Novel Soul Anomaly

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by cud-b-better, Mar 28, 2016.

1. cud-b-better

cud-b-better Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 17A: Trivia Before Storm – Yesterdays Summary

"And so that's what happened." I explain what happened when I met Shiori-sempai to Alicia, Ren and Elizabeth. I omitted the fact that I switched the drinks so as to not needlessly dirty my glorious name.

"Gungnir-Mjölnir and Voynich-Caduceus, two Soul Slayers." Alicia murmurs to herself, she has a somewhat sad and lonely look.

"Do you know about these Soul Slayers, Elizabeth?" Ren asks his spouse.

"I know that Voynich-Caduceus is capable of summoning and manipulating souls from the Underworld. For us, the Cerberus family that is charged with preventing souls from escaping, it's the most blasphemous thing imaginable," Elizabeth shows a look of displeasure before continuing, "I have only heard the name Gungnir-Mjölnir, I don't have any idea what it's capable of."

As a little bit of trivia, on the request of Ren, Elizabeth has taken serious training to stop her habit of laughing after every sentence. It has quickly bared fruit, she's much easier to tolerate now.

"Gungnir-Mjölnir is a Soul Slayer that generates lightning that's capable of shattering the soul." Alicia picks up where Elizabeth left off. "It's a golden weapon that has a spearhead on one end, and a hammerhead on the other."

"You seem awfully knowledgeable about it, Alicia." Elizabeth states whilst giving Alicia an accusing look.

"I just looked into things that could be a potential threat." Alicia shrugs it off. However Alicia, you cannot fool my beautiful eyes, there's something more you're hiding. Not that I plan on digging into it though, at least not right now.

"Well, I don't think we need to worry about Shiori-sempai. So let's just be careful of Gungnir-Mjölnir and its wielder." I change the subject to cover for Alicia. Aren't I just the best guy you could have fallen for? Feel free to express your gratitude physically Alicia, I promise to be gentle. I picture Alicia lying down on a bed, 'It's embarrassing can you turn off the light' she asks, I smile to myself at the cute (imaginary) Alicia.

"Yuichi, what's with that grin? Did something happen with you and this Shiori-sempai?" Alicia accuses.

"No, you got the wrong idea. I was just thinking that our bedroom scene may come sooner than I thought." Shit, I didn't mean to say that out loud.

"Bed...room..." Elizabeth whispers as her fingers shake. I think she's excited. Ren, make sure you fulfil your role then.

"Your 'genius' strikes again, Yuichi." Ren states with a bitter smile. No need to be jealous Ren, they say hard work surpasses a genius, so hang in there. Wait, why did he bring that up now?

"Y-U-I-C-H-I-!" Alicia slowly approaches me as she emphasises every syllable of my name. I can sense a dark aura coming out of her.

Another school day, another drop kick, another trip to the infirmary.

Chapter 17B: Trivia Before Storm – Exhaustion From Anxiety (Perspective: Akane)

School is finished. I'm dealing with a load of paperwork that one of my teachers forced onto me, I couldn't refuse. I'm glad that the teachers feel they can trust me, but I'm seriously tired. The meeting with Shiori-sempai yesterday, another Soul Slayer. Another person is after Yuichi's life, I can't focus on this work when I'm worrying about this.

"HAHH-" I let out a sigh.

"Hm, Mizuno-san." A gentle voice beckons me.

Standing there with a smile is the class rep, Ryu Ikena-kun.

"You look exhausted, what are you doing here at this time?" He asks.

"I have to finish all this work, what about you, Ikena-kun?"

"I had a meeting I had to attend. But anyway Mizuno-san, I think it would be best if you go home, you don't want to overwork yourself."

"But all this..." I begin to protest, Ikena-kun simply holds his hand out for me to stop.

"I'll finish it up for you, so go home and get some rest."

"I couldn't possibly..."

"It's my duty to look after my classmates, don't worry." Ikena-kun says gently with a smile. I don't think I'll be able to talk him out of it.

"Okay, thank you very much. I'll take my leave." I give my gratitude to Ikena-kun before leaving.

He really is a understanding and caring person, I sure wish Yuichi would take a lesson from him. Why can't the person I like show me concern from time to time?

Chapter 17C: Trivia Before Storm – Flag For Future Event

I'm walking home with Alicia. This is one of the sacred times when it's just the two of us. It must be difficult on Alicia during these times, she has to hold herself back from making a move on someone as glorious as myself, even though I wouldn't mind if she just let all her feelings out.

Alicia seems to have cheered up somewhat from lunchtime, it must be due to the magical remedy of being beside her lover.

"Oh yeah, Yuichi, I forgot to ask you this before." Alicia breaks the silence.

"What is it, my love?" I ask affectionately, "GAHH!" and get an elbow to my face for my trouble.

"Father asked me to invite you to this..." Alicia begins.

"I'll do it." I exclaim without delay. There is no way I can turn down a request from Father now, is there?

"I haven't finished explaining yet."

"Fair enough, even I the incar..." I begin.

"He wants you to participate in a type of race alongside me and Lilicia in the Underworld." Alicia butts in.

"Like I said, I'll do it. It sounds exciting. But can you not interrupt me when I'm speaking."

"You were only going to say something that highlights your narcissism, and you should really practice what you preach Yuichi."

"Preach? Do I look like a priest to you?"

Alicia sighs and shakes her head. "Anyway, you've agreed, like I thought you would. Participants representing the houses of Cerberus and Thanatos will also be competing, so there's a lot of hype about it. Father wants us to get first place for the sake of bragging rights."

"I'll do my very best so he can do just that." It's the son-in-law's job to grant his father-in-law's every wish, and I, Yuichi Shiro, intend to do just that. Or else I am not beautiful, no I take that back, whether I win or lose, I will always be beautiful.

Whilst I'm psyching myself up we reach the split path where I separate from Alicia.

Chapter 17D: Trivia Before Storm – Slayer/Lost (Perspective: Currently Unknown)

"Where am I?"

"Where is Shiori?"

"Which way is it to the hotel?"

"Where is Muramasa-Masamune?"

"And where is the Human Anomaly that I need to exterminate!?"

I'll kill every single one of those things. They are things that shouldn't exist in the first place. They only bring forth tragedy and destruction.

"Isn't that right, Nee-sama?" I ask rhetorically as I gaze into the sky that is starting to darken.

Chapter 17E: Trivia Before Storm – The Reapers Thoughts (Perspective: Alicia)

I've gone my separate way from Yuichi so I'm now walking home alone.

Gungnir-Mjölnir, I had a feeling I would run into it sooner or later. It's current wielder, is most likely 'her'. I recall the face of a girl who is looking at me like I'm a monster. No matter how many years go by, I can't forget that day.

That Shiori girl told Yuichi he should just lay low. But in the first place can we even trust in her words? Yuichi may want to believe in them because she's an old friend. But can that friendship outrank the fact that they're natural enemies? That girl's face resurfaces again, It can't. My own past experience has already told me this.

Plus, avoiding the problem doesn't make the problem go away. Yuichi nearly died simply because he met Muramasa-Masamune's wielder by coincidence.

Should I encourage Yuichi to take the initiative? No, there's no guarantee he can win. The feeling of losing Yuichi again, I don't want to ever feel it again. But he can't just hide from her forever.

Which leaves only one option left, an option that will keep Yuichi out of harm's way, without running away forever.

2. cud-b-better

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 18A: Date With Anomaly And Slayer – Reminiscence (Perspective: Shiori)

That day was the first time I cried since my brother's death. Even though I promised myself I would be strong.

That day, the boy who I thought was nothing more than a narcissist, forced the tears out of my eyes along with my anger and frustration.

That day, I didn't realise the meaning of his actions, not until the boy's best friend explained it to me.

That day, I saw the boy in a whole new light, and a warm soft feeling grew within me.

I wake up on my bed, I guess I must have zoned out.

"Yuichi-kun..." I whisper the name of the boy from back then. "All right, I've decided."

I reach for my phone and dial a certain person's number.

Chapter 18B: Date With Anomaly And Slayer – Yuichi Being Yuichi

It's the weekend, I'm currently making some updates to the Yuichi Shiro Fansite that I uploaded a month ago. I can remember the tears I shed as I proclaimed about how my beauty has now gone digital. I'm uploading new photos of my beautiful self so that girls all the way across the world can appreciate me. My beauty's way too strong to be restricted to the local district.

Whilst the uploads are going on in the background I check some of my fan's comments.

"Yuichi, would you please take this embarrassing site off the web? By Ren672." I read the comment out loud. Wow, he has the same name as my best friend. He must be jealous of my idol level popularity, I get a lot of comments like this. Whilst women fawn, men get jealous.

"I apologise Ren672, to girls I'm like a drug. Once you have one dose of Yuichi, you can't stop. You're addicted. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if women across the world go through withdrawal symptoms because of me." I reply, and send.

On to the next comment.

"Yuichi, you little shit you're f&%$£%$ pissing me off in ways words can't describe! By Alicia275." Woah, a pure hater, this man even has the nerve to use my fiancé's name.

How is it that I know it's a guy? The answer's simple. There's no way it could be a girl, no girl can resist my charm after all.

This guy's trying to inflict psychological damage on me. Well, I don't have to take any of it. "Delete."

Moving on to the final unread message.

"Onii-chan, please stop deluding yourself even further. By Yuna001." A comment that looks like it's by someone younger than me, they call me Onii-chan and they even have the same name as my little sister. I guess this girl is too young to understand the quality of my beauty. "Come back when you're older, Ojou-chan." I reply.

"Have you not figured it out, Master?" A voice addresses me from behind.

"Woah! Wolfy you scared me there." When did he get there? "But figured what out?" I ask.

"Look at the names on those comments and think, Master." Wolfy urges.

Hm, first there was Ren672, after that was Alicia275, then finally Yuna001. Wait, Ren, Alicia, Yuna, The names of my best friend, fiancé, and little sister. This can mean one thing, and only one thing.

"Wolfy, you don't mean..." I say with a trembling voice.

"It looks like you've realised, Master." Wolfy nods in satisfaction.

"All these comments are written by stalkers!?" I scream, this is bad. They've researched me so thoroughly that they know the names of the people who are closest to me. Being the idol that I am, stalkers are bound to appear, but I didn't think it would be at this level.

Wolfy stares on at me in wonder as I panic, but I have no time to pay it any heed.

"Because of my supreme beauty and popularity I've endangered my friends and family." I lament to myself "Anyway I need to contact everyone, they could be in danger." I reason with myself on whether to call the police but I decide against it after recalling the past trauma of being questioned by them before.

I quickly send private messages to each of my friends via 'Facetome' within a few minutes I get their replies.

I wipe the sweat from my forehead. "Phew, it was a false alarm." It turns out that the messages didn't come from stalkers, but the legit articles. I'm a bit annoyed about their comments, but the relief that my friends aren't in danger far outweighs my anger.

"Master, you truly are one of a kind." Wolfy compliments from out of the blue.

"Thank you, Wolfy. You're already starting to take after me." I reply. Wolfy wears a complicated expression after hearing it. I guess the happiness of being accepted by the person he respects most is too overbearing.

*Ring ring* - My phone goes off. I don't recognise the number.

"Hello, you've reached Yuichi Shiro, if you wish to make a love confession, please do so in person." I answer the phone in the way I answer every unknown call.

"Ha ha ha! I'll bear that in mind from now on, Yuichi-kun." A voice answers, it's one I recognise.

"Shiori-sempai, what's wrong? Calling me all of a sudden." I ask.

"My partner contacted me earlier saying she was going to search every square inch of the area. That girl has no sense of direction, but it's best to play it safe. So Yuichi-kun, in order to escape from her surveillance, I want you to hang around with me today. If you're with an expert tracker like me, she'll never find you." Shiori-sempai explains, I see.

"Sure thing." I don't have anything else on today.

"Great, then meet me in an hour out in front of the statue in the square, okay. See ya then." She hangs up.

"Wolfy, I'm going out for the day." I state.

"Master, wait just one moment." Wolfy pleads before running out the room, he comes back a minute later with something in his mouth, it's a whistle attached to a chain. I take it out of his mouth.

"If you blow on this whistle I'll come rushing to your side, Master, use it if something happens." He explains.

"Thank you, Wolfy, I'll be sure to do that." I put the whistle's chain around my neck and stroke Wolfy's head. "All right I'm off. I'll see you later."

Chapter 18C: Date With Anomaly And Slayer – The Lost Girl (Perspective: Akane)

I'm walking through town. I needed some supplies so I went shopping. The numerous pedestrian footsteps drown the silence. Seeing the town's liveliness brings a smile to my face.

I suddenly notice a girl pacing aimlessly with a confused look on her face. She's around my age with tanned skin and short dark hair.

"Are you lost?" I ask. "I can give you directions if you like."

"Oh, thank you very much, I was really starting to get concerned." The girl replies politely, from her accent she's clearly a foreigner, but her words are fluent. The girl shows me a map and points at a location. "I want to get here." she states.

Wow, I don't know whether it's from wandering round lost, but she's a long way from her destination. I quickly point to where she is on the map as I describe how to get there.

"Thanks for your help, I truly appreciate it." She says as she begins to run off. But, wait.

"You're already going the wrong way!" I shout after her. The girl stops then walks back to me with a slight blush. "Come on, I'll walk you there." My instincts are telling me she won't be able to get there on her own.

"Uh ha ha ha, sorry for the trouble." The girl laughs at herself in embarrassment.

Chapter 18D: Date With Anomaly And Slayer – Main Event

I'm waiting at the meeting point. Shiori-sempai hasn't turned up yet, I take a quick glance at my watch when I hear approaching footsteps.

"I'm sorry, did you wait long?" Shiori-sempai asks with a smile. She's wearing a beautiful white one piece dress that increases both her charm and maturity.

"About twenty five minutes I think." I reply honestly.

"Jeez, Yuichi-kun. You're supposed to say 'I only just got here'" Shiori-sempai cutely pouts. Sorry, I completely misread the situation, how rude of someone as noble and beautiful as myself.

"I only just got here myself." I correct myself.

"It's already too late for it now." She droops her shoulders.

"So, where do you want to go, Sempai?" I ask, if only to change the subject.

"To the movies, to an arcade, to a coffee shop, everywhere." She replies with a smile.

"Well, why don't we start with the arcade then?" I suggest, Sempai nods.

As we walk I feel something soft latch onto my hand. "Shiori-sempai?"

"It's crowded on the weekend. This way we won't be separated." She explains.

Thank you pedestrians. You've given me a legitimate excuse to hold Sempai's hand. I've wanted to do this with Alicia for so long with no such luck.

Wait, Alicia? Could this count as cheating? Nah, this is just a one off. Alicia will always be the love of my life. Yes, I'm definitely not cheating.

We arrive at the arcade and play a variety of different games, ranging from crane games, to shoot 'em ups, to racing. I often come here with Ren, so I'm pretty adapt at them.

"Oh, I lost again." Shiori-sempai says gloomily.

"My beautiful technique is unconquerable." I declare proudly.

"I'm starting to get a bit hungry." Shiori-sempai says, don't want to talk about your losing streak I see.

"Shall we go then?" I pay it no mind and just smile.

Barely a few steps outside the arcade and I feel a weird sensation, it's one I recognise. We're no longer inside of our own world. I look around, nothing but dark plains. As I thought, this is the same technique Alicia taught me so I don't involve bystanders when I fight Anomalies. It creates a disposable dimension to fight in that's separate from the living world. If I remember right its called...

"Reaper Technique: Coliseum." A monotonous voice states, almost as if it read my mind. I look to its owner.

