Spoiler Spending the Villain’s Money to Extend My Life

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shivani, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    I like this story. The MC is not someone who just lets anyone bully her and at the same time, someone who has a brain! I like her straightforward personality. Same with the ML.

I feel sorry for Hou Wencheng though. He fell in love with the wrong girl. He was brought up by a mom who has unreasonable expectations, and had to forego a lot of normal things just to meet her expectations.

Renn Kazma likes this.
  2. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Shivani Look, someone ask for translation link. You should provide more info and nu link if there's one .

kawaii12345 likes this.
  3. SweetKiwi

SweetKiwi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there spoilers about Luo guy or the "King of the Hill"?

4. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished the story and I don't know if I just missed it as MTL weren't clear or the Hou family really have a loose end?

By old madam chen Bday, they just said that O!FL had a miscarriage after the 1yr timeskip and the Hou family was so mad with O!ML. They just mentioned something about dinner but it wasn't clear if it is to meet with MC and ML family. It didn't say if O!ML and O!FL got divorced. Just that along with the miscarriage, O!ML found that O!FL was hooking up with a oil tycoon and O!FL was demanding 50mil for divorce. IDK if the Hou mother and grandmother eventually meet up with MC and ML or if they found out ML's true assets. I would like to found a clarification as they are calculating towards the grandson! They are so hateful. While I know MC wouldn't let them touch the son, I hope to see they try and be slapped in the face!

prongsletaelin and MishaArnon like this.
  5. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He just eventually disappeared. After the counterattack to their family, he try to change his temperament by furthering his study on arts so he return to MC's studio. After that, MC weren't focus on her stream nor her teaching studio so there were many loose end side characters. I think he was invited in MC's wedding and he went.

michoux, Miki T and Marane101 like this.
  6. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The mtl is to hard to read...

prongsletaelin and michoux like this.
  7. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Think you got a couple things mixed up.

So we really don’t get an explanation for the whole switched at birth thing. We’re just told that MC and OGMC were somehow accidentally switched as babies and the fact had recently come to light. MC went to live with the bio family, but they only really cared about the kid they’d raised.
    MC was “sold off” to the ML. While everyone thinks he’s cursed, they also acknowledge that he’s a powerful business tycoon and creating a marriage tie to him would be beneficial (even if they’re too scared to be physically close to him). So MC’s sent to his place as his fiancé.

And that’s when the MC transmigrated in. We don’t really get much detail about how/why they got him to agree with this, other than the implication that he expected her to give up and run off fairly quickly.

On the adoptive family, they don’t care about the MC either. They try to leverage the fact that they raised her to get money, but they consider the other one their true long lost daughter. So the OGMC effectively has 2 sets of parents (even if she looks down on the poor pair) with MC having none.

8. MishaArnon

MishaArnon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another one added to list

9. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well TBF the bio father didn't look well on either of the dughters he was only interested in elevating the status oh his illegitimate son. The bio mother was a moron who wanted to connect with the MC but was continuously manipulated by the fake daughter. I don't recall much interaction if any between the fake daughter and her biological family.

You can really see this when the fake daughter convinces the mom to get the real daughter to divorce so her operation will be blessed? lucky? The mom realizes a little she has no standing to ask this and tries to be kind to the MC buy is bamboozled by the fake she winds up taking both her and the fake out of that family

So the MC effectively had about 1/8 of a parent while the fake had maybe 1 1/4 parents

Overall I don't know if I should feel sad or happy for the original break daughter. With all that emotional baggage, it's doubtful she could ever live a happy life. The same way reincarnation is considered the treatment for an Orca bite, it might well have been for her as well.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    prongsletaelin and DitaP like this.
  10. MishaArnon

MishaArnon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get these stories.The child is always switched somehow...ok but biological parents not supporting there own kid coz fake kid(I feel bad saying fake )is somehow ill(may or may not true) and they are like who is biological kid we never know or need that.like we saw recently how a mother found her long lost daughter and she was crying and was so thankful to meet her again.maybe it's a effect in novels since the babies are switched but well..

11. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    China has a big problem with left behind children. Children left behind in poor areas while their parents head to more prosperous areas to make money. To those left behind their parents and other family can become complete strangers or no better than acquaintances. My impression is these stories are meant to appeal to people that can relate

https://www.economist.com/china/2021/04/08/the-plight-of-chinas-left-behind-children

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-behind_children_in_China

MishaArnon and Fuyuneko like this.
  12. CatherineBriar

CatherineBriar New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, this might be the real spoiler here for me, who's only read till chapter 318, but so far, I have not really seen that Shishi's biological mother was being manipulated. In fact, she seems to clearly prefer the adopted daughter over her own flesh and blood. Either that, or she doesn't care for a child she didn't raise herself and thinks it's too hard to get to know a new one. Either way, you say the father an illegitimate son? And what do you mean that the mother <is bamboozled by the fake she winds up taking both her and the fake out of that family?> Please clarify! :blobfearful:

13. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    The fake daughter prevented the mother, from knowing what was going on with the MC, she stopped the mother from interacting with her daughter. Did you get to the part where the mother goes to the MC to get her to divorce the ML yet? You get to see just how easily manipulated the character is in that mini arc

The fake daughter is about to get her operation, but she is pissed about how well MC's life is going so she gets a fortune teller to give a fake fortune that it won't go well unless the MC isn't married. The mother goes to the MC, and the MC points out just how badly she was treated by her family and just how little right she has to even ask to see the MC. The mother then offers property and money, the <mC comes back with if a temporary divorce is such a minor thing show me. The mother goes to the father and he is more than happy to divorce the mother and disown the fake daughter in one shot and marries his mistress. Leaving the mother and fake daughter out in the cold.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    mmem likes this.
  14. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You’re right in that the mom doesn’t really put much actual effort into getting to know her bio daughter. Still, anytime she might spend some time with her the adopted one pulls an ‘oh, my heart’ and quickly draws all attention back to herself.

The dad clearly doesn’t really care about either woman. He’s got a side piece and a son somewhere out there. To add to kuwaii12345 post, the mom goes to the dad to get a temp divorce just to prove to MC that it’s just a legal definition and doesn’t mean anything. Except the dad basically goes, ‘oh, you want a quickie divorce, with no alimony or devision of assets or scandal from protracted legal battle? Oh, temporarily. Yeah, let’s do this, promise I’ll totes remarry you afterwards.’ And with this golden opportunity to offload her falling into his lap he takes it and almost immediately marries his side piece so that he can have his proper male heir under his roof.

15. CatherineBriar

CatherineBriar New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    O.M.G!!!! So the brainless mother lost her marriage, which was in shambles to begin with, over an envious, spoiled brat that couldn't tolerate anyone's life going better than hers... That's tough. :sweating_profusely:

16. prongsletaelin

prongsletaelin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to say it was a dumb plot trend which reduces hardwork of actual plot building by author. Luckily for such authors, a lot of people liked to be amused by such brainless drama.

MishaArnon likes this.