Spiderman reflection

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Solracmar, Jul 29, 2017.

?

Did you notice that Spiderman provocation had a aim?

Poll closed Aug 12, 2017.
  1. Yes

52.9%
  2. No

47.1%
  1. DarthOu

DarthOu 《Lord Vader》

Reading List:
    Link
    no, no, he still is a middle rank genius, more like in the recent Amazing, he created much more device/gadget, that help him in combat.

2. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    ....my god dont even get me started on that shit. I mean you have that, and then you got Amadeus Cho as the new hulk, Miles Morales as the new spidey, they made a new wolverine who is an old man and if he isn't that then they make X-23 take up the role and she is only barely acceptable for it. They pull this kinda stuff right outta there ass, really. I don't mind new characters--and i like Cho and OML and 23--but give them their own place and not just have them be generic clones of their older, more experienced betters.

I know that its been a while and they should move on to a new age, new heroes--and it would be nice to see an entire new set of heroes who carried on the legacy of the past ones like how it was with that one animated movie where ultron took over the world and shit--but yeah giving them the same powers and abilities and expecting readers to not be frustrated by it is ridiculous.

From what i had seen DC isn't doing this that much, though, which is good. Instead we just see more of the interesting sidekick characters grow into their own more. Jason and Damien and Jonathon(is supes' son named jon? can never really recal, maybe mixing him up with a dif universe son of his) things like that.

3. Mavericksserial

Mavericksserial Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who isn't a genius in Marvel comics these days? Peter was always a smart kid, but more importantly was an everyman. Peter hasn't felt like a working class hero since the early 90's. Parker Industries? Come on man.

4. DarthOu

DarthOu 《Lord Vader》

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the idea of Parker Industries, its giving Peter Parker a sense of moving forward in the Marvel world, not struggling with money, dead end job that is working with JJJ. He's been broke like since he graduated from high school.

5. Mavericksserial

Mavericksserial Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps, but does that job have to be yet another Tony Stark, Mr. Fantastic type super genius industrialist? It's overcompensating if you ask me, and it removes him from the little guys that he was created to represent.

6. DarthOu

DarthOu 《Lord Vader》

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that he's just like a budget Tony Stark, but his company clearly heading in a different direction, creating gadget for the normal people (because the company origin was Horizon Lab) while Stark and Reed creation designed for specific people/company. Even if he's the CEO he's clearly doesn't act like Stark, still the same Parker we know and love. Regarding the little guys, sometimes even little guys succeed. Can't be the same person that sit in the bottom forever.

7. Mavericksserial

Mavericksserial Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shrug

Agree to disagree.