Standing there is a man wearing a mask and a crimson robe. The robe has two unique designs on it. One is of several smaller crosses aligned together in a formation that forms a bigger cross. The other is of a blue flame pattern rising from the hem and the sleeves. But what shocks me is what he has attached to his waist.

"Muramasa-Masamune!" Shiori-sempai shouts. Yes, the same eerie black blade that Vincent wielded. So this is the guy who killed Vincent, well not that I care about that bastard.

"Just who the hell is he?" I ask.

"I don't know, but he's definitely a Human Anomaly, and a very powerful one at that." Shiori-sempai explains. He's a Human Anomaly? So he's just like me? "Even I, an expert in tracking people, couldn't sense him until now." Shiori-sempai adds.

The masked man focuses his red eyes on Shiori-sempai "I will have you hand over Voynich-Caduceus, Shiori Azusa." He declares. His emotionless voice causes sweat to run down my neck.

Chapter 18E: Date With Anomaly And Slayer – Reacquaintance Of Reaper And Slayer (Perspective: Alicia)

I've already located my target. It's been eight years since I've seen her, but I recognise her right away. I didn't expect Mizuno-san to be with her though, judging by the way they're interacting, I'm guessing they've only just met. I'd have preferred not to get her involved, but I don't have the luxury of choice.

"Reaper Technique: Coliseum." When they enter a deserted area I activate my technique and send us all into a separate dimension.

"Wha!? What's going on!?" Mizuno-san's in deep shock, I'm sorry to get you involved in this.

My eyes finally meet with that girls, when they do, her expression instantly turns dark. Her immense hatred has only grown since that time. It's painful being looked upon by eyes filled with hatred.

"What's the meaning of appearing before me again, Alicia!?" She asks in a hostile voice.

"Wait, Pandemonium-san?" Mizuno-san looks alternatively between us with a confused face.

"That girl wields a Soul Slayer." I explain.

Mizuno-san's shock increases. She understands what this means. This woman is out to kill both Yuichi and Ren.

Mizuno-san quickly distances herself from her and stands behind me. Fortunately, she's not like Vincent who wouldn't bat an eye at killing an innocent bystander, her hatred lies solely with Anomalies and those related to them. This of course includes Reapers. Then again, her grudges started with me.

"I'll ask you again, what're you doing here?" She asks menacingly as she draws her Soul Slayer, Gungnir-Mjölnir. The static from the electricity running through it is clearly visible. I turn my eyes away from the Soul Slayer and on to its wielder.

I recall my previous thoughts from before, how can the problem be settled without running away or putting Yuichi in danger? The answer I came up with was simple.

"To eliminate the threat with my own hands." I reply in a way that answers both my question and the girl in front of me. I materialise my scythe and point the blade at my opponent. "It's been eight long years. So how about we get reacquainted, wielder of Gungnir-Mjölnir, Alma Ivana."

"Very well, Alicia," Alma points the spearhead side of her Soul Slayer at me, "Today will be the anniversary your accursed existence came to an end." The anger in her eyes and face grows even more menacing.

""HAAAAH!"" Our voice mix as we both charge head on. I won't let her lay a finger on Yuichi.

3. cud-b-better

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 19A: United Front Against A Common Enemy – The Mysterious Masked Man

"Voynich-Caduceus, or your lives, which will it be?" The masked man's emotionless voice asks. He's more eerie than the sword on his waist.

"This guy's dangerous. Shiori-sempai, you can't let him have what he wants." I explain in a obvious voice.

"I know, Yuichi-kun," Shiori-sempai says with a smile before turning to the masked man with a serious face "My answer is obviously 'no'."

"Pride before life is something I cannot understand. Is this the difference between those with emotions, and those without them? Your decision is opposite to the logical one. So be it. the outcome will be the same regardless." The masked man explains in a matter of fact voice.

He's certain of victory. His emotionless voice is really getting under my skin.

This isn't an opponent I can take lightly, therefore. I take the whistle Wolfy gave me and blow into it, no sound comes out of it however, is it broken? Tch, we'll have to do this by ourselves.

"Shiori-sempai, I'll try and force an opening, when you see your chance, strike." I whisper my make shift battle plan, Sempai nods in agreement. As we're talking, the masked man creates several transparent spheres, each one has a small flame in the centre.

"Those orbs have a high density of fire and air compressed into them. In other words, they're explosive." Shiori-sempai explains, "To create so many mixed element orbs at once. Like I thought, this man is truly bad news."

"Don't worry, Sempai." If those orbs are explosive then there's an easy way to get around them. I run as fast as I can towards the masked man.

"Yuichi-kun!" Shiori-sempai calls out in concern.

"He won't be able to use them in close quarter combat!" I shout back.

"You're underestimating me." Says the masked man.

No, I'm not. I'm going to go all out from the word go.

"My soul is one that is of self confidence." I chant as I continue to charge towards the masked man. Several of the orbs fly towards me. "Beautiful, intelligent and kind. Absolute belief in myself and those that surround me."

*Boom!* - One of the orbs explodes, luckily I jumped to the side just in time. I continue to close the distance between us after regaining my footing.

"And a will that never dulls, bends or breaks." I finish my chant and create my silver sword.

Several more orbs fly towards me, I skilfully skid to the side anticipating an explosion. But that doesn't occur they just continue moving. Shit, they're not aiming for me.

"Sempai!" I scream to warn her.

The orbs quickly surround her and *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*.

"SHIORI-SEMPAI!" I shout into the smoke when something flies out.

"A Soul Anomaly?" I question. It looks like a huge eagle, and standing on its back, unharmed, is Shiori-sempai. Thank goodness.

"Concentrate on the enemy, Yuichi-kun, I can handle myself just fine." Sempai scolds.

I refocus on the masked man, who quickly creates more orbs and sends them at both me and Shiori-sempai. Shiori-sempai is flying in the sky and dodging the explosions, that from where I'm standing, look like fireworks. I also continue to avoid the explosions whilst edging closer towards him.

When he's finally in range. I swing my silver sword at him, I'll have your head on a platter.

He blocks my attack using Muramasa-Masamune's sheath. I quickly duck and avoid the sudden horizontal slash. "URGHH!" The masked man kicks me and forces me through the air. I manifest and throw several silver knives whilst in mid fall. The masked man arches his back and they all fly over him.

"Damn, I can't get a single hit in!" I painfully pull myself up. Shit! I'm surrounded by orbs. I don't have time to escape, I instinctively close my eyes.

*BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* I hear the orbs explode, why am I unharmed? I slowly open my eyes to see a Soul Anomaly disintegrating into the atmosphere. The masked man is also preoccupied fighting against several lion type Soul Anomalies.

"Are you all right, Yuichi-kun!?" Sempai calls, I see, she summoned several Anomalies to shield me from the blast. I give Sempai a quick nod. As I return my eyes to the masked man I notice the final Soul Anomaly disintegrating in an explosion. The masked man sheaths Muramasa-Masamune. Wait a second.

"You didn't sever any souls. How can you sheath Muramasa-Masamune!?" I interrogate.

"Muramasa-Masamune's so called curse is closer to the Soul Slayer's will." The masked man answers whilst shrugging his shoulders.

"What're you saying?" Sempai asks.

"Muramasa-Masamune's wish is to sever souls, and if the wielder doesn't give it what it wants, it consumes their soul instead. However, I took a different approach. If the curse is its will, then I simply dominate it. Force it to submit to me, rather than the other way around." The masked man explains.

"You're making no sense!" I scream as I charge towards him with my sword. Several orbs fly towards me.

"Master, get back!" A voice I recognise shouts, I follow its advice and jump backwards.

*BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM* - Several fireballs shoot out and collide with the orbs, that explode on collision.

Suddenly a lightning bolt rains down on to the masked man, but he guards using Muramasa-Masamune. Then Alicia appears charges in from behind him. "Die!" She shouts whilst slashing her scythe towards the masked man's neck.

Chapter 19B: United Front Against A Common Enemy – The Prodigy Appears (Perspective: Alicia)

"DIE!" I scream as I swing my scythe down on the masked man, who is still preoccupied from Gungnir-Mjölnir's lightning.

My scythe edges closer inch by inch towards the man's neck. It's over, there's no way he can avoid this.

*CHING!* What! My scythe is stopped dead by another scythe.

Standing there is a woman in her late teens with long cyan coloured hair, the fringe of which covers one of her eyes. She's wearing a dark robe with three embroideries, one is of an icicle pattern reaching up from her waist to her bust. The other two are the same cross shape pattern as the masked man, and are positioned on opposite sides just above the hem.

"It has been far too long, Alicia." Her voice greets coldly, I feel my face extort in anxiety. This girl is the prodigious Reaper who disappeared a few years back, the oldest daughter, and heir to the family of Thanatos.

"A Reaper!?" I hear Yuichi's voice from the sidelines. But this girl's no ordinary Reaper.

"What the hell are you doing here, Carrisa!?" I ask angrily, I never dreamed I would see her again in such a situation.

"Carrisa, if you wish to fight her, take it away from here." The masked man orders, as he continues to hold off Alma's lightning with Muramasa-Masamune.

"Understood." She agrees, as she grabs my wrist, "Connect." NO! She's forcefully teleporting us away from here. A bright light surrounds our bodies.

The next moment, I find myself in another part of the dimension, I can't see Yuichi and the others, only Carrisa is standing in front of me. She intends to fight me one on one.

"Why are you with that man, Carrisa?" I interrogate.

"A lot of things happened, but long story short, he defeated me in a game of chess when he originally died." Carrisa explains, "He's completely different from your boy who chose a luck based game and even cheated." What!? That man defeated a prodigy like Carrisa in a game of chess!?

"You abandoned the Underworld because of your loss!?"

"No, that man wanted me, so I became his." Carrisa admits without a hint of shame, to change her this much, just who is that man!? "Before I'm a Reaper, before I'm from Thanatos, before my loyalty to the Underworld, I'm that man's tool!" I can't believe the words I'm hearing. Is this really the same Carrisa I used to know?

Regardless, one thing is certain, she's an enemy.

"Which means I have no choice, let us battle, Carrisa Thanatos!" I point my scythe as I challenge the girl who I once admired.

"That's what I wanted to hear, Alicia. Show me your growth." She agrees as she spins her scythe in a circular motion.

I quickly create and shoot a fireball, Carrisa uses her scythe to slice it right down the centre and split it into two halves, that fly either side of her body, and off into the distance.

I quickly close the distance and swing my scythe horizontally. *Ching* Carrisa blocks with her own scythe.

*Ching! Ching!* We each wield our weapons, trying to get past the other's guard. Carrisa smiles as our blades fall into a deadlock, "You still have a lot to learn, Alicia."

"ARGGGHH!" I scream in agony as a jolt enters my body. "URGH!" Carrisa kicks me in the stomach, which sends me rolling backwards from the sheer force.

As I stagger to my feet I notice sparks of electricity running through Carrisa's scythe. "So that's where that shock came from. You ran your electricity through our scythes and into me." I analyse.

"Running your Reaper techniques through the air isn't always the most effective way, Alicia." She lectures with a smile, so rather than shooting it, she ran it through her weapon.

Which means even if I block her scythe, I'll still get electrocuted. I have to play this smartly. I charge at her again and swing my scythe, but before Carrisa can guard I shoot a water technique at her scythe. I'll have my water conduct her scythe's electricity and give her a shocking!

Carrisa nimbly dodges to the side, she read my attack.

"Nice idea, Alicia, but you'll have to try a bit better than that if you wish to hurt me." She mocks. I gnaw my teeth in frustration.

I throw my scythe into the air to free my hands, I then gather a ball of wind in one hand, and a fireball in the other. I throw the two elemental balls at Carrisa in a arc so that they will collide and combust when they reach her. However, Carrisa also gathers balls of fire and wind and throws them.

*BOOM BOOM!* Her fireball collides with my wind ball and her wind ball collides with my fireball. She neutralised my elemental combination before they could even reach her. She then charges straight at me. My scythe is still in the air, so I'm unarmed.

"You shouldn't have let go of your weapon, Alicia!" She shouts as she readies her scythe.

I quickly conjure another ball of wind and shoot it at her, she dodges it, but it did delay her.

As her scythe edges towards me, I grab my own falling scythe and swing it in one motion, *Ching!* parrying her attack, but "URGHH!" Another electric shock. Blood seeps out of my mouth. It's no good, she's too strong.

Chapter 19C: United Front Against A Common Enemy – Versus The Masked Man

The masked man pushes the lightning bolt aside and then stares at the girl who was behind it, the weapon she's holding is the one Alicia talked about before, Gungnir-Mjölnir. He then turns to Wolfy, who is standing beside me, his fur is on end.

"Two Slayers, one Human Anomaly, and one mysterious Soul Anomaly. I believe it is time that I went all out." The masked man says to himself.

"Alma, how did you get here!?" Shiori-sempai asks.

"I followed, Alicia. She said she noticed Muramasa-Masamune in the distance, so we made a temporary ceasefire." She then turns towards me and Wolfy, her eyes are filled with killing intent "To be honest, I wish to extinguish you two right now. But I don't have time for that right now. So just this once, I'll work with you."

This girl's scary, in a way, probably more so than Vincent.

"Master, we need to keep our eyes in the game." Wolfy states.

"I wish I could, but I'm worried about Alicia, my instincts tell me she can't beat that other girl." I explain.

"All the more reason we defeat this guy now." Good call, Wolfy, as expected of my pet dog.

Wolfy suddenly launches a huge fireball. At the same time the girl known as Alma shoots a stream of electricity from her Soul Slayer. The masked man grabs the fireball with his bare hand and hurls it at the incoming electric attack. The two attacks cancel each other out.

Another lion Soul Anomaly attacks the masked man from behind, I create and launch several silver knives. The masked man quickly draws Muramasa-Masamune and swings the blade in a arc. A shock-wave deflects my silver knives and continues towards me.

"Urgh!" Despite diving to one side the edge of the shock-wave still caught my shoulder. Fresh blood flows out through my torn clothes.

At the same time, one of the masked man's orbs flies inside the lion's mouth and *BOOM!* Explodes. The lion's head is split in two, and comes clean off its body. The masked man once again sheaths Muramasa-Masamune.

"Logically speaking, no matter what, I will win. However, the longer the battle is drawn out, the higher the chance of uncertain variables appearing. Therefore." Most of the masked man's words make no sense to me. But the part about him winning regardless pisses me off.

I charge at him, I'm going to cleave his head off. The masked man doesn't move, he slowly closes his eyes.

"My soul is one that is of the unknown." Soul ID lyrics? His voice's tone hasn't changed, but his words makes me tremble in fear.

"Nothingness, empty and void." He continues.

"Wolfy this is going to get complicated, we'll handle him, go back up Alicia." I order. Wolfy quickly looks at me and nods before running off.

"I'm counting on you." I whisper to myself as I refocus on the masked man.

"Anger, love, happiness, fear and joy are mere words." Alma launches another lightning bolt. The masked man dodges effortlessly whilst still continuing his chant with his eyes closed.

"Take in pieces of others, and gain my illusionary completeness." A dark aura emanates from the masked man's body with his chant's closure.

From hearing his lyrics I start to understand his essence, but it's completely contradictory to how I thought Soul ID lyrics originally worked.

The first line 'His soul is of the unknown' means he doesn't understand himself. 'Nothingness, empty and void' he's like a hollow shell that has nothing within. 'Anger, love, happiness, fear and joy are mere words.' it means to him they bear no weight, they're words that have no emotion within them. 'Take in pieces of others, and gain illusionary completeness' This is the only line I don't understand.

The soul is the very nature of one's being, and yet his is 'unknown'. I remember an old saying 'people fear that of the unknown'. In that case, isn't this man's very existence an embodiment of fear?

