Recommendations Spirit/Demonic Beast Protagonist

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Goblin Sleuth, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you know those stories where an expert cultivator dies and his soul inhabits the body of some trash young master; a super cliche and common troupe. What I was wondering is there a story where the soul ends up in the body of one of those spirit or demon beasts, i.e those wild animals that can cultivate.

Specifically I'm looking for.
    • A protagonist who transmigrates/reincarnates as an demon/spirit beast.
    • They should be a former cultivator, and/or know some cultivation methods.
    • They needs to be reborn in a proper xianxia or xuanhuan world.
    • No weird closed rule system, for example the protagonist being a summoned beast.
    • Have the beast actually be something classic and cool, not weird or esoteric.
    • The protagonist true form should be their strongest form. So even if they can fight in human form, they have to turn back into a beast to use their fullpower.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
    otaku31 likes this.
  2. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whelp, the summoned beast exclusion eliminated the only one I vaguely remembered off the top of my head.

Goblin Sleuth likes this.
  3. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    There's one novel I currently read that fit it, but it's the side character not the main characters.

Goddess Helps Me Simulate Cultivation

So, the premise is MC have ability to simulate life, and give others chance to simulate life. One of the character choose Inhuman talent, which means she turned into a demonic beast in her simulated life.

She transmigrated into the simulator as demonic beast, she is a cultivator, she is reborn in a proper cultivation world, she doesn't possess system since the protagonist are the one who possessed the simulator, She reborn as a crow.

In any case, I read the story for the side character, since the main character is kinda dull and unrefined in my opinion.

4. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    I know what one you're thinking of, dude reads a book, turns into a kangaroo lizard creature, (never bother to really describe what he looks like) and he is reborn in this weird miniature world for summoned beasts. Yeah lost interest in that story really quickly, the annoying setting aside the protagonist wasn't that likeable, just an annoying self insert type character with zero personality or ambition.

Sounds kind of interesting, depends what simulation means here, (not interesting if this is some sort of artificial virtual reality crap) unfortunately it seems this story was taken off of NU because I can't find it.

KageTokage likes this.
  5. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so much specific that make things hard.

If we discard the second and third point, i know: dragon egg lets aim to be the strongest. Japanese novel, and MC is that kind of simpleton fool that solve things without much thinking. Emotions stronger than reason novel style.

Again discarding the second and third point: Demon’s virtue (non NU), MC is a demon and adopt and train a group of special orphans. The child care side is important but not the sole main theme of the novel.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  7. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I've already accepted that what I want probably doesn't exist. The closest thing is probably Legend of the Great Sage, which is about a human who turns into a demonic beast after practicing a sketchy cultivation method. It is actually what original inspired me to make this thread. I just liked how when the protagonist was pushed into a corner he could turn into some ferocious beast and wreck shit up. Although after a while his beast form got so huge he was essentially a Kaiju.... but well I'm already being too picky.

EDIT: Oh I have actually read the Dragon Egg one, very typical Japanese Monster Reincarnation story, i.e "I may be a monster, but I'm human at heart so let's try and befriend some humans, maybe I can even be a pet." Yeah that was exactly why I specified Xianxia or Xuanhuan story. It is so annoying when the protagonist has literally been turned into a monster and their first priority is find humans to befriend.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  8. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, that's the one. I dropped it quick too, though I did find him being a Kangaroo thing funny.

Goddess Simulation is basically about a guy transmigrating with a cheat that lets him simulate a whole new life. The problem is that the simulated life is in 'hard mode' and the MC isn't competent enough to survive long enough to actually be rewarded by his cheat. So, after a month of failing, the MC secretly tricks a cultivation genius into the simulation instead and just siphons her rewards.

9. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically nothing to do with what I was looking for. Still sounds interesting I'd like to try reading it, what is the title? I've tried searching for both Goddess Simulation, and Goddess Helps Me Simulate Cultivation, and haven't gotten a single result.

10. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    Read at Webnovel

11. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone's stated, read it on 'Webnovel' *wink* *wink*.

12. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Feels like I've been looking for something like this ever since I started on CNs, but all I ever seem to find is the weird Japanese ones (plenty of them, all equally soul-numbing), the summoned beast ones, the ones where the beast is already too OP, or one where it's the typical crap carp to dragon story. There's 'Tales of the World Devouring Serpent' but it's as bland as bland can be... besides, if it had to be a beast, I'd rather it be a mammal.

Aimless190 likes this.
  13. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    Found it, read what I could, but now it says I need to download the app if I want to continue reading. What sort of nonsense is this, I'm not reading on my phone when I have a perfectly good computer.

14. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, you don't know? Just type in the novel name in google, there are other sites... that's what the 'wink wink' part was about.

Now, don't do this for any novels except for Webnovel's, it's important to support the translators.

15. Deleted member 482013

Deleted member 482013 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really what I was looking for, but good suggestion. Just a shame it is virtual reality.

Deleted member 482013 likes this.
  17. Contradiction

Contradiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the cultivation xianxia/xuanhuan a must have? I only have one story that I forgot/abandoned that fits, so it'll take me a bit. Pretty sure it was on webnovel, which is just a pain to try and rediscover stories on. Dude gets reincarnated into the primordial era as some 9 headed water hydra dragon thing. Realizes he's in the primordial era with treasures everywhere, and starts his journey. Should be noted, he starts his journey as a pretty strong dude already. Not the strongest, but he's no pushover. Spends most of the journey as a human, but switches to dragon form quite frequently.

Theres beware of chicken, but that doesn't really line up with what you're looking for. Mc is a farmer, but his chicken is.... ridiculous.

If you're ok with litrpg's there's lots of animal protagonists.

18. Contradiction

Contradiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy cow, took me forever to find this.

Primitive age of xianxia by daoistdreamwalker. I read it on spacebattles, but might be on other platforms.