML finally realized why MC becomes his fan. He become so emotional during that time thinking that if he did not pull MC that day, there will be no MC today and he will forever be empty (urgh, this is described really good in the novel but I butchered it here... Kindly read this on the translated version). MC comfort him and said that it was all in the past.

-Then after that emotional moment, of course, ML will not let the scum guy off the hook. The scumbag's media company becomes bankrupt. But ML said to MC that if the scumbag's company is not having underhanded method it will be okay but you know how manipulative ML is. Haha.

As usual, please rely with this spoiler as a faulty guide and read the translated version for more feels, cause me describing things sort of butchered the emotions haha :blobpeek:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    Neyva, -NEAR-, feleesi and 13 others like this.
  18. Ceilo27

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you for the spoilers. :blobmelt:

Gosh the ML and MC are sooo sweet. :bloblove:

Uncopyright likes this.
  19. Cuddles You

Cuddles You Eternal East Wind

Reading List:
    Link
  20. prettylucky675

prettylucky675 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

When will they kiss? Or get "intimate "with each other?