Soul ID lyrics are meant to be the words used to acknowledge oneself to gain power. But he hasn't acknowledged himself, he doesn't understand himself at all. Putting aside that he's a Human Anomaly, it's like his very existence is a living contradiction.

"And now, I shall end this." The masked man declares, I quickly snap back to reality.

Alma launches another electric attack at the masked man. But in that instant, I suddenly feel a weird sensation, like my bearings have changed.

"ARGHHHHHHH!" I scream in agony, as I'm struck by Alma's attack.

"YUICHI-KUN!" Shiori-sempai shouts from atop of the eagle. Alma has a blank look, wondering what just happened.

I notice the masked man is standing where I previously was. Did he switch our positions? Some sort of teleportation? Is that his Soul Technique? Because it happened all of a sudden, I couldn't react quick enough to block the attack.

"LOOK OUT!" I shout to Alma. The masked man is standing where I previously was, in Alma's blind spot. Wind gathers around the masked man's hand and forms a blade that is several metres long. Reacting to my voice, Alma dodges the blade, that was inches from piercing her heart.

I punch my shaking legs to will them, that lightning really laid a number on me. Blood seeps out between my lips and some sort of blue steam is leaking out from my body. The masked man takes out some kind of vial,

"Your soul fragments may prove useful at a later date." He says as the blue steam is drawn into the vial, that he quickly seals. What's he planning on doing with that stuff!? Soul fragments?

"How dare you do that to Yuichi-kun!" Shiori-sempai shouts. Several Soul Anomalies suddenly appear, each one shoots out numerous fireballs.

The masked man creates more orbs, each one collides with a fireball, blocking every attack. Several more orbs fly at the Soul Anomalies and explode in their faces, disintegrating them.

Alma launches another lightning attack against the masked man. But he suddenly switches positions with Alma. Her attack hits nothing but air,

Wait, those are, "Get away from there!" I scream,

*BOOM BOOM!* The orbs that the masked man planted before switching their positions explode on Alma at point blank. Alma, who didn't even have time to scream, falls bloodily to the ground.

"ALMA!" Shiori-sempai shouts in horror from the horrific sight.

The masked man without letting up, suddenly creates a huge dark sphere.

That sphere isn't a Reaper technique. Does he have another Soul Technique other than teleporting? I was told each Human Anomaly only has one. What's going on here? And what's he planning on doing with that thing!?

As if to answer my question, the dark sphere expands to about three metres in diameter, the masked man then throws it into the air.

"WHA!? I'm being pulled in!" Shiori-sempai shouts in shock. That sphere has some sort of gravitational pull!

"NOOO!" Shiori-sempai falls off her eagle and is dragged into the dark sphere. The masked man releases several of his explosive orbs that like Shiori-sempai, are attracted into the centre of the dark sphere.

"Shit, from within he's going to!?" I quickly send as much of my silver into the sphere as I can, please make it in time.

*BOOOOOOM!* One huge explosion forcefully expands the sphere which dissipates. Shiori-sempai's limp body falls towards the ground head first. Ignoring the intensive pain coursing though my body, I dive with my arms stretched out, catching her. I cushion her fall with my body. Pulling this stunt should hurt badly, but I can't feel any more pain. I check Sempai's vitals. Good, she's alive, barely.

"You forced your silver into my gravity ball, and made her wear it like a suit of armour." The masked man analyses, "Well done keeping her alive."

"YOU! HOW COULD YO..." As I begin to release my frustrations, I notice a similar sensation as before, my body losing its bearings.

I quickly look around and see that we've switched positions again. He's holding Shiori-sempai in his arms. Not only that, he's left me with a deadly gift. I quickly manifest my silver as a suit of armour. *BOOM!* More of his orbs explode. My armour takes most of the shock, but I am still badly shaken. I fall to my knees, my legs have reached their limit. I stare powerlessly at the masked man, my vision distorts and blurs.

"Who are you? What are you after? Why can you use multiple Soul Techniques." I weakly ask.

The masked man takes Shiori-sempai's Soul Slayer and drops her unconscious body onto the floor, before turning to me. "Who I am is of no importance. I'm also unable to use multiple Soul Techniques, my ability is to imitate the Soul Techniques of others. Thanks to this, I have amassed a number of unique powers."

The power to use the power of others, so that's why.

"Theoretically speaking, during this battle, I also gained your ability of Silver Manifestation, there was just little reason for me to use it." The masked man explains in his usual tone "As for what I'm after. I want to find my emotions and become whole. Everything I do is to stimulate a way to draw out my own emotions. If I see something horrific will I be scared? if I find someone dear will I feel love? The current me that has only logic, cannot be called complete."

"Then why did you attack us?"

"I require Voynich-Caduceus for a future experiment that I believe will give me what I want. My work here is done, so I'll be taking me leave."

The masked man turns away and walks off, I can't stay awake any longer.

The floor cools my face as my mind falls into the depths of darkness.

Chapter 19D: United Front Against A Common Enemy – On Masters Orders (Perspective: Wolfy)

I run as fast as my legs can carry me. Master ordered me to assist Alicia-sama and I intend to do just that. My anxiety increases every second, please be safe.

I finally reach the two, Alicia-sama is on the floor, defeated. The other woman doesn't even have a scratch, was the difference in level this large? Master's intuition was right on the money.

"Farewell, Alicia." The woman says with a faint smile. Many dozens of flaming boulders begin to rain down towards her. I quickly shoot my fireballs and cover Alicia-sama with my body. The many fragments scratch my legs and body, but I won't let even a pebble hit my Master's fiancé.

"Wolfy!" Alicia-sama says in shock.

"Master ordered me to aid you. He was worried about you." I explain.

"Yuichi was?" Alicia-sama's face turns red. The two of you are truly meant for each other.

Someone else then suddenly walk onto the battlefield, it's the man wearing the mask, he's holding the staff Master's Sempai had, in his hand. The fact that he's here, did something happen to Master and the others!?

"Carrisa, we've achieved our objective, we're leaving." He orders.

"Understood." She nods then turns to us. "Pray that our paths don't cross again, Alicia." She smiles gently as her body slowly fades along with the masked man.

Alicia-sama forces herself to stand whilst using my body as support, "Let's get back to Yuichi." She says weakly.

Chapter 19E: United Front Against A Common Enemy – Epilogue And The Girl Left Behind (Perspective: Akane)

I was left outside the dimension, Alicia-san said that it was too dangerous for me, so I had to wait here. I eventually notice several familiar faces.

But they're all heavily injured. I run to them as fast as I can "Yuichi, Shiori-sempai!" They're both unconscious and are being carried on the backs of Wolfy and the other slayer. Alicia-san is also walking unsteadily. "Are you all okay?" I ask.

"Well, we're all alive at least." Alicia-san answers with a frustrated voice.

"Shiori needs medical attention so I'll be withdrawing for now." You look as if you need it as well, "But mark my words, Alicia. I shall settle the score with all of you soon." She states before running off, she might have looked cool if she wasn't running in the opposite direction from the hospital.

"We should leave too." Alicia-san says in a quiet voice. Just what on earth happened inside there?

4. cud-b-better

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 20A: Alicia and Alma's Past - Confrontation

A few days have passed since the battle with that masked man. My wounds for the most part are fully healed. There was something I wanted to hear from my fiancé, so I asked if I could come see her. She agreed without any problem, but she did seem somewhat depressed over the phone.

"So what is it that you wanted to talk about so badly?" She asks as I sit myself on her sofa and take the tea she offers me.

"That girl who has Gungnir-Mjölnir, you know her don't you, Alicia?" I cut straight to the point. "And not just her, that Reaper who was with that masked bastard."

"So it's about that? I figured as much." Alicia says with a sullen sigh. "All right Yuichi, I don't feel like talking for too long today, so which one do you want to hear about more? Alma or Carrisa?"

So she's only willing to tell me about one of them, I guess it's less about not wanting to talk, than it is being too painful for her to talk.

"Then tell me about Alma, the Reaper isn't the immediate threat right now. Plus, that Alma girl sent me this letter of challenge." I answer, the time stated is tonight, so I have very little time.

"You got one as well then?" Alicia responds. As well'? Meaning Alicia also got one. Does Alma plan on taking both of us on at once?

"Carrisa only fought against us because it turned out that way, but Alma bears a deep grudge." I supplement.

"Yeah, you're right. Alma hates Anomalies and Reapers with a passion." Alicia answers with a sad smile, I can tell this isn't going to be a pleasant story.

After a few moments of silence Alicia places her tea down onto the table, like she has made up her mind.

"Alma is a girl of Spanish descent, but I met her in Rome eight years ago. That day, I had an argument with my dad about something trivial. But I ran away from home in tears, and I found myself lost in the human world."

Chapter 20B: Alicia and Alma's Past – Flashback (Perspective: Alicia) (Eight Years Ago)

"Where am I?" I ask, but no one answers. Everyone just keeps moving, like I'm invisible.

My body's shaking, but I won't cry. I'm a big girl now, I won't cry.

"Mum, Dad, Lilicia." I walk aimlessly, as water drops from my eyes.

"Are you crying?" A girl's voice asks. I turn to look at her, she's about the same age as me and is wearing a mischievous smile.

"I'm not crying!" I shout back "I'm an adult, adults don't cry!"

"You so are!"

"Am NOT!" The water gathering in my eyes flows out even more as I scream at the girl.

The girl walks up to me and grabs my hand, "Lets go play." She says with an innocent smile.

"Huh?" Before I can say no, she leads and drags me off down the streets and to a park.

She forces me onto one side of a sea-saw and takes the other end herself. As I go up and down, the water in my eyes slowly starts to clear, and is replaced with a smile.

We continue to play together in the park until the sun goes down.

"Ah, it's getting dark." She says in a disappointed voice as she stares up into the night sky.

"Alma~~!" A voice calls. We both look on Running up to Alma is a girl about sixteen years old with tanned skin just like Almas and long dark hair that's tied back.

"Nee-sama!" Alma shouts back happily with a smile, but it quickly turns to a pout upon her eyes laying on someone else.

"We've been looking everywhere for you." Says a teenage boy running by the older girl's side. He has long crimson hair styled into dreadlocks and is dressed very roughly.

"Booo~~ Shuren isn't good enough to be Nee-sama's partner." Alma says with a defiant voice. But what does she mean 'partner'?

"You damn brat!" Shuren's face distorts in anger.

"ALMA! The fact of Shuren not being a suitable partner for me aside. I believe I taught you better than to insult people where it hurts." Alma's Nee-sama scolds.

"Uh, Nadia. You're not making me feel any better." Shuren says with an almost crying expression.

Seeing this scene I feel left out, I turn away as I prepare to walk out the park. But a familiar feeling enters my hand, and Alma drags me over.

"Nee-sama, Alicia's lost, can we take her home with us?" Alma asks pleadingly. What, am I suppose to be a stray dog!? I look onto the older girl who looks at me for a moment before saying.

"You're Alma's friend?" She asks, I give a light nod in response. "Then it's okay with me." She says decisively whilst giving me a thumbs up, she's really easy going.

"Taking a girl home you don't even know, you really are strange, Nadia." Shuren states with a sigh. "OWWW!" Alma kicks him in the shin.

"Alicia is my friend, butt out Shuren!" She says with an angry glare.

"You fucking brat! If you weren't Nadia's little sister then I would!" Shuren curses.

Alma's sister ignores them and turns to me.

"I'm Nadia Ivana, Alma's older sister. The guy over there with red hair is Shuren Azusa." She introduces with an innocent smile.

"I'm Alicia Pandemonium." I reply. Nadia-san's smile widens after my introduction.

"Then Alma, Alicia-chan, Let's go home." Nadia-san says as she takes our hands and leads us down the street.

"Your house is in the opposite direction, Nadia." Shuren says as he shakes his head from side to side.

"Ah, of course I knew that." She says as her face turns bright red. "I was just testing you, Shuren. Well done, you got an 'A plus'"

"Just testing me, of course." Shuren says sarcastically.

"Nee-sama complimented you, show some gratitude Shuren!" Alma shouts as she runs up to Shuren and...

"OWWWW!" Kicks him in the shin again.

"That does it!" Shuren chases after Alma, but he can't catch her. Watching him relentlessly chase after a girl half his size with little success only increases his pitifulness.

"Come on Alma knock it off, Shuren I'll cook us up a feast, so please calm down will you?" Nadia-san compromises, probably to save what little remained of Shuren's pride.

"Nadia's home made cooking?" Shuren says, his face is almost too happy. Is Nadia-san's cooking that good?

After making several more wrong turns, that Shuren pointed out. We finally arrived at a small but clean house.

"Here we are." Nadia-san says with a smile. "I think I've never made it back as quick as I have done today." Just how bad is her sense of direction?

"It means we're improving, Nee-sama." Alma says in a congratulating tone. Shuren wears a face that seems to be saying 'it's because I led you here'.

We enter the house together. The interior is clean as well, but the size is nowhere near the size of my house.

"Alma, you're both all sweaty, go take a bath with Alicia-chan. It's going to take a while to prepare dinner." Nadia-san suggests.

"Yes, Nee-sama." Alma agrees as she grabs my hand and leads me upstairs. Do these siblings have some fetish for dragging people about?

We both undress and enter the bath together, the warm water eases my tired body.

"Take that!" Alma screams as she splashes me.

"I'll get you for that!" I splash back.

We cheerfully continue to play in the bath, rather than cleansing ourselves. Eventually, I get out before Alma, and walk downstairs, I overhear a voice.

"Nadia, you know that Alicia girl isn't human right?" Shuren asks. Do they know my true identity?

I press my ear against the wall, trying to catch what they say.

"She's a being similar to that of a Human Anomaly, this is different from Ark's case. If you keep her here, she will attract Anomalies to herself that will place you and Alma in danger. You should get rid of her before that happens, Nadia." The only voice that's coming through the walls is Shurens. Nadia is remaining silent. 'Get rid of'? Are they planning on killing me!? My body tenses in fear, I want to go home.

"Why isn't Nee-sama saying anything back!?" An angry voice asks rhetorically, I turn to face its owner. Standing there, also listening in is Alma. "Alicia's my friend, get rid of her? I won't let them." Alma grabs my hand and we run out the house together.

The sky is pitch black and full of clouds, we continue running until we eventually find the park where the two of us played together.

We sit underneath the slide, the blistering cold air cuts through me like a knife.

"I can't believe them!? Even Nee-sama!" Alma screams out her feelings of anger. Her shoulders are shaking, I can't tell whether this is from anger or the cold.

"Alma..." I say as I place my hand on her.

"Alicia is my friend." Alma reconfirms, I nod back with a smile, that Alma returns.

It's at that moment, I feel something terrifying. Suddenly a black void appears and out walks a certain existence, that is...

"An Anomaly!" I shout, and it's not an ordinary one either. Looking at it's huge body that has body parts that don't match together, almost like several jigsaw puzzles have been mixed with each other and pieced together randomly. "A Chimera Anomaly?" A Soul Anomaly made up of several other Anomalies fused together. What is a monster that is rarer than rare even in the Underworld doing in the human world!? Alma shakes in fear, as she looks on in horror at the grotesque being that words cannot describe.

""""So...It was you who were calling me...Silver haired girl..."""" It says as it turns it's many heads and eyes towards me, all the heads speak creepily in sync. """"Your souls, are mine.""""

"It's after you?" Alma says in a horrified voice as she looks at me.

""""ITADAKIMASU!"""" The Chimera Anomaly screams as it opens it's many wide jaws.

"AHHHHHHH!" I scream in terror as I shield my eyes with my arms.

