Spirit Realm

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by void, Apr 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. void

void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading Spirit Realm and wasn't able to understand artificers hiding their spirit diagrams.
    I understand that artificers guard their spirit diagrams very closely, but why can't people just study the diagrams in their artifacts?
    After all, mc himself scans the diagrams in artifacts to repair them. It should be very easy to steal spirit diagrams and they should be widespread.
    Please explain.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    the diagrams, i think, have sort of locks on them that prevent people from doing that. Repairing something and creating something are entirely different. Unless you know the core components i should think its hard to replicate them for lower ranked/skilled artificers. Of course some can probably know how to make a diagram just from seeing how they are made or studying the diagram, but i dont think most would be able to do that.

3. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Spirit Diagrams are something like innovations. Naturally,they want to avoid others copying them. They want to profit themselves. And,there are no patent systems. So,they will strive to protect them. Ofc,if the artificer with higher skill can break through their defenses. Then again,such higher level artificers wont care about lower diagrams. They want their innovations to be passed on to those who they trust.

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  4. void

void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I didn't read anything about defenses; and anybody could sense the diagrams within the artifacts.

5. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    They can 'sense' them,not study them.Big difference. The defenses I talk about are what makes them not study worthy..Wait,you didnt even come across any defenses? I think you should read a bit more before questioning...things get explained slowly.

6. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    true, but at higher levels the diagrams would be so complicated that almost no one who hasn't been taught how to make them would be able to replicate the diagrams anyway even without any defence--locks or whatnot that cloud the mind of people trying to replicate the diagrams--placed on them. If you are insanely talented and patient enough like QL--who failed hundreds, thousands of times before he was able to make those first three diagrams his gramps left him--then it's possible, but other than those cases there's a very small chance anyone can properly form the diagrams due to them being so complicated. Remember that even when Song Tingyu told that master artificer of the Song Family exactly what she saw when QL was creating the Terminator Profound Bombs he still wasn't able to crack the diagrams. He was told like every hand stroke QL used, yet still couldn't do anything. It's doubtful he could solve it even if he had a bomb with him to study.

Actually now that i think of it, wasn;t QL given some sort of technique or item some time ago that prevented people from being able to replicate his diagrams? I should think something like that is used often. As i said, those locks, if i remember right, confuse the minds of others.