Spoiler SOTR - Sovereign of the Three Realms - (for those who read the raws or just dont care)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by DeathStroke96, Oct 23, 2016.

1. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys as you can see this is a spoiler thread as well as a bit of a rant from me on this series which i used to enjoy..
    Right so i have read up to chapter 826, i liked the story until ch.250 which is why i have decided to read the lnmtl version since the release schedule is quite slow-ish to complete over 2000 chapters quickly, but i was disappointed with it and decided to drop it because it is the same thing over and over again. Beginning of the novel was eastern kingdom problems which which resulted with war because of kid tournament, the prince selection which ended because of a special tournament (entry to special place (sort of tournament)),
    getting into the sect guess what tournament (but wait there is more it lasts around 120 chapters) then there is an alliance arc which is concluded with a tournament and bashing the invaders (higher level area of humanity) of the 16 alliance countries, the next areas sect - guess what tournament, followed with multi sect tournament to some special place (again) time skip same thing multi sect tournament to get into another special place and that is only until ch.600 after that there is an okay 150 chapters because (spoiler) and then we get back to the same thing (again) new higher level area and again tournaments

I am extremely disappointed with and I think its name should be - TOTR which means tournaments of the three realms.

I understand that i have only read less than half of the story and probably didnt give it a proper chance but from what i have seen the MC is a dotard (forgive me for using this word) but is it not normal to assume that if you create something that is very useful and quite profiting that others would covet it? and if you dont have the strength to protect it just means death?
    hall of healing - destroyed because the amount of profit they were making made one of the strongest kingdoms jealous, the sect from the next level area he created a pill which can extend the life of their areas strongest practitioners by between 500 to 800 years - the area that destroyed them previously sent a level higher practitioners to them and wiped out all of their sects and captured the MC's sect people and sold as slaves because they new the recipe
    And other similar events kept happening just to progress the story.

FlameE likes this.
  2. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you are SO right!!! I finished reading this in lnmtl, because i also got impatient for the translations...

Mind you, the first hundred chapters are ok, but what really gets me is that all the major battles are handled by the MC alone... what's the use of other characters? They are mainly there for decorations in battles and just used for some plot fillers.... aauuugh... and it was so promising too...

3. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, like those guys from the dan qian palace sect
    , what was the point behind them? it was so that they could receive the recipe for the longevity for saints and then have their sect destroyed and be sold as slave for the MC to just go to a higher level area so that he could rescue them
    ? I enjoyed the beginning so i read ahead but what frickin' disappointment this novel is, People say that it gets better but in my opinion if you have to force yourself trough pretty much half the novel to get to the good part which may only last for a brief moment then its not worth it...

4. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
    Reviving old thread to ask a question since you seem to have read the RAWs... Did Jiang Chen ever properly deal with Long Juxue? Like does she get the comeuppance she deserves? Ideally you'd have a chapter estimate, but I can make do with simply the conclusion of their "rivalry"

5. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 400ish is when she dies... it is exactly after this extremely long arc...

6. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for giving me an answer :)
    Sigh. I'll wait patiently for it. Her character really should have been killed off a bit sooner.

7. Sythellri

Sythellri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At least you didn't get to the part where it teases for almost 700 chapters. You literally scream that he's a fucking idiot when he sees his own daughter then proceeds to ignore her for 700 fucking chapters because he doesn't know who she is

8. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, you're right it was really agonizing, but for me the most annoying is that i don't get the use of side characters for this novel. There seems no reason for them to cultivate because at the end it all comes down to him single handedly saving them... especially those guards that was supposed to support him? What happened in the end? They needed to be saved from those slavers.. i just hate that they are so useless... especially in the other realm, where he with the mythical 4 beasts repelled those that rebel... and here, in the beginning, they were lauded as super strong, so i had such high hopes for them but they ended up so disappointingly weak compared to MC

9. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    I got to the part that Jiang Chen was invited to the emperors party and was told that he has a beautiful daughter and then went to the point where she was telling her adoptive father (and haa daughter that was taken by the second emperor as his disciple) that she doesn't like meetings like that and asked him how is the progress of JC... I couldn't be bothered going to far after that because I got a hunch that another tournament was coming as the no.1 pill city issues a challenge to the emperors city that Jc was in based on those life extending pills for saints if I remembered the cultivation realm correctly...

And yes it was a bit frustrating like they were next to each other but because of Jc changing his name and her not liking to attand parties they didn't meet...

10. Plural

Plural Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the identities of Elder Shun and Huang’er? Are they from the upper realms or just beyond the 16 kingdoms?

11. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are still within the realm, part of the whole continent just in the border that separates their world to the other realms.. elder shun and huang'er are part of an influential family. But that family is being suppressed by another because huang'er's parents "sinned". Her father was supposed to be married to that family but instead eloped with her mother...that is the reason for huang's disease, it's like a curse, done by that "wronged/abandoned" woman

12. BlinkOfAEye

BlinkOfAEye Chair C

Reading List:
    Link
    lol wait till you find out who that daughter is.

13. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    I already knew who she was because her adoptive father called her by her actual name, so it wasn't that much of a mystery to me... (btw you do mean the girl that had sex with JC and then left right? I for the love of... can't remember her name so yeah...)
    They are from the place where humanity views as their origin and the only safe place where they would not fear any disaster brought onto human kind... so think of it this way; 16 kingdoms low level area sort of the borderline wastelands, the next place he will go to will be the low level mid grade area after that are the 8 cities which are the high grade areas and she came from islands far in the sea and can be regarded as peak grade level area... and she and the elder came from the peak grade area...

iamgboy08 likes this.
  14. iamgboy08

iamgboy08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when did jiang chen release the first strong monster he meet on the eastern kingdom? the one who let him have those millions of birds?

15. Xiao x2

Xiao x2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't one of the disappointment also about his harem, he has way too many ambiguous relationship and yet they didn't become a part of his harem.

Soren59 likes this.
  16. SixDesires

SixDesires Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys I have a few questions about sovereign of the three realms ?

1. Does Jiang Chen our mc and his harem become immortal able to live forever never having to die?

2. Is there any yuri in this novel and is there immortality possible in this novel like stellar transformations if so what realm do you half to reach?

17. RiriofDarkness

RiriofDarkness Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys need to know does SOTR jiang Chen find his brother????

18. waraa

waraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys!! I have a question is it a true harem story or simply women admiring ML and ML only having MC as his wife... because I don't like harem but sometimes the genres include harem but its really ML/MC story.... so please tell me quickly so that I won't have to read it the third time I started reading first two times but quickly grew tired from the stupid plot....