A flash of lightning lights up the night sky and suddenly hits the Chimera Anomaly's huge body """"GRAAAHHH!"""" It yelps painfully.

"Alma, Alicia-chan, are you okay?" Nadia-san's voice shouts out.

"Nee-sama!" Alma calls back as she sheds a magnitude of tears.

I then notice a golden weapon that has the head of a spear and a hammer on opposite ends.

Noticing my gaze, Nadia-san smiles. "This is Gungnir-Mjölnir, it's my Soul Slayer. Well, I guess you might not understand. Anyway, both of you get back, I'll handle this."

Obeying Nadia-san's orders Alma and I run away from the Chimera Anomaly and watch on from behind Nadia-san.

""""A Soul Slayer, such a problematic thing."""" The Chimera Anomaly states.

"It's my first time seeing a Anomaly capable of speaking." Nadia-san says as she spins her weapon around.

""""GRAHH!"""" Another lightning bolt strikes the Chimera Anomaly.

"You're one tough cookie." Nadia-san says as she grinds her teeth together.

""""I am made up of several million souls. It does not matter if you destroy one or two of them."""" The Chimera Anomaly replies confidently. Nadia-san's attacks, although they hurt it, they aren't causing it any major damage.

""""Now it's our turn!"""" The Chimera Anomaly announces.

Nadia-san tightens her grip on Gungnir-Mjölnir, bracing herself for an incoming attack. The Chimera Anomaly lunges forth using its tail that looks like a scorpion's. Nadia-san quickly dodges to the side and it pierces the ground instead.

Just when I thought Nadia-san was safe, more scorpion tails start sprouting out of the first one, and even more came out of them, similar to a tree branch of scorpion tails.

"TCH!" Nadia-san grunts as she dodges the attacks with acrobatic movements. But the scorpion tails continue homing in on her with nimble movements.

Nadia-san spins her Soul Slayer around one hundred and eighty degrees to the spearhead. Lightning gathers around the spearhead and forms an extension to it. Creating a spearhead about five metres long made out of pure lightning.

""""GRAGHHH!"""" The Chimera growls in pain as Nadia-san severs its tails.

"Here I come," Nadia-san states as she runs towards the Chimera.

The Chimera Anomaly opens several of its mouths.

""""BRAHHH!"""" All the heads make a awful vomiting like sound as a immense number of creatures crawl out of its mouths. They all land and start slithering along the floor. Snakes? And there's got to be close to a thousand of them.

Nadia-san sweeps and cleaves up all the snakes within range of her lightning spear. The snakes when they get close enough pounce towards Nadia-san with unhinged jaws, trying to latch onto her neck, but none are able to do so. Just as I am able to feel that Nadia-san will be all right against the snakes...

"KYAAA!" I suddenly hear Alma's scream, I turn around to find that several snakes are attacking us instead. I was concentrating so much on Nadia-san's predicament I didn't pay any attention to any of my surroundings.

"ALMA! ALICIA-CHAN!" Nadia-san also noticing our danger is quick to react the spear's lightning blade disappears and she turns it round to the hammerhead segment, *BANG!* She slams it against the ground and lightning falls from the sky.

""""GRAHHH!"""" The snakes attacking us are instantly incinerated. We're safe, I relax my breathing from the relief, but then.

"GUHHH!" Nadia-san grunts. When I turn round I notice several threads wrapped around Nadia-san's limbs. And whilst she's unable to move. "ARGGGGHHHHH!" She screams as a snake bites her.

"NEE-SAMA!" Alma shouts in horror. I on the other hand cannot even open my mouth, the fear halts my voice.

As the snake falls off Nadia-san's arm, I notice something wrong with it. The upper half of her arm where she was bitten has petrified, it's turned to stone.

""""You let your guard down whilst you were protecting the brats."""" The Chimera mocks. """"You won't be able to fight the way you want in that state.""""

"Yeah, I Guess I can't beat you with ordinary moves." Nadia-san says with a face of regret as she looks at her petrified arm. She then turns to me and Alma, smiling as tears flow from her eyes. "Alma, grow up into the great woman that I wasn't able to, and tell Shuren...that I love him."

"Nee-sama? What are you saying?" Alma asks in a quivering voice.

""""Become part of me!"""" The Chimera Anomaly screams as it throws Nadia's body limply into the air via the threads, it then closes it's jaws around Nadia-san, swallowing her whole.

"NADIA-SAN!", "NEE-SAMA!" Alma and I scream at the scene.

Then, from within the Chimera Anomaly.

"BUT EVEN IN THIS STATE! I CAN STILL USE THIS! SOUL MARTYR!" Nadia-san's voice leaks out from within the Chimera. Several flashes of light shine through the gaps in the Chimera Anomaly's jaws.

""""DAMN! YOU!"""" The Anomaly curses as it spits out Nadia-san's limp unconscious body. """"You shattered your own soul into pieces and had them fuse with my own! You're planning on destroying me like a cancer!""""

*COUGH COUGH!* All the heads spit out immense amounts of black blood.

""""CURSE YOU!"""" It yells one more time before it disappears into a dark void, I can no longer feel it's presence.

"NEE-SAMA!" Alma tearfully runs and cradles her older sister's body. "Nee-sama, you defeated that huge monster, please open your eyes. I can't thank you if you're sleeping." Alma's shock causes her to defy reality. Tears flow down my cheeks as I watch Alma continuously try to wake up her sister in vain. I know, Nadia-san will never open her eyes again, I'm sure Alma also realises this.

"Alma..." I quietly call to my friend. As I try to place my hand on her shoulder Alma slaps it away and looks at me with anger filled eyes.

"That thing, was after you! How could you do this to us!? To Nee-sama!?" She screams at me, my body stiffens, her previously pure eyes are now nothing but a haven of anger.

"I'm...sorry..." My eyes tear, "I didn..."

"Nee-sama's DEAD! Do you think a sorry can undo what you've done!? GET LOST YOU MONSTER!" Alma shouts, as she picks up a stone and throws it at me.

It hits me in the face, blood flows from the cut. But I feel no physical pain, my heart hurts too much to care. The eyes Alma is looking at me with right now, I'll never forget them.

"I'm sorry..." I say one more time as I walk away in tears, rain droplets shower onto my skin and roll down my face, almost as if my own tears are not enough to convey my feelings.

I turn one last time towards Alma, who has returned to cradling Nadia-san's body in tears. I turn my back again and walk out the park.

Eventually Sebastian found me crying and took me back home to the Underworld.

Chapter 20C: Alicia and Alma's Past – Yuichi's Unheard Promise

"And that's what happened." Alicia says in a voice that seems to be trying to keep her negative emotions in check. "In order to save us, Nadia-san used a technique that transmigrates her soul into an eternal conductor for Gungnir-Mjölnir's lightning and fused her soul fragments with the Chimera."

"Alicia, I maybe a bit late in saying this, but none of that was your fault." I say, trying to comfort my fiancé, even just a little.

"It doesn't change the result, Yuichi." She replies solemnly. Before putting on a strong front that is very transparent. "Anyway, Yuichi. This is my problem, I must clear up my own mess, so leave Alma to me, she means busin...URGH!"

"Forgive me." I apologise as I withdraw my fist that I used to knock out Alicia. I catch her body in my arms before she falls to the floor and carry her to her bed.

"Protecting the feelings of the bride, is the grooms job." I state as I pull the blanket over Alicia's body.

There's no way someone as beautiful as I would let you carry such a burden alone.

"I promise you, Alicia. I shall end this in a way so that everyone cries tears of happiness."

5. cud-b-better

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 21: Yuichi Vs Alma

The time for the duel is close, I slowly walk into the park that Alma designated as the venue. The park is vacant of people, apart from one, who is swinging gently back and forth on the swing. The challenge letter mentioned that there would be no interruptions, so I'm guessing she erected some sort of barrier to keep civilians away.

"Just you?" The tanned skin girl asks as she continues to swing back and forth on the swing.

"I'm not so cruel as to have my fiancé fight an old friend," I say with a bitter smile before changing the subject, "Is Shiori-sempai going to be okay?"

"Thanks to you, her life is not in danger. However, her injuries will take a long time to heal." Alma explains, "For saving my friend's life, you have my sincere gratitude, Yuichi Shiro." Alma jumps off of the swing and walks over to me, Gungnir-Mjölnir is in her hand. "However, this and that, are two very different matters. For as long as you exist, Anomalies will continue being drawn into the living world. I cannot allow any more tragedies to occur."

"Alicia told me what happened between the two of you." I admit, "Surely you must realise she didn't want that to happen any more than you did. Why must you treat her like this? Even I can tell that Alicia still considers you her friend. How can you continue to hate someone like that!?"

"When I was a child, I did indeed bear a grudge against Alicia. However, that has long since passed, what I hate now isn't Alicia, but her type of existence. Reapers create Human Anomalies, and throw them back into the living world. Reapers and Anomalies are the enemies of the church. At the end of the day, this is a war, we Slayers versus them. For as long as I hold this Gungnir-Mjölnir, I shall purify all impurities!" Alma explains.

"What a stupid reason." I state coldly as I manifest my silver sword. I had activated Silver Manifestation before entering the park. "I shall pull that stupid reason right from under you!"

Alma spins her Soul Slayer in a circle and points the hammer segment at me. "It's a shame, Yuichi Shiro. If you were a regular human, I feel we could've been friends." Alma states before charging towards me with her Soul Slayer, I can see the electricity discharging through it. I also run towards her, swiftly closing the distance between us.

Alma swings the hammer horizontally towards me. I swiftly jump back and avoid it. Alma, in mid swing with Gungnir-Mjölnir, spins her Soul Slayer around in her hand to the spear segment. Lightning quickly surrounds Gungnir-Mjölnir's spearhead, creating a extended spearhead made of lightning several metres long.

Crap! The hammer was just a feint. I quickly create a wall of silver to intercept the lightning spear.

*BZZTTT!* I see the intense lightning run through the silver wall. I'd have been in serious trouble if that lightning did hit me. Alma's Soul Slayer is truly scary. I breakdown and reshape the silver wall. I make the silver take the forms of several javelins.

"GOOO!" I scream as I launch the javelins at Alma, who simply swings her lightning spear. Suddenly my javelins are forced back and pierce the ground before disappearing.

"What the hell did she do just now!?" I ask myself, she never hit the javelins, nor was it a shock wave. Alma dashes towards me once more whilst I'm in a state of shock. "Damn! I have no time to think about this!" First things first, I need to counter her long reach.

I quickly manifest more silver and have it surround my sword. Now in my hands, is a silver sword that rivals the length of Alma's Gungnir-Mjölnir with the lightning spear included. Thanks to my Silver manifestation ability, I can manipulate the silver I create. By using this aspect, I take the weight off of the silver by levitating it slightly with my mind. I'm just going to use my hands to help direct the trajectory of my colossal silver blade.

"It's meaningless!" Alma states as she charges with her lightning spear, Gungnir-Mjölnir. I swing my huge silver sword down overhead, Alma positions her lightning spear ready to stop my attack. Just before my sword collides with her electricity, knowing full well she's planning on running the electricity through my silver sword into me, I have my silver sword shatter off at the hilt.

"WHAT!?" Alma shouts in shock. The silver heading towards her is no longer in contact with me, so running electricity through it will accomplish nothing. Plus, lightning isn't tangible, you won't be able to block my silver with it.

I quickly have the broken blade of silver that is falling towards Alma reshape itself just like the wall from before. She would just dodge the falling blade in its current state, so I need to manipulate this chance whilst her guard's down.

"Silver Rain!" I call out the attack name that I make up on the spot, as the huge shrapnel's of silver shoot down at Alma.

Alma jumps around acrobatically, dodging all of my random attacks at a hairs breathe. I quickly manipulate the hilt I'm still holding into the shape of a knife. I throw it at Alma, who is too busy dodging my 'Silver Rain' to notice.

"ARGHHHH!" She screams as my silver knife pierces through her unsuspecting arm. I must admit, that was a bit dirty of me, but she's not the kind of opponent I can take lightly.

*Bang! Bang! Bang!* My 'Silver Rain' continues raining down onto Alma. My view's obstructed by a huge cloud of dust covering the area from the many impacts with the ground. I hope Alma didn't die in that last attack. I look on in worry as the dust slowly clears, silently praying that Alma is safe.

*BOOOM*

"URGGHHHHHH!" I scream in agony and fall onto my knees. The sky just suddenly flashed, and the next thing I know, I'm in severe pain.

*Cough! Cough!* Blood and blue steam pour out of my mouth and body respectively. The dust clears in the distance revealing Alma with the hammer segment of her Soul Slayer wedged into the ground. Blood is pouring out of her arm where my knife stabbed her, and her clothes are ripped in several places. So, she called down a lightning bolt whilst she was dodging my Silver Rain. Both her skills and tenaciousness are impressive.

*Cough Cough!* Damn, of course. That lightning is a soul slaying technique, making it highly effective against me. I slowly struggle myself back onto my staggering feet as I wipe the blood from my mouth.

"You're a pretty tough guy aren't you?" Alma says in surprise.

"Right back at you." I answer defiantly.

"HM!" She grunts, "However, since my lightning hit you, I'm at the complete advantage." She proudly proclaims.

"Stop acting like you're fine, my last attack still left one hell of a mark on you!" I shout back.

Alma, ignores her wounded arm, and walks to a tree. She stabs the spear segment into it before turning back around to face me. What's she planning? "I wasn't referring to the damage aspect, although, even there, I think I'm still in the lead." She states. I hate to admit it, but she's right. Her attack is affecting me a lot worse than mine is against her.

"Tell me Yuichi Shiro, do you know about the poles on a magnet?" Alma randomly asks. Poles? Is she referring to the north and south poles? "My last attack with the Mjölnir part of my Soul Slayer did more than give your soul intensive damage through it's lightning. It gave your body a huge south pole charge." She states, "Now, if I were to give this tree a north pole charge with the Gungnir part of my Soul Slayer. What do you think would happen?" Alma asks, a smile leaking out onto her face.

Oh god, no! I recall back to my physics lessons, and the relationship between the north and south poles on a magnet.

"FUCK!" I scream, as Alma runs a current into the tree.

My body begins to be pulled forward like there's an invisible rope attached to my waist that is being pulled. I quickly manifest my silver and have it wrap around my ankles before anchoring the silver deep into the ground.

"URGHH!" The pulling force on my body is so painful it feels like I'm being ripped in two.

"The north and south poles are unable to be kept apart, Yuichi Shiro." Oh, please, don't tell me. "If you refuse to go to the tree, then the tree will..." The huge tree begins to uproot itself from the ground, freeing itself. "Go to you."

"CRAPPP!" I scream, as the huge bark of wood flies towards me at high velocity. I quickly unanchor myself from the ground, but keep the silver wrapped around my ankles. I manipulate the silver to levitate upwards along with me, dodging the high speed incoming tree.

"Shit! It's coming after me!" I did consider this happening, but it's scary to actually see. Hm. Wait, if this tree follows me, then...

I jump high into the air over Alma's head, placing her between me and the tree.

"Do you take for a fool!?" She asks coldly. Just as the tree is about to hit Alma she somersaults over it, spinning her Soul Slayer she swings the spear segment towards the tree, mid-jump. Almost like the tree was a golf ball being hit by a club.

"WHAT! Isn't it going faster than before!?" Just what on earth did she do?

I once again dodge the incoming tree.

"Don't you know, Yuichi Shiro? When the two same poles on a magnet touch, what happens?"

"They repel!" I reply back in realisation. This new information solves several mysteries. The reason my silver lances were deflected was because she gave them a pole charge, she then used the same pole to deflect them. The reason behind the tree speeding up is because she used the same pole with her Soul Slayer repelling it towards me, making there not one, but two forces acting on it.

