LCD Sovereign of the Three Realms

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Jan 7, 2016.

1. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can get the vibe from the novel,

Using poison all the time to win would be so frekin boring....

2. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author is somewhat of a meme. Logic and efficiency isnt JCs forte... at all. Dumpster an asshole like Leylin from WMW into the setting and it would burn within months.

3. MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He wouldn't need to use it all the time and he clearly has no qualms about using poison-he uses the soulless powder he looted from the Xiahou lackeys a while back pretty frequently, especially for ambushes and large battles like against the savage tribe. What's frustrating about it is that he doesn't try to make any of his own poisons to use when the need arises-he just resorts to stuff he looted that should theoretically be worse than what he could come up with from his knowledge from his past life, and instead does inane things like brewing a ton of that immortal level booze/wine from his past life. He's found some use for it for sure, but he'd also get a lot of mileage from making some high level poisons from his past life, even if in reduced forms-he's shown he's willing to do stuff like that with other pills and formations and use the lower level stuff until he finds/is able to use the higher tier stuff.

And that's without getting into the frustration of him frequently going about his search to attain further power in a lackluster fashion-a shining example of that was that age he was stuck in sage realm because he wanted to find an earth treasure before hitting emperor realm, yet he treated finding the earth treasure as a low priority side quest instead of a majorly important task, especially after Huang'er got taken away and the average level of enemies he was fighting was mid-high emperor. If not for him stumbling onto the earth orb when in the middle scarlet region on completely unrelated business, he'd probably *still* be stuck in sage realm because of his perfectionism

4. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author could easily write something to explain why JC doesn't use poison.

Bugs the hell out of me when the reader sees really obvious solutions to problems, but the author doesn't take them because they want to keep up their character count. If that's the case then at least give some reason behind not taking the easy way out.

5. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I get it,

this novel started with a plot hole the size of grand canyon. If he wanted it, he could just skip all of these low tier cultivation methods hes scrapping around and go for ones beyond divinity from his memories.

6. kylokram25

kylokram25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The 10th island is a turtle. Patriarch Reliance perhaps?

7. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I am just waiting for Patriarch Peafowl...

8. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    c2155: the BS meter is getting high up there! Chapter pretty titled with Huang'er, but we see her literally for 7 sentences. The rest of the chapter is about fucking rats and that plot armour brother of his who has no right to survive!

9. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t kept up with SoTR, but at least it wasn’t at the level of that chapter titled “Dan Fei” in which she didn’t even appear at all and was barely discussed

10. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I'm kinda NECROing this thread. XD Is it alright to do so for the end of the novel?

4.5 years, 7 million characters. SOTR Nov. 19, 2015 – Apr. 9, 2020.

It didn’t really sink in when I translated the last chapter in March — probably because an immediate shift to NECRO was needed because I messed up launch date calculations XD. What really hit it home was posting chapter 2376 and realizing this was the last time I’d ever see that red flower in the updates bar.

[​IMG]
    How does one sum up the journey of 4.5 years? It really feels like a lifetime since on a personal level, I went through a career change, three global moves, and three more local moves. SOTR has been through three site moves and two leap years. And all of us together have weathered the rise of the industry and the craziness that spawned.

I’d like to greatly thank the team translators Citrus, House, and cv! All this would’ve been impossible without their efforts. Also, proofreader Nabuch (on the alyschu team!) and previous editors Deyna and Kidyeon. It takes a team to bring the old men harem to everyone. An immense thank you also to Ren, the man who started it all and made it possible for all this to continue on.

But really, I want to thank the readers. Do you guys ever get tired of hearing that from translators? I don’t know what else to say, only that it’s so true. Every bit of support, be it comments, Discord chats, Twitter RT, reviews, and sponsorships keeps us going. I have received so many touching notes over the years, telling me how much the series or I have impacted their lives. A lot of things have to come together so that I can be sitting here, writing this to you, and the best readers in the world are an integral part of that.

So let’s celebrate! I will be reading the last two chapters on the WW Discord in about 9.5 hours (countdown in link). That’s 11pm GMT+8, Apr. 9, which is 11am US EST, 8am US PST, 5pm Central European Time. An AMA will follow, so come join the final sendoff for SOTR!

Also, I’d like to host a giveaway on Twitter with cool stationary swag from Taiwan. However, prizes are likely to be mailed out in the summer due to currently constrained airline traffic. In the meantime, please drop a review for SOTR now that the series is done! We have to bring the joys of Pokemon Trainer JC to everyone. XD

JC has finally completed his Pokedex & now needs to choose his favorite out of the old men harem!

Be well, be safe, and thank you.

etvo

Doc Williams likes this.
  11. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    SOTR is fully translated now? Wow, it feels unreal to think of. Congrats on finishing the translation of such a long series

Doc Williams and etvolare like this.
  12. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally caught up. Tried to read it all on WW but those 2 chapters a day are infuriating. I'll try to keep putting karma into the novel though.

Holy crap some of these people are annoying. Why are they surprised that people would enter a competition if they didn't meet the basic requirements? I kind of wish for a cultivation novel where the MC is a straight savage who tells people to shut up the second they start useless prattling.

Story went downhill once he joined the Yan family. Before it seemed like only a few people were stupid. Now every group has a person that's determined to be a contrarian and push the group to destruction because of a stupid onesided grudge. Every group is determined to treat any information about the MC as a rumor until they see him personally fighting.

Can't believe this ahole took that long to go back home. In the end he never mentions his disciple again after the rebellion arc. Don't think it ever mentioned him freeing the guy on the golden mountain either. I would think that it would mention him having a big sister like figure in the heavenly planes but it seems like the author just pulled her out of nowhere last second like Kaguya. Even then I think Kaguya had more mentions before she became the villain.

13. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    @Vincent1873 yeah, I lost interest around the Yan family arc as well. Too many idiots and too many repetitions. The “we must absolutely make this minor non-slight into a total blood feud” thing happened *way* too often. There were a few factions that were smart enough to drop things, but most of them insisted on continuing to try and kill JC even when it was clear they’d never be able to. And many of the “slights” that started the blood feud were because of the local young master wanting to either A-steal something from JC, B-steal one of his weapon, C-kill him for existing near them and not kissing their ass, or D-all of the above. Add in the scaling seniority coming out in sequence all yelling “Junior dares not lay down and die?!” and you’ve got a recipe for quite a few factions to stupidly drive themselves to their deaths

he never freed the golden mountain golem/thing? Wow, that seems like something that should have screwed him over since didn’t he make a heavenly oath to do that within 1000 or 10000 years and he either forfeit the mountain or his life if he failed? Either one would really screw him over since he’d either lose one of his foundational elemental treasures for his cultivation or die. That’s not the kind of thing that gets side shuffled and forgotten without consequence. It’s possible he did it “off screen”, but it’s seriously something the author should have mentioned at least in passing since it was a fairly major plot point early on and it’s why he was even able to get the golden mountain in the first place.

14. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the last time that guy on the mountain was mentioned was when he fought Emperor Shura in the arena. Just like the last time we heard of the cicada was when he gave its blood to the primordial titans.

The last arc was pretty bad too. The whole heaven shaking calamity mentioned at the start was just his father being overthrown and put in prison by his subjects and the author bends over backwards to justify why his father getting his throne back is the best thing and why a bunch of high level divine cultivators need a super powerful leader at the top or else everything is chaos.

15. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    kyuukestu likes this.