Spoiler Spoiler request Doomed to be Cannon Fodder

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, May 15, 2017.

1. shelvibie17

shelvibie17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh i think ML mother is not kind of evil MIL :eek:

kiara8 likes this.
  2. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    @ChuChi so the author didn't explained then. Or it can be the second one her original body condition get worse and then they need to transfer her to better hospital, maybe...o_Oo_O
    When I read her wake up the first time, I thought this story will end with MC wake up to her original world (and ML somehow come too) like the MC in "Assassin Farmer".

@shelvibie17 I think MIL more like want the best for her son.

Villainess_lovers likes this.
  3. shelvibie17

shelvibie17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Aeiru28 yeah i think so too but at least in this novel the MIL is not trying to break this couple.
    I often find MIL is so evil and really dislike MC and make me frustrating so much

4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hee so many who already asking for spoiler lel~
    nyohohoho~

Poor_Hero likes this.
  5. MiharuKasumi

MiharuKasumi [Dark Chocolate Mage], [Epi's Pet]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you all for the spoileeeeer :LOL:

May I also ask one?

After she was found out to be a woman during the war and the MC took part of the punishment for the ML, how long did she suffer from the fever? Did she also go back to her time during that time?

scriptor likes this.
  6. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    MC just had a regular fever. It wasn't very long and I think the doctor took care of it. No, she didn't flash back to her own time.

I just about finished reading through more of the raws and wow, so much action and development. *.*

The war front is pretty straightforward with scheming and stuff. Because our MC is extremely beautiful and our ML's woman (top general), she's targeted by some people. Cool thing is that she's pretty proactive and tries to stab or poison them, succeeding most of the time. Our ML does clean-up mostly. Also, it's hilarious because the entire army under Long Heng admires and likes her lol. They get fired up in her defense.

Most of the real trouble occurs back at the capital between the Emperor and Long Heng