Her Soul Slayer's ability is even more terrifying than I first thought. I dodge the tree for the umpteenth time.

"You're really annoying ME!" I scream as I manifest and manipulate my silver I send a innumerable amount of silver stakes into the bark of the tree. The silver conducts the lightning out of the tree, making it lose its magnetic charge and fall to the ground.

"Very clever," Alma praises, "However, if your silver conducts the charge in the tree..." Before Alma can finish all the silver within the tree flies towards me, the same pole charge running through them. However, this is my silver, not a tree. Before any of the silver can hit me, it dissipates.

"I created that silver, having it disappear is all too easy." I explain proudly.

"But your body still has a south pole charge." Alma states as she spins Gungnir-Mjölnir around in a circle. Swinging the Spear end in a arc, a stream of lightning discharges out of her Soul Slayer and heads towards me. Using the silver attached to my ankles to help speed me up, I dive to one side, dodging the lightning, but then...The lightning swiftly changes direction, I quickly figure out the reason, and create a wall of silver to protect myself from the lightning

*BRRR!* The sparks from the wall screech. I quickly have the wall disappear before it starts homing in on me from the pole charge in the lightning.

"So, you can have your lightning home in on me thanks to the south pole charge!?" I analyse.

"That's correct." Alma admits.

I quickly get onto my feet and hold out my hand, I create a ice ball and shoot it at Alma, who quickly dodges and swings her spear again, creating more lightning from the tip. "Distance combat isn't going to help me out against this girl." I say quietly to myself as I erect another silver wall to protect me from the lightning whilst continuing to run and close the distance. I create a silver sword in my hand in preparation to slash at Alma, who simply spins around her Soul Slayer to the hammer segment. Before I can get in striking distance she swings the hammer horizontally and my body is forced backwards by some invisible force.

"She repelled me by using the same pole." I analyse to myself. However, I've now confirmed my suspicions. Alma spins her Soul Slayer back to the spear segment and launches a stream of lightning. I jump into the air, the lightning follows, I create another silver wall to defend me and then have it disappear. Whilst in mid-air, I quickly create two blocks of ice at my feet, now I have some foot holes I can use. I kick off with all my remaining strength, the lightning strike I took before, and all the running around, is starting to take its toll on me. I need to finish this now!

Alma spins Gungnir-Mjölnir around to the hammer segment. Like before, she seems intent on repelling me. "DON'T YOU LEARN!? YOU CAN'T GET NEAR ME!" She shouts, her voice is full of exhaustion, the blood loss and constant manoeuvres must have tired her out as well. A drawn out battle isn't good for either of us.

Alma swings her hammer, I create a silver wall behind me to brace myself against the repulsion force.

"WHAT!?" Alma shouts in shock. The reason isn't because of the wall. A huge silver projectile is flying towards her at high speed. The same silver I kept using to guard from her lightning strikes.

"You didn't release your manifestation!?" Alma realises as my attack approaches. I noticed the weakness to her Soul Slayer. It truly is very similar to a magnet. When she repels attacks, she always uses the same end of her Soul Slayer she used to give it a pole charge. That's why every time she repelled me, she used the hammer end rather than the spear. The hammer segment has a south pole charge, meaning it will repel other things that have a south pole charge, in this case me. However, the silver walls I used to defend myself, were hit with lightning from the spear end, giving them a north pole charge. Because she's using the hammerhead to try and repel me, who is the same south pole. I released and recombined all the silver fragments that were stuck to my body due to the north pole charge they received. It is now being attracted to Alma's south pole side, the hammer end of her Soul Slayer. Her weakness is that she can only use one of her Soul Slayers poles at once.

Alma quickly turns Gungnir-Mjölnir around to the spearhead segment, she intends to reflect the silver back at me. However, you've now switched to the north pole side of your Soul Slayer, and considering I'm still south pole charged. I kick off the silver wall with all my might to increase the momentum and the pull of the attraction. As the silver mass I launched at Alma is pushed back at me, before it collides with me, this time, I truly do dissipate the silver. The silver that previously attached to my body still had soul destroying electricity running through it, due to my immense pain I barely noticed it though. But there's no point in causing myself needless harm.

"WHAT!" Alma shouts in shock as the silver she thought would most likely have finished me off disappears. I told you, having it disappear is all too easy.

The momentum of the attracting force plus my own pushing force makes me fly down like a bullet. Suddenly, just before I'm pulled into being impaled by the spearhead, I rotate my body at high speed with help from the silver on my ankles, narrowly missing the spear by inches. Before Alma can spin her Soul Slayer back around.

"KAPOWWW!" I shout as I swing my fist directly into her face using the attracting force as an additional power up. Aren't you honoured Alma? To 'attract' the one and only Yuichi Shiro.

"URGGGGGGHHHH~~~!" The huge sudden force smashes her body into the ground, and sends it skidding along the floor.

Alma attempts to try and get back up to her feet but, "URGH...My body...won't move." She states whilst gritting her teeth. Well, isn't that one of the most typical cliché lines?

I slowly walk over and pick up her fallen Soul Slayer from the ground.

"Finish me off." She says in resignation whilst closing her eyes.

Finish you? Quit joking around. I promised Alicia I'd finish this in a way that would make everyone happy.

"Before, you stated that the church is at war with the Reapers and Anomalies, right?" I ask in confirmation.

"What of it?" Alma asks weakly. I guess I'll take that as a confirmation.

"Alma Ivana! Today, as of this moment, you are hereby my prisoner of war! You have no right to refuse!" I proclaim.

This girl, ever since I met her, I've had my suspicions, and just before this fight, I was able to confirm them. Her hatred towards Reapers and Anomalies, I get the feeling it's more of an obligatory hatred with her being a Slayer. She said so herself, she had long since forgiven Alicia, she just hated her type of existence.

If her hatred is rooted in a 'obligation', I just have to remove the said 'obligation'.

"What!?" Alma questions with what little strength she has left.

I then recall something else she said, "For as long as I hold this Gungnir-Mjölnir I shall purify all impurities!"

"Until further notice, I'll be confiscating this." I declare as I wave her Soul Slayer around. I then walk over and place my hand on her neck, I believe this is the right pressure point. "For now, sleep." I order.

"Urgh!" With a good squeeze, Alma slowly closes her eyes.

[​IMG]

"Jeez, whether it be you, or Alicia, you just can't be honest, can you?" I say to the unconscious girl as I take out my phone and call a certain someone. "Hello, Father. I was wondering if you could do me a big favour." I quickly give my request to my father-in-law and hang up.

"Well, no point staying here. I get the feeling I'm going to have a lot to answer for. Time to face the music." I say in half resignation as I gently pick Alma off the ground and place her carefully over my shoulder.

I clap my hands together as I chant, "Our destination is Alicia's human world residence, connect." A magic circle appears beneath my feet. This is one of the Reaper spells I've learned from Kuro-san's blueprints, it's really useful.

My mind starts to feel a familiar sensation, I slowly close my eyes to embrace the following loss of conscientiousness. This feeling confirms to me that the battle is indeed over.

6. cud-b-better

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 22: The Underworld T.C. Grand Prix Prelude

A few days have passed since my fight against Alma. My physical wounds have all been healed. Although Alicia had numerous complaints after waking up. Luckily thanks to my secret weapon, aka dogeza, I was able to gain her forgiveness. I get the feeling she rather enjoyed looking down on me from above, I know that thanks to her short skirt I enjoyed looking from below.

Now, Alicia, Wolfy, Alma, and I have come down to the Underworld. Father asked me to participate in a special kind of race that happens in the Underworld once a year, as part of 'Team Pandemonium'.

"Are you excited, Yuichi-niisama?" Lilicia-chan asks whilst looking at me with her blue eyes. Lilicia-chan is also participating with us.

"Yeah, you could say that," I pat Lilicia-chan's silver haired head, "I also cannot ignore a request from Father."

"Why did I have to come!?" Alma asks with a voice full of displeasure. Her chocolate coloured face wearing a frown.

"You're our prisoner of war, you must be kept under surveillance. We couldn't leave you behind," I explain, "Just sit back and watch my beautiful..."

"ARGGGHHH!" Alma suddenly screams as the collar we fastened onto her neck turns red.

Oh, whoops, I did it again. Alma's body stiffens to the point she can't move a single muscle.

"Why did you make 'beautiful', a word you use on a daily basis, your keyword, Yuichi?" Alicia asks as she flicks her long silver hair, "Ixion."

"Hahhh." Alma breathes a sigh of relief after Alicia says her personal keyword 'Ixion'. The collar returns to it's green colour. In order to prevent Alma from causing any unnecessary trouble, we forcefully attached a special collar onto her neck. When certain individuals state their personal keywords the collar forces Alma into a state of paralysis, until another keyword is spoken to deactivate it. Unfortunately, I keep on activating it by accident. Truth be told, Father-in-law and I had to settle for just the collar, we wanted to go for the complete bondage set, but we were out voted.

I created this scenario to try and make Alicia and Alma make up, but unfortunately there hasn't been much progress.

"For me, the word 'beautiful'..." I begin - "ARGGHH!" - "...Is easy to remember."

"You did it again, Master." Wolfy says with a sigh, "Shazam."

Alma again is free from the restraint. "WILL YOU KNOCK IT OFF, YUICHI SHIRO!?" She screams as her fist rips through the air.

"URGGGHHH!" Whilst dodging Alma's attack I lose my footing and fall backwards, but not before trying to grab the nearest thing to try and self right myself.

"Kyaaa!" Lilicia-chan screams as my arm instinctively grabs her and we both fall down in a rough heap.

"Oww, oww. Sorry, are you okay, Lilicia-chan?" I ask as I turn to the girl under me.

Hm? What is this soft sensation?

"Nii...sama?" Lilicia-chan says with a weak voice, my hand, as you may have guessed, is on her chest. This feeling is sensational, I could never get tired of it.

"Lilicia-chan, can we stay like this for a while?" I ask.

Lilicia-chan's face turns red, "If...you...want..." She begins.

"GET OFF HER DAMN IT!"

"OWWWWWWW! Alicia! I don't have a foot fetish, so can you stop shoving yours into my face!?"

My face is my greatest pride and a treasure on the level of the crown jewels.

"Ha ha, you still have a long way too go, Yuichi-kun." A elegant voice says, we each turn to its owner.

"""Father!""" Alicia, Lilicia-chan, and I say in sync.

"Listen Yuichi-kun, you should have grabbed Alicia as well. The best defence is a strong offence. As soon as you have them both on the ground, you just need to make them feel good, then any possible resistance they have will disappear. It is at that point that you..."

"FATHER!" Alicia disturbs Father-in-law's words of wisdom. But I think I get the gist of it.

"I'll make you proud, Father." I state with a thumbs up, which Father returns.

"What kind of Father encourages someone to molest his daughters?" Alma asks in disgust.

Hey, watch your mouth! He's the great Yuichi Shiro's role model.

"I'm someone who wants only the best for my daughters." Father answers in a 'isn't it obvious' tone, "Anyway, are you three ready? It's almost time."

We all nod with looks of determination.

"Watch over Alma, Wolfy." I instruct.

"Yes, Master." He instantly replies.

Good boy, I'll give you a scooby snack later.

"Show them Pandemonium's greatness you three!" Father cheers. We all wave in response.

"Let's go you two." Alicia orders, as we walk to our ride.

After a few minutes we arrive in a maintenance area. My eyes are instantly drawn to the huge object in the centre. So that's a Tri-Capsule. The huge vehicle has three egg shaped parts to it, all of which are joint together and have the Pandemonium insignia painted on them. The bottom half of each capsule is metallic whilst the top half is transparent, but the material isn't glass. There are many ropes which look like safety measures in each capsule, but there aren't any seats inside. I did hear that you stand inside these vehicles. I guess they weren't aiming for comfort when they designed them.

"Everything is ready, Alicia-sama, Lilicia-sama, Yuichi-sama." A man who looks like an engineer says.

"Thanks for the hard work." Alicia replies. "Yuichi, you take that support." She orders whilst pointing at one of the capsules.

"All right, I'll let you have the glory of being the Linchpin." I say with a shrug.

"This is your first time, Nii-sama. Controlling the Tri-Capsule isn't that easy I'm afraid." Lilicia-chan explains as she walks through the transparent material and into the other support capsule. Alicia and I follow suit and enter our respective capsules. Several mechanics enter with me and place some sort of vest around me, and then they attach all the safety cables to the vest.

"Take this, Yuichi-sama." One of the mechanics hands me a headset. I quickly put it on.

"Testing 1, 2 ,3." Alicia's voice comes through. "During the race we will be using these to keep in constant contact with each other. Check your microphones."

"Lilicia here, no problems."

"Yuichi, the greatest person in existence, likewise, no problems."

"Have a mechanic check your headset Yuichi, it's spewing lies." Alicia retorts.

"Come on now, Onee-sama." Lilicia-chan's angelic voice is music to my ears.

Suddenly, an image of a wild looking guy holding two microphone to his mouth appears in mid air, this is all due to Underworld technology, something I dub 'Air TV'.

"It's finally that time of year again folks! THE T.C. GRAND PRIX!" The wild looking MC announces.

"OHHHHHHHH!" Many cheers scream together.

"I 'The man who needs no introduction' shall be your master of ceremonies!" He continues.

What kind of title is that?

CLAP CLAP CLAP! - A loud applause resounds.

"Now, for those who don't know the rules, allow me to explain." He says whilst pulling a holier than thou pose, I'll ignore it for now, I need to pay close attention to this part after all. "Each team has three members, one Linchpin and two Supports. During the race the two Supports are permitted to use any method of attack on opposing racers, whether this is reaper techniques or whatever, it's all allowed. If a Support takes so much damage, then their capsule will be forcefully disconnected from the pivotal capsule, the Linchpin. As long as the Linchpin is safe, the team is still in the race. But if the Linchpin takes enough damage, the Tri-Capsule will cease to function, and will be forcefully teleported out of the race. So protect your Linchpins for all you're worth Supports, if they go down, you're out. Oh, and one last thing, the Linchpins are forbidden from using any techniques, so they have to rely on their Supports for both offence and defence. Any attempt on the Linchpin's part to use any techniques, is instant disqualification."

So basically put, if Alicia is defeated, we lose.

"Now let me introduce you to some of the notable teams," The image changes from the MC, to me, Alicia, and Lilicia-chan, "First off is Team Pandemonium, made up of the two Pandemonium sisters and Alicia-sama's fiancé, Yuichi Shiro-san. The man who became a celebrity in just one visit to the Underworld! He even has his own cheering section in the crowd!" The MC announces.

What, really!?

The image changes from us, to a large group of people, I can just make out the back profile of Kuro-san, the man who trained me, he is waving around a stick similar to a conductor of an orchestra.

"YUICHI! YUICHI! OH! OH! OHHHH-!" The cheerleaders (which are all guys) scream together.

"Why do they have to thrust their pelvises back and forth together in sync with the 'Oh's?" Alicia asks through the headset.

"Apparently this cheer, the 'Yuichi Shout', was inspired by a comment made by Yuichi Shiro-san to change Elizabeth Cerberus-sama's 'Oh ho ho' to 'Oh oh ohhh-'" The MC explains, almost as if he heard Alicia's question.

Oh yeah, I did say that, didn't I?

"YUICHI! OH! YUICHI! OHHH!" The screams become disorientated.

Huh? That's!?

The cheerleaders pelvis thrusts are slightly delayed from left to right, this is!

"A Mexican wave version of the Yuichi Shout!" I scream in shock.

