Question Sovereign of the three realms

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Midnight2010, Aug 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Midnight2010

Midnight2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen on wiki that he's a champion of a dozen things.
    Are there really that many tournaments in this novel?Should I read it?

2. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes there r many tournaments
    As for whether u should read it or not depends on ur choice . All I can help u with that decision is that it is ur typical CN novel with ur usual plot holes and facesmacking , ur usual trash turned genius . Not much unique that I can point out

otaku31 likes this.
  3. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, there are many tournements in the story, and most of them is less than 10 chapters long. The tournements are not all fighting but also so pill related once. He is also not only the champion in tournements but various events that he join.
    As most CN the begining is the best, but it stay's pretty constant in a not awsome but not bad quality, so your choise, if you want to read or not.

4. lohwengk

lohwengk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a pretty decent xianxia, all things considered. As others have already mentioned, there's nothing unique. But the execution is smooth and competent, with no actual plotholes as of the most recent translations. The translation is also decent with few grammatical errors and not much Engrish/Chinglish.

The MC is OP, but his OP-ness has a proper foundation for it and does not come from just lucky breaks or deus-ex-machina. There's no excessive praise from the author for the MC - there are few pseudo-genius scenes where the MC does something stupid based on assumptions and faulty logic but gets praised by the author for being a genius. The MC is also not hypocritical - there are few situations of "If his enemy does something, it is an injustice; if he does it, he is carrying out heaven's will" kind of stuff. In the cases where he does things out of selfishness, there is some self-awareness that his deeds aren't necessarily bright and shiny. At least, that's my impression given the translation.

Although he leaves behind old friends and acquaintances, they don't just disappear without a trace. There's no BFF in one arc, then that character never shows up again even at the end of the story. In the worst cases, there is at least some eventual closure - be it that character's death or the MC openly acknowledging that they walk different paths and must part ways.