Kuro-san, to come up with, and direct such a complicated move so well, you are truly a frightening individual.

"The next is one of the crowd's favourites, the triplets of Team Thanatos." The image changes to three people who look identical to each other, "These three are the younger siblings of the genius Tri-Capsule Linchpin Carrisa Thanatos-sama. Unfortunately Carrisa-sama is still missing." The MC announces, the truth about Carrisa is still being kept a secret from the general public. Only the three main families and Hades knows the truth about Carrisa and the masked man. "That is one hell of a huge legacy to live up to, Carrisa-sama won every race she participated in. But how will the siblings do in action! I'm looking forward to it."

The three cyan haired triplets who look around the same age as Lilicia-chan, are each wearing determined expressions. Such spirit, I get the feeling they are going to be difficult to deal with.

"And next is Team Cerberus!" The image changes to the profiles of a couple of familiar faces. Wait is that just my imagination? "Made up of Elizabeth Cerberus-sama and her younger brother Reno-sama, as well as her fiancé, Ren Kirei-san!" The MC announces.

"What!? Ren's participating! He never told me this!" I shout at the top of my voice.

"He said he wanted to surprise you." Alicia explains, "He also said he won't go easy on you even if you are his best friend."

"So Ren too wants a piece of me as well? Well most people do." I smile in anticipation.

Bring it on Ren! I harden my resolve. Team Pandemonium will definitely be victorious!

7. cud-b-better

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 23: The Underworld T.C. Grand Prix Main Event

"We are moments away from the start folks, all the teams are lined up and ready to go!" The MC who refers to himself as 'the man who needs no introduction' shouts whilst holding his twin microphones so close to his mouth it looks like he is eating them.

We, the members of Team Pandemonium, along with all the other participants, are hovering several metres off the ground in two straight lines. I can see Ren in one of the Cerberus team's support capsules, I smile in determination as our eyes meet.

"..." There is no need for words, our eyes do all the talking.

(I never thought we would ever have to face each other like this, Ren.)

(Ohhh- Yuichi, I am no match for your strength, nor your beauty, please please, have mercy.)

"COME ON REN! EVEN THOUGH I DON'T DISAGREE WITH YOUR STATEMENT THAT IS JUST TOO PATHETIC!" I scream as our conversation with our eyes took a turn for the pitiful.

"Onee-sama, what is wrong with Yuichi-niisama?" Lilicia-chan's angelic voice asks through the headset.

"Nothing is, that random outburst maybe weird for regular people; but for Yuichi, it's the norm," Alicia explains.

As expected of my fiancé, you know full well that my magnificent self has far surpassed the level of a regular person.

"Then, as I thought, Yuichi-niisama is a truly amazing person," Lilicia-chan chimes happily. Well said, I'll give you a 'Yuichi head pat' coupon after the race, Lilicia-chan.

"What am I going to do with the two of you?" Alicia asks as she droops her head from within her capsule.

Don't feel down, dear? I'll give you a 'Yuichi head pat' coupon too.

"And now, let me introduce you all to our guest commentator for this race," The man who needs no introduction's voice resounds throughout the entire area, "It's our headhoncho in person folks, HADES-SAMA!" The image instantly changes to the familiar figure of the flamboyant leader of the underworld.

"OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!" The entire area screams so loud I thought the sky was shaking.

"How goes it ya'll!? Doctor Des is here to rap ass and chew bubblegum; but I'm all out of gum," Hades pulls a very cool pose as his godly words exit his mouth.

What a guy, no wonder he rules the underworld.

"Now, I am a man of few words, so I'll keep this brief; participants, LOSE YOURSELVES!"

"OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Everyone including me screams in response.

"Thank you, Hades-sama," Man who needs no introduction nods in satisfaction, "All racers prepare to start, the race begins in T minus thirty seconds."

"Yuichi, don't say anything for a while, you'll bite your tongue," Alicia warns through the headset as she looks at me, I nod in confirmation.

Several hovering traffic light like things float around the area, currently only the first one of the four lights is on.

Beep, beep, BEEP!

VOOOOOOOMMMMM! - All the capsules take off like rockets, the landscape quickly changes into a rocky ravine. We're moving so fast we can't even see the stadium any more. Thankfully, the many cables are keeping me from being thrown around too much.

"AND THEY'RE OFF!" Man who needs no introduction proclaims, "Bringing up the front of the pack is Team Thanatos, they have always been known for their quick acceleration, but it's still early days."

Alicia skilfully navigates us either above or below the many rocky pillars that connect the two sides of the ravine together. Slowly, the heavy vibrations from the Tri-Capsule become thinner, until I can barely feel a thing. We, Team Pandemonium, are somewhere in the centre off all the racers, so we've got some catching up to do.

"Yuichi, Lilicia, we're going on the offensive," Alicia announces, "Pivot round to the front, but don't block my view."

"Right!" We reply together, as we make our support capsules orbit round in front of Alicia.

"Yuichi-niisama, I'll handle the ones in the distance, you take the ones close by. This terrain is perfect for me," Lilicia-chan confidently explains the battle plan.

"Can do," I reply fearlessly, but I still don't entirely know what she means. I quickly create and launch several ice balls, however the supports on the defending capsule quickly react and block my attack with their own.

"Reaper Technique: Rock Geyser." Lilicia-chan's voice comes through the headset. As I look on ahead I see in the distance a huge flux of boulders are barraging the Tri-Capsules of some of our many opponents.

Is this Lilicia-chan's technique? It's really powerful.

More than just a couple of our rivals were teleported out of the race in that one move. However, the one at the very front magnificently dodged the attack without a scratch.

"Team Pandemonium is on the attack! But as expected of Team Thanatos, they were able to dodge Lilicia-sama's attack like it was nothing!" Man who needs no introduction announces the play by play.

"Lilicia has always had an affinity for Earth based Reaper Techniques, but for her to conjure up one as big as that at her age is a remarkable feat. My homie Alexander must be as proud as can be," Hades supplements.

Yes, Lilicia-chan is to become the mistress of this Yuichi Shiro, so this level of skill is only natural. You are our pride and joy, Lilicia-chan.

"Yuichi! They're attacking from the rear, leave the front to Lilicia and do something about them!" Alicia orders, breaking me free from my state of admiration.

"The incarnate of beauty is on it!" I scream back as I pivot to Alicia's rear.

Several fireballs are approaching fast.

"It's just like shooting clay pigeons," I say as I create several balls of ice, "PULL!" I shout as I shoot my ice balls at the incoming fireballs.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM! - Huge explosions engulf the sky like fireworks where my ice collides with their fire.

"As expected of my man, such an attack is worthless against him," Hades compliments.

You really do understand me, don't you? Anyway, time for me to counter-attack.

"My soul is one that is of self confidence. Beautiful, intelligent and kind. Absolute belief in myself and those that surround me. And a will that never dulls, bends or breaks." I chant the lyrics of my soul's nature, playtime is over.

"Silver Manifestation!" I quickly create and manipulate my huge masses of silver into various shapes and forms.

"IT'S HERE FOLKS! THE RUMOURED SOUL TECHNIQUE OF YUICHI SHIRO!" Man who needs no introduction yells, he's really the excitable type isn't he? "THIS IS SOMETHING I HAVE BEEN HOPING TO SEE EVER SINCE I HEARD HE WAS GOING TO BE IN THE RACE. THE POWER OF THE HUMAN ANOMALY WHO IS TO BE MARRIED INTO THE PANDEMONIUM FAMILY!"

Really? Then get your eyeful of my elegant power.

I quickly style several chunks of my silver into the shapes of a javelin, "Eat this." I launch the silver javelins at the many Tri-Capsules behind us, the supports try desperately to block my attacks, but it's meaningless, my silver pieces through the magical shields they erect like they're made of paper.

"It's no good! Yuichi Shiro-san's silver cannot be blocked. The only thing the supports can do to protect their linchpins is use themselves as shields," Man who needs no introduction declares. Just as he said, many supports resorted to sacrificing themselves to save the linchpins.

Such determination, you may have been my enemies, but I, Yuichi Shiro, salute your resolution. I see off the supports who are being forcefully teleported out the race with eyes of respect.

"Yuichi, get out of your happy mood, the hard part begins from now!" Alicia shouts.

"The racers are starting to move out of the ravine and into the magma cave. That place can really warm up some cold bodies." Hades announces, "I'm guessing this is where Team Cerberus will make their move."

The rocky terrain quickly changes into one of some kind of cavern with a huge sea of fire below us, streams of lava and molten rocks jump out of the fire sea like a snake after it's prey, Alicia dodges all the foreign objects with minimal movement, her concentration is second to none. Lilicia-chan and myself are constantly pivoting around the Linchpin yet not a single pebble or ember has scratched us. I quickly snap myself back out of my admiration towards my fiancé, there is something I don't get.

"Why would Cerberus attack now?" I ask.

"The last terrain was one best suited for Lilicia who specialises in Earth type Reaper Techniques, that's why we didn't see hide nor tail of them, because we had the advantage there." Alicia, despite being busy navigating the Tri-Capsule, explains.

"The Cerberus family are renown for their affinity for fire based Reaper Techniques, and in this terrain, their power can be brought out to the maximum." Lilicia-chan supplements.

Just a moment later, "WHAT THE!?" A huge pillar of fire engulfs several teams, whom are quickly teleported out of the race. Thankfully the barriers around the capsules are exceedingly strong, so there is no threat of loss of life during the race.

I spot the likely culprits of the last attack: Ren, Elizabeth and the younger brother, I think they called him Reno. Their capsule starts to pick up speed and is gaining on us at a fast rate.

"JUST AS HADES-SAMA PREDICTED! TEAM CERBERUS IS ON THE ATTACK!" Man who needs no introduction yells out, I sure wish he would shut up already.

"Lilicia, Yuichi, never mind the front, just concentrate on Cerberus. I know it is asking a lot, but if possible try and keep Reno at bay!"

"Asking a lot?" I reply in confusion. Why just that Reno boy?

"Yuichi, Elizabeth maybe an embarrassment to Cerberus; but Reno is anything but,"Alicia harshly explains, I can only remain silent from hearing this.

Elizabeth is an embarrassment? You've really got a mean streak in you, Alicia.

I create more silver javelins and launch them at the Team Cerberus's capsules. However, before they reach them, "Holy shit! Is this happening naturally!?" Several pillars of fire shoot out from below us, one of which engulfs my silver, I can tell there is no way my silver would get through that inferno.

"Of course not! It's Reno's doing! Even if it's only within this terrain, his power level could very well be on par with Carrisa's." Alicia answers.

What seriously!? He's that strong!?

"Now, hang on tight and cut the needless banter!" Alicia orders as she navigates left and right, avoiding the fire pillars that would otherwise be on a collision course with us.

"YUICHI-NIISAMA!" Lilicia-chan shouts.

What the!? When did they get there!?

Bang Bang Bang!

"URGHHH!" Several small fireballs smash into my capsule, "Shield life down to fifty percent," A automated voice warns. I glare at the one behind the last attack, "Ren..." I create a huge quantity of silver shrapnel and shoot them in retaliation. I doubt Reno can conjure those fire pillars quickly enough to block this attack. Just when I thought I was on the verge of forcing Ren out the race, he pivots around the linchpin to the back, dodging my attack, before returning to his original position. "Tch, as expected of my best friend," I compliment, Ren isn't going to go down without a fight.

"Now isn't the time for that, Yuichi!" Alicia shouts, "Reno is up to something."

I redirect my attention back onto Elizabeth's younger sibling. A small fireball is forming in front of his outstretched hand. "That small thing is no need for conc..." I stop mid sentence, why? "Okay, I take it back, that thing could be problematic," I deduce, the small fireball had quickly expanded to about half the width of the cavern. "No amount of sun lotion will be able to turn the disintegration into a fashionable tan with that thing," I state.

"Spare me the jokes and brace yourselves," Alicia orders as she steers us towards the ceiling of the cavern, "I'm glad the sponsors set up barriers around the terrain, otherwise that fireball would destroy the entire cavern. Anyway, get ready! Reno maybe a powerful support, but the driver and linchpin of Team Cerberus is still Elizabeth!"

Before I can even ask what she is planning Reno shoots his huge fireball at us. Is this the end!?

"Hang on!" Alicia shouts as she quickly turns the Tri-Capsule down ninety degrees, the fireball misses us, but wait, if you do that we'll fly into the sea of lava! However, before I can voice my concern, she adjusts the direction of the capsule another ninety degrees so we are flying parallel with the sea of lava, but in the opposite direction to the finish line, this flying upside down is making me queasy. Next, Alicia turns us one hundred and eighty degrees so we are upright and heading in the right direction again. I then notice something else, we're directly underneath Team Cerberus.

"The weak point of the Tri-Capsule is the bottom! The supports can only rotate left and right they cannot defend directly below themselves. Quickly, attack Elizabeth and knock them out of the race!" Alicia orders.

""RIGHT!"" Lilicia-chan and myself respond in sync as I shoot my silver and Lilicia-chan unleashes a barrage of rocks on the defenceless Cerberus Tri-Capsule.

With a huge flash of light, the three of them have been removed from the race. Nice try, Ren, but I'm not ready to retire from my position of being the greatest guy in existence.

"UNBELIEVABLE! Team Pandemonium has defeated Team Cerberus in their forte territory! Alicia-sama's expert piloting saved the day in what looked like a hopeless situation," Man who needs no introduction announces in excitement.

But yeah, no kidding, those sharp reflexes and quick wit, you're the only woman suitable to be called my bride, Alicia.

"But that Reno sure is strong." I remark as I rub my hand across my brow, that last manoeuvre really made me sweat with worry.

"Yes, but thankfully Tri-Capsule racing is a team sport. Elizabeth isn't able to bring out the most in him, the supports are limited by there Linchpins after all." Alicia explains happily, she must be pleased that she has got a legitimate reason to look down on Elizabeth, a girl's wraith is truly a bottomless pit.

"Lilicia-chan, is Elizabeth really as pathetic as Alicia makes her out to be?" I decide to ask a third party about something that has been bothering me for a while.

"No, Onee-sama just doesn't like her. But I think it is true that Reno-kun far surpasses his sister." Lilicia-chan answers honestly.

"I'm going to pick up the pace. There is still the Thanatos triplets." Alicia warns as we speed on through the cavern, at long last we finally manage to get out of that huge oven.

"Most of the teams have now left the Magma Cave. The next area is the last before the home spurt. The Lightning Desert, thunder constantly rains down in this barren area of the Underworld. It will really leave a mark if one of dem bolts hits ya." Hades explains, "I wonder how many teams will even manage to make it to the finish line." Sounds like a really dangerous place.

A flash of light suddenly illuminates the area followed by a loud,

BRING! - A huge lightning bolt.

"Yuichi, this is our big chance, all the teams are being cautious due to the thunder. Create and maintain a wall of silver above us, that way we won't have to fear the random thunderbolts."

"To come up with such an idea, you really do know me inside and out, don't you, Alicia?" I say in amazement.

"Don't be a fool! There is still lots I don't know!" Alicia retorts.

"In that case, how about we get to know each other even better tonight then? My bed can easily support another person." I joke as I create a wall of silver to protect us from the lightning.

"It'll be your deathbed if you say any more bullshit!"

"Please forgive me," My body shrills up in fright, she's serious.

"I too...wish to know more...about Yuichi-niisama...on the...be...," Lilicia-chan states in a stuttering voice.

"Lilicia, don't even get me started," Alicia says calmly, but I can feel the invisible pressure.

"Forgive me, Onee-sama." And so can Lilicia-chan it seems.

BRING BRING BRING BRING! - The lightning echoes throughout the desert. Even with my silver shield protecting us, for some reason I still can't help but find this lightning scary.

A few minutes after we entered the Lightning Desert, we finally spot our last big rival in this race, Team Thanatos.

The two supports pivot around to the back, acknowledging us as a threat. One of the supports starts to create several balls of wind, whilst the other creates several balls of fire. Wait, this is ringing some bells...Shit they're going to combine their elements like the masked man did! "Alicia they're going for the combustion!" I warn my fiancé.

"I know that. Yuichi, you can remove the wall blocking the thunder now, our priority is to defeat the triplets!"

Following Alicia's orders, I remove the silver wall I manifested to protect us from the lightning. The two Thanatos supports shoot their respective elemental balls.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM! - Alicia quickly manoeuvres the Tri-Capsule in complicated yet calculated trajectories, dodging all the explosions created from the combination of fire and wind.

I create a huge ball of silver and Lilicia-chan creates several boulders "TAKE THIS!" I shout as we launch our techniques towards Team Thanatos' Tri-Capsule, however…

"Tch, they dodged them, and they made it look easy." I can't help but grunt in frustration, even though I half expected this outcome.

"Yuichi-niisama, the second wave is coming." Just as Lilicia-chan said, the two supports fire their elemental balls.

Huh? Wait a second, the support who previously used balls of wind is now creating balls of water instead. "Fire and water? Have they given up on their combination attacks?" I ask in confusion.

"No, they're going for..." Alicia begins, but the fire and water balls intersect before she can finish.

"GUH! I can't see! Mist?" Is this their goal? They're trying to blind us!

"Get ready you two! There is only one reason why they wanted to obstruct our vision! We'll use this chance," Alicia warns. Care to enlighten me regarding that one reason, I maybe a genius with an unparalleled level of beauty; but when it comes to Tri-Capsule racing I'm still a newbie.

We quickly escape the fog, well given the speed we're going at it's only to be expected, however... "Where did Team Thanatos go!?" I ask in shock.

"Is this the end of Team Pandemonium!? Team Thanatos have managed to blind spot them!" Man who needs no introduction's voice echoes louder in my ears than even the lightning.

Blind spot? Underneath us!? "Shit we're finished!" I scream in resignation.

"Not yet! Yuichi, Lilicia ready your attacks to shoot through the top of your capsules!" Alicia orders once again.

I can't say I understand what she is planning, but Alicia has never let me down, so naturally I do as she orders. Then, suddenly, falling into my view from my capsule's ceiling, is none other than Team Thanatos' Tri-Capsule. The reason I can see something that should have been below us through my capsule's ceiling? It's simple, Alicia suddenly rotated our capsule one hundred and eighty degrees. We are now flying parallel with Team Thanatos whilst upside down. Meaning, they are no longer in our blind spot.

Lilicia-chan and I quickly unleash our attacks onto their exposed linchpin, and with a flash that is even brighter than the lightning, Team Thanatos is defeated!

"Amazing! Once again Team Pandemonium escaped from another seemingly hopeless situation. I think this race is now as good as over!" Man who needs no introduction announces.

It was just as he said, with Team Cerberus and Thanatos out of the race, we breezed through the rest of it, and likewise took first place.

"The winners this year are Team Pandemonium!" Man who needs no introduction declares as Alicia, Lilicia-chan and I wave to the cheering crowd.

We did it, Father!

"Yuichi! Yuichi! OH! OH! OHHHH-!" The Yuichi Shout continues, I can only say I feel privileged that I have my very own special cheer. With this feeling of happiness and sense of achievement I can go home with my head held high.

The great Yuichi Shiro shines once again.

8. cud-b-better

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 24A: Event's After Party – Meet The Triplets

After our stunning victory, which in no small part was thanks to me, and I guess Alicia too. We moved into a wide room filled with food and tons of well dressed people conversing with each other. I too, to increase my abnormal beauty levels even further, have changed into a Tuxedo. This is the second time I've been to an Underworld party. However, this one is a lot more casual than the last.

"You look breathtaking, Yuichi-niisama," Lilicia-chan compliments.

Well that's a given though.

"Thanks, you are even cuter than usual, Lilicia-chan," I say as I pat her adorable head. Lilicia-chan's face turns slightly red. She really is cute, her pure white one piece dress covers her down to her thighs and is decorated with an abundance of different coloured ribbons. "But boy am I glad that I'm such a great man, if I was anything less I would have taken you to my room no questions asked."

"Um, there is no need for you to actually be such a great man, Yuichi-niisama," Lilicia-chan exclaims as her face dyes an even greater red.

"Huh? Um, What?" I have no idea what she's saying, my genius still does have some difficulty deciphering a maiden's heart. As my mind agonises on this matter, I catch a glimpse of another girl dressed in another one piece dress, although this one is more of a crimson colour and is full of frills. Her beautiful silver hair is glossily flowing behind her. I can only swallow my breath at the wonderful sight in front of me, and remind myself of one of the many reasons I fell in love with her.

"I won't let you lay your hands on Lilicia, Yuichi," Alicia states as she walks to us with a complexed expression on her face, which naturally snaps me out of my love struck daze.

What's wrong my love? The great Yuichi Shiro would never leave behind his fiancé, if I did take Lilicia-chan, I'd be sure to take you at the exact same time.

"Anyway, these three wanted me to introduce you to them, Yuichi."

Three girls with cyan coloured hair and youthful faces line up in front of me, they are each wearing dresses that match their hair colours.

Wait a second, aren't these three? I thought they were boys at first, but in such clothes there is no way that can be true.

"They are all the daughters of Tartarus Thanatos-sama," Alicia explains. Yes, these girls were our major competition during the race. "From left to right then, this is Rose,"

The triplet that is addressed gives an elegant curtsy. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Yuichi-sama," she says in a soft yet clear voice.

"Yes, same here," I respond with a polite bow.

"This is Lily," Alicia continues.

"Nya ha ha, you really beat us good before," She says with an amused smile.

"It was a really close race," I respond.

"And finally, this is Tsubaki," Alicia finishes.

"HMPH! You just got lucky this time. And its not like I wanted to introduce myself to you or anything! But Rose insisted!" She states whilst folding her arms and turning her back on me.

Oh great, don't tell me this girl is another Akane, one is bad enough.

"Don't be rude, Tsubaki," Rose chastises before turning back to me, "I apologise Yuichi-sama, she means no harm."

"Ha ha ha, a great man such as myself will never be daunted by something so trivial." I shrug off the earlier insult, if only for Rose's sake.

"Nya ha ha, Onii-chan is interesting," Lily says in a joyful voice as she rests her hands behind her head. I can tell I'll be able to get along with these two without a hitch, the problem is...

"He's just conceited." Tsubaki instantly knocks me down from my high.

"Yuichi-niisama is anything but, Tsubaki-chan," Lilicia-chan argues back, "I told you before how great he is."

"Yes, lately you never talk about anything else, Lilicia-chan," Tsubaki says with a crestfallen expression.

Alicia casually walks up to me and whispers, "Those two have been best friends for a long time,"

"I see. By the way, Alicia, if you whisper into my ear like that, then I can't help but get turned on." Oh crap, I accidentally voiced my thoughts out loud.

"YUICHI YOU DAMN FOOL!" Alicia screams, as her fist soars through the air. Wait not the face. Recognising the incoming trajectory with my eyes I have my quick mind identify the threat.

Subject of threat: Alicia's fist.

Reason for threat: On collision course with my beautiful face.

Predicted level of loss and threat level: Damage to my beauty, Maximum.

Method of aversion: Run around like a headless chicken whilst screaming like a little girl.

I quickly put my aversion plan into action.

Chapter 24B: Event's After Party – Be A Good Friend (Perspective Alma)

Why on earth do I have to be here!? I cannot stand crowds, so I'm standing in the corner of the party hall. Being the only regular human here, I can't help but feel out of place.

"Why don't you go out and find yourself a man, Alma-chan?" A grand man I recognise approaches me with a wine glass in hand, it's Alicia's father, Alexander Pandemonium. "Do you want to become another of Yuichi-kun's mistresses? I'm sure he would be happy to oblige, harems are every man's dream after all."

"Are you drunk?" I coldly ask.

"Drunk or sober, I am always the same," He replies, can I take that as a 'yes' then.

"KYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" A loud scream pierces deeply into my eardrums.

"What was that!?" I ask still in half shock from the sudden high pitched squeal.

"It sounds like someone screaming like a little girl whilst running around like a headless chicken." Alexander analyses.

That was awfully descriptive, but whatever. I quickly decide to put the scream from before to the back of my mind.

"What do you want from me?" I cut straight to the chase. The silly expression on the man's face changes it's tone to one much more serious.

"Alicia has always felt responsible for what happened on that day," He explains, "Happiness and sadness can very quickly change between one another at the same proportions. The amount of sadness Alicia held and still holds just goes to show how much happiness she had from being friends with you." Alexander moves to lean his body against the wall next to me, "As a father I truly want the best for my girls. Even if they themselves cannot see what is best for them. The reason I'm here is to ask you a favour."

"A favour?" I ask, intrigued what this upper class man could want with me.

"Alicia, very much earnestly wants to make up with you. Whilst asking you to forgive her is probably pushing it a little, but at the very least, I want you to listen to her till the very end. And if you can find it in yourself, I wish for you to support her like you did many years ago." Alexander explains. This is the first time I think I can see this man as a father.

"I'll think about it," I give a curt reply.

"Yes, please do," He says with a smile as he moves away from the wall, "Oh yes, the spots to be one of Yuichi-kun's mistresses are quickly filling, you may want to act fast or you'll miss your chance."

"GO TO HELL!" I yell at the retarded Pandemonium family head.

Chapter 24C: Event's After Party – The Stain On Cerberus (Perspective Ren)

"KYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" A extremely high pitch squeal reverberates throughout the room.

"What the hell was that?" I ask, although for some reason I vaguely recall that voice.

"Who knows." Elizabeth answers with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Ah, Elizabeth, Ren-kun," A tall man who looks to be in his early forties calls out. He has long blond hair that is tied into a well kept ponytail, a grand face and an elegant beard.

"Father," Elizabeth greets with a bow, I follow suit. Yes, this man is none other than Elizabeth's Father, and my future Father-in-law, Philip Cerberus.

"I apologise for not being of any use during the race," I begin, but Father-in-law simply holds his hand out gesturing for me to stop.

"Don't worry about that, Ren-kun. Alexander's daughters are very talented, as is his new son-in-law, I can see just why he boasted about him so much." Father-in-law reassures with a pleasant smile. "I actually wanted to talk to you both about a different matter. It's a little private so do you mind if we talk outside?"

Elizabeth and I give each other a quick look before nodding in response. As we walk out the party venue I can't help but wonder just what it is he wants to talk about. The three of us happen upon a deserted park where we sit on one of the benches.

"What is it you wanted to talk about, Father?" Elizabeth asks with a serious face, she must be just as concerned as I am.

"I want to tell you that there has been a recent development regarding them. The group whose very existence is a tarnish to the Cerberus name."

Elizabeth's eyes instantly sharpen upon hearing this. Just who are they referring to?

"What have you learned about them, Father?" Elizabeth asks.

"Before, they concealed their actions, however their movements have been rather showy as of late. From this we have deduced that they are up to something, we're just not sure what," Father-in-law explains, "In addition, we now have a theory as to how they actually came to be."

"Really!?" Elizabeth exclaims in utter disbelief.

"Umm, I'm sorry to interrupt, but just who are you referring to?" I ask, I don't want to be left on the sidelines of this conversation any longer.

"Oh, forgive us, Ren-kun," Father-in-law apologises, "Do you recall what the sacred duty of the Cerberus family is?"

"You mean to keep the souls that come to the Underworld within the Underworld." I respond.

"Yes, this has been the Cerberus family's duty for generations. However, a few souls of recently passing humans managed to bypass our security somehow and make it back into the living world. Normally, the only way for a human soul to return to the living world is by defeating a reaper in a game." Father-in-law explains.

Yes, this is how Yuichi and I won back our lives.

"However, before a Reaper could even make contact with any of them, these souls found their way back into the living world, and returned to their human bodies."

"Wait, if a human soul leaves it body and then returns then..." I begin.

"They become Human Anomalies," Elizabeth finishes with an angry expression clouding her face.

"Because all of these people who did this are gathering into one place, we concluded that becoming Human Anomalies was their very objective. The problem is how they're doing it," Father-in-law explains.

"How did they do it?" I ask, these people somehow managed to cheat death in a different way from Yuichi and I. So many souls escaped the Underworld, so this is why their existence tarnishes the Cerberus family's name.

"Until recently, we didn't have a clue. However, that all changed when Yuichi Shiro and Alicia Pandemonium confronted that masked man," Father-in-law announces. I heard about this guy from Yuichi, and how he easily overpowered him along with Alma-san and Shiori-sempai. "The problem lies in that man's accomplice."

The reaper who was with him?

"Carrisa!?" Elizabeth shouts in shock.

"Carrisa Thanatos would be easily capable of sneaking a few human souls out of the Underworld. Now that she has gone rogue we cannot help but suspect her."

"Then that masked man is involved with the appearance of those 'Faux Human Anomalies!?'" Elizabeth concludes.

"Yes, we think that man is the mastermind behind the formation of those people. But to think that Carrisa could fall so low, Tartarus must be devastated." Father-in-law states solemnly. "Elizabeth, Ren-kun, we still do not know that group's ultimate objective, so be wary, all right."

""Understood."" My fiancé and I respond in sync.

"Okay, just one last thing. Ren-kun, remember whether faux or otherwise, one anomaly naturally draws another, please always bear this in mind." Father-in-law says as he lifts himself up from the bench.

"I shall make every effort to bear it in mind," I reply.

"Good, now let's get back to that party and get ourselves pissed!" Father-in-law suddenly states in light tone, Elizabeth and I can only sigh at the quick change in attitude.

This world is just littered with 'Anomalies' isn't it?

Chapter 24D: Event's After Party – Enigma (Perspective Currently Unknown)

"Our goal is fast approaching us, Stella. Make sure you and the others follow through on the plan."

"Understood, everything shall go according to your will."

"Good, this will be our last communication until the appointed time, show them our strength."

"Yes, those fools will soon witness the true power of Enigma."

9. cud-b-better

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 25A: Mission Possible – Prologue (Perspective: 00-Beautiful)

It happened as I was walking down the corridor. A male student, who was wearing a hoodie that was pulled low down over his face, places something into my pocket and moves his face closer to my ear and says.

"She sells sea turtles that are having sex by the sea shore," The password for that group. This means a new mission had come through. So without further delay I head to a place void of any people, aka the men's bathroom.

I can feel my excitement from the feeling of heading on another perilous mission well up from inside of me.

Chapter 25B: Mission Possible – Mission log (Perspective: 00-Beautiful)

Whilst sitting on the toilet seat, I take out the item that was placed into my pocket and turn it on.

A shadowy silhouette of a high school boy appears, his face is blurred by a mosaic. "Good morning agent 00 (Double 0) Beautiful. We have a huge task that, should you choose to accept, will have a major impact on the entire school. According to our PAC's (Pornography appreciation club's) intelligence, we have determined that today the first years will be having their measurements taken."

What, seriously!? This is big news!

"00-Beautiful, as you may have guessed, we wish for you to take pictures of the first year girls. Many men have already paid PAC in advance for photos of the bare skin of their idols, and it is your duty, as our greatest PAC-Dude (Agent), to help us deliver the goods to their hands."

PAC-Leader pauses briefly as he takes a sip of, what I think is, Coke in a wine glass.

"We have determined that there will be many 'Ghosties' that will obstruct you in your mission." The screen that was up until now showing PAC-Leader, switches to the view of a certain girl's profile. "Akane Mizuno, the former head of the disciplinary committee, who has now handed the seat back over Shiori Azusa, who has recently transferred back into our school. This 'Ghostie' is very dangerous, so exercise extreme caution." The screen switches to another woman. This one however despite her youthful appearance, isn't a student "Rina-chan-sensei, this one is a Ghostie of minimal threat, with your abilities, 00-Beautiful. But just don't be careless." The screen switches back to PAC-Leader, "Now, to help increase the mission's success rate you will be assigned to work with PAC-Dude 00-BFF. I have full confidence that the two of you shall deliver the dreams of the male student body," PAC-Leader salutes me, "God speed to you, 00-Beautiful. By the way, this message will..."

Oh god, please don't tell me, I don't want my beautiful face to be burned to a crisp.

"Not self destruct, so please discard of it in your nearest courtesy bin. We of PAC are against littering after all."

Thank goodness, my beauty has been spared.

Chapter 25C: Mission Possible – Mission Plan (Perspective: 00-BFF)

A man who is wearing a mask with a male symbol on it approaches me. I myself am also wearing a mask, the two of us have overcome many trialling missions together, our success rate together stands at one hundred percent.

"You're late, 00-Beautiful," I state to my partner.

"Forgive me, 00-BFF, I had to take the long way so that my beauty wouldn't draw any attention."

With the mask or without, you're still the same, aren't you?

"Anyway, enough with the pleasantries. How do you propose we handle this mission, 00-BFF?" 00-Beautiful asks in interest. I open up my laptop and run a certain program. A three dimensional plan of the school opens up.

"The first year girls will be having their measurements taken here, on the second floor." The room in question turns red. "Obviously the curtains will be closed during the period of time when the girls will be topless. I assume that the two Ghosties will be patrolling the corridor just outside the room. Anyway, although it won't be easy, I do have a cunning plan." I can't help but let a smile slip as I speak.

"Do tell."

Chapter 25D: Mission Possible – Mission Begin (Perspective: 00-Beautiful)

Classes are currently in session, luckily my class is in a break period, so no one will notice that I am not there. I run down the empty hallways whilst opening up all of the windows on route, as well as a single door to an empty classroom, preparations complete. I put my back up against the corner and poke my beautiful head out. Just as 00-BFF predicted, the two Ghosties are patrolling the corridor.

It's time for me to pull my awesome decoy strategy then. I quickly get into a running position stance and "GOOO!" I shout as I run at the top speed my legs can go!

"OI! You stop!" Akane shouts as I run past her, "Sensei, I'm going to go after him, stay here."

Rina-chan gives a quick nod before, Akane starts to tail me.

"Good, with this everything is going according to plan," I smile to myself. We had already predicted that they wouldn't both chase us, and the one who would give chase would be the one who is the greater athlete: Akane.

I quickly turn a corner, this school building goes around in a square so if I continue on I would eventually return back to where I was previously.

"You can't escape me!" The demon's voice echoes through the hallway.

Oh just you watch me.

As I turn the second corner, during the brief moment Akane loses sight of me, I jump out of one of the windows I opened previously. Clinging onto the window sill, I hear footsteps pass me by and then the shutting of a door.

She fell for it. I quickly pull myself back up and run to the door that I previously opened that was now shut.

And with a satisfying click, I lock the door, with Akane still in it. Pac-Dude one – Ghosties zero.

BANG BANG! - It's useless, I have no intention of opening it any time soon.

Now that the main problem is out of the way, time to deal with the second and last Ghostie.

Rina-chan is continuing to pace up and down the corridor without losing sight of the door that leads to where the first years are having their measurements taken. As soon as she turns her back on me I immediately jump out into action.

"Hmph, hmph!" Smothering her mouth so she doesn't draw any unwanted attention.

"There there, be a good girl now won't you?" I say as I run my beautiful fingers across her nape and onto her cheek then slowly down her neck. Rina-chan loses her ability to stand from my grand stimulation, that only one, so beautiful as I, could pull off.

"Hah hah hah," Rina-chan's breathing is a little out due to the pleasure. I take her into my arms and prop her against the wall; where, although her eyes are slightly vacant, her mouth is showing a true smile.

"Rest now," I say as I place my palm against her cheek, Rina-chan places her hand on top of my own, as she slowly closes her eyes.

That deals with the second Ghostie.

"Good work, 00-Beautiful," My partner's voice says through the earpiece I am wearing, "Move on to stage two."

"Roger," I reply as I open the door to the locker room that is void of anyone, I can hear the many voices of the energetic first years from the next room.

Don't take any of this personally dears, we men just wish to view your beauty.

I quickly set up numerous miniature cameras on the girl's lockers. To the naked eye no one would be able to tell what these things truly are. They are all wirelessly connected to 00-BFF's laptop. So we will get all their great data uploaded there live.

After finishing I close the door to the locker room and go back out into the corridor, but not before locking the door to the locker room. You have no idea just how hard it was to pillage the keys for this room and make a duplicate.

I then quickly run into the classroom next door, open the window and grab hold of the windowsill as I jump out. I quickly scale toward the window of the room where the first year girls are, although the curtains are closed the window is open, so like before I can hear the background chatting of girls comparing breast sizes etc. As soon as I am directly underneath the window.

"00-BFF, I'm in position, do it!" I order.

"Roger that," He replies, and then...

BEEP BEEP BEEP! - The fire alarm goes off.

"Girls Girls!" The teacher shouts for order. "There should be no drill today, so this is legit. Go back and get changed and evacuate as soon as possible."

Good, they took the bait. The students and teachers quickly leave the examination room and go into the changing rooms.

"NOW!" I shout to myself as I jump up into the examination room and run straight for the door that leads to the changing room. Without further delay I put a key into the keyhole, and turn it.

With this the students are all locked inside the changing rooms with a load of miniature cameras secretly taking their photos.

"Mission accomplished, 00-Beautiful," 00-BFF says to me through the earpiece, "I've got lots of data, let's hurry up and join the other students at the fire assembly point before they suspect anything."

"Roger that." I reply as I quickly turn back the way I came, ditch my disguise and rejoin the people of my class.

The next day PAC-Leader gave the both of us his congratulations. Some of the boys were a little disappointed that there was no data on neither Yuna nor Sakura. For reasons that will never reach the dawn of day that data was deleted. Why, you ask? Who knows.

Chapter 25E: Mission Possible – Another Regular Day

"Yuichi, were you the one behind that peeping tom incident!? I went looking for you yesterday but you were nowhere to be found until after that fire drill!" My beautiful fiancé yells at me.

"Alicia, when girls would take off their clothes when I just ask them to, for what reason would I need to peep on them?" I ask.

Yeah, no girl can resist me. I could make myself into a billionaire by starting my own host club, and I'm the only host there need be.

"So you're saying you had no part whatsoever!?" Alicia questions, her anger distorting her beautiful looks.

I stare Alicia straight into the eye and place my hand over my heart before reciting, "I swear by my almighty beautiful self, that I am telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." Boy, am I glad that my almighty beautiful self is very forgiving when it comes to white lies.

Alicia looks at me like she still doesn't believe me, but she shrugs her shoulders and walks off with a simple "Fine."

Another glorious day in the life of Yuichi Shiro.

Chapter 25F: Mission Possible – Wielders On The Move (Perspective Unknown)

"We're here huh, I still can't get used to travelling like that. I sure wish you could have made the ride more comfortable, Ley."

"It is how it is comma if you are just going to complain comma then next time I will have you walk period"

"Ley-chan is as harsh as ever."

"For what reason are your hands on my chest question mark"

"Just skinship, Ley-chan.

"OWWWWW! You're cruel."

"Knock it off! We've got work to do."

"But seriously, to send all the remaining Soul Slayers. I wonder if that was the correct decision."

"That is just how dangerous the threat is period Vincent is dead comma Shiori has lost her Soul Slayer comma and Alma has been taken captive by a Human Anomaly within this very town period So the only remaining members comma are just us four period"

"With the threat as grave as it is, at the very least I don't want any more enemies to deal with if we can avoid it."

"So are we going to negotiate then question mark"

"Well now, I wonder if it will go that smoothly."

10. cud-b-better

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 26A: Prelude Of Things To Come – Father And Daughter (Perspective: Alicia)

"So that's how it is," My father said from the other end of the communication, his face is in a frown.

Apparently the church has arranged a meeting through my Father with Yuichi and all of us around him. I can't blame Father for being anxious, they are Yuichi and Ren's natural enemies after all. The chance of this being a trap is not small at the very least.

"I understand, don't worry, Father, we'll be careful. I don't think we need to be concerned about Yuichi any more, he's already stronger than me." I'm not just flattering, he has grown in leaps and bounds since he became a Human Anomaly.

"I still cannot help but worry about the two of you. If I could I would come down there myself, then they wouldn't dream of trying anything!" Father curses, although I'm really concerned that he really would actually come here if given half the chance, "Unfortunately, I must accompany Hades-sama. Just be on your guard around them."

"Yes, Father." The communication ends.

"Just what could they want I wonder?" I ask myself rhetorically.

Chapter 26B: Prelude Of Things To Come – Beautiful Day Of A Beautiful Life

It's a brand new day with a clear blue sky. Ren, Yuna, Sakura and I are walking to school. Looking at the sky's beauty that is second only to my own is giving me the urge to sing.

"On the first day of Christmas, Alicia gave to me," I decide to indulge myself, "Herself wearing nothing but whipped cream." Man, just the image of that could cure impotency stronger than any Viagra.

"I would NEVER DO THAT!" A voice responds to me from behind, and before I can turn around...

"OWWWWW!" A foot somehow collides with the back of my head and knocks me face first towards the gravel, I quickly guard my beautiful face with my arms, I can't let it get damaged. "Jesus Alicia, you have no idea how dangerous that was!"

"Nowhere near as dangerous as your delusions!" She retorts.

"You were sort of asking for that, Yuichi," My best friend abandons me.

What gives!? Does the bond of brotherhood via coke mean nothing to you!?

"Um...sempai...I...can...do...it...if you want," Sakura says in a quiet voice.

"Huh? Do what?" I ask back, Sakura turns her beet red face a hundred and eighty degrees whilst holding her hands to her cheeks.

Is Sakura feeling unwell?

"You still have no delicacy when it comes to girls, Onii-chan," Yuna rebukes.

"How rude! I'm so delicate with girls that when I acquire panty shots of them. I hide all the images in a very secret directory on my computer. Any other guy would try and sell them!" I retort back. Hell no would I sell my collection. Their beauty is for my eyes only.

"Nice, Yuichi. I really got to hand it to your genius there," Thanks for the nice words Ren, although I have no idea what you're talking about.

"The minute I get home, I'm reformatting your computer," Yuna states with a look of disdain.

"SAY WHAT! You gotta be kidding me!?" Why would Yuna make such a threat? It's not like I've got any of her on it.

"You should keep things like that to yourself, Yuichi-kun." A red hair beauty says to me as she approaches with the help of crutches on either side of her.

"Good morning, Shiori-sempai." I greet my elder with utmost courtesy. After she lost her Soul Slayer she readmitted herself back into our school. The girl with tanned skin whose Soul Slayer I have given custody of to Alicia is walking by her side.

"Good morning, Alma," Alicia greets, she is trying hard to mend their broken friendship.

"Morning..." She replies whilst turning her head to the side.

Come on put in a bit of effort would you. For several moments there is an awkward silence between the two.

"Say Alicia-san, have you told Yuichi-kun yet?" Shiori-sempai at last breaks the awkwardness.

"Tell me what?" I ask. If you want to tell me your three sizes then I'm all ears.

"Onii-chan, can you stop thinking stupid things just for two minutes!?" Yuna retorts to my thoughts as usual.

"No, not yet. Yuichi, Ren, a few people wish to speak with us after school so make sure you have time. I've already told Elizabeth."

"Who would want to see all of us? If it was just me I'd say it was a love confession, but now I'm just confused."

"All the remaining Soul Slayer Wielders have assembled in this town," Alma states. I instantly feel a cold sweat trickle down my beautiful face, "However, the reason they gathered hasn't got anything to do with either you, nor Ren Kirei."

"Then why?" Ren asks the question before me.

"We'll find out later, just wait until then. But be on guard. To send this many Slayers to one place until now has been unheard of. Something big must be happening." Alicia replies.

Just what could be so big that a huge force has started to close in. I've got a really bad feeling about this.

Oh well no point thinking about it, I guess I'll just continue my happy song. "On the fifth day of Christmas Alicia gave to me. FIVEEE-BLOWJ-

"URGGHHH!" A familiar feeling assaults my head.

Chapter 26C: Prelude Of Things To Come – Meeting Of The Three Gods (Perspective: Alexander)

Sitting at a round table are three individuals, Hades-sama, another man who appears to be in his mid twenties and one lady who looks like she hasn't escaped her teens. They are having a meeting that had been called together by the young man.

"Hades, I want you to put a firmer lid on the system surrounding Human Anomalies." The youth with blond hair sitting opposite from Hades-sama states haughtily, "Your Human Anomalies are causing huge distortions in the living world. And for what? The sake of your personal whims!"

"The Underworld and the realm of the dead is my domain, Zeus." Hades-sama responds, his usual flamboyant behaviour is nowhere to be seen, "The distortions haven't reached a level where I need to take any action."

"The current system is fine, Zeus-niisama. And you already know full well that Hades-niisama won't listen to you. So why did you bother calling us? I wanted to go swimming with the dolphins today." The young woman says in frustration as she stretches her limbs.

"It is equally all of our duties to keep stability in all the realms, Hades, Poseidon." Zeus states.

"Zeus, your realm is the sky, Poseidon's is the sea, and mine is the Underworld. We have each agreed not to meddle in the affairs of one another. And Zeus, when it comes to distortions in the living world, haven't you more than contributed towards them yourself?" Zeus begins to glare daggers at Hades-sama who seems to be enjoying the fact that he is putting Zeus in his place. "The one who provided humans with the weapons that causes the biggest distortions, the Soul Slayers, was none other than you!"

Zeus grits his teeth at Hades-sama's accusations. Hades-sama simply gets up out of his seat and turns his back on Zeus like he has had enough. "Zeus, all your talk of stability is a lie. What you actually want is domination. Well, here is a friendly warning from me to you, the day you stick your nose out of place, will be the day you shall cease to be. Consider the fact that I am even warning you, a sign of my love, dear brother."

Zeus' face turns stern at Hades-sama's threat, his eyes are filled with malice. If the god of the sky and the Underworld were to battle the results would be catastrophic.

"You've just been served, Zeus-niisama." Poseidon-sama jokes. Which warrants a harsh glare towards her, although she doesn't seem to care.

Hades-sama continues to the exit, "Lets go, Alexander." He addresses, I quickly follow behind him.

"Well, that was a nice family reunion." Hades-sama says sarcastically after we left the meeting.

"Hades-sama, do you think that Zeus would really..." I begin.

"He has always been the ambitious type. The reason he gave humans Soul Slayers was probably because he thought I was trying to get the human world through the use of Human Anomalies. He doesn't realise that I am already satisfied with just the Underworld, he thinks that everyone is like him and wants to increase the boundary of their domain." Hades-sama sighs before continuing, "I wish he would retire and give the sky to his daughter already. All the domains would be a lot better off that way."

"The world is starting to evolve at a very quick rate." I say as I glance out the window, so much has happened recently.

"Yes, lets just make sure the evolution takes the form of something that would benefit us all."

11. Kumoko

Kumoko Ruler of Wisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    i like your novel, like the manga version better tho, it feels really polished, where can i read the manga? i read the one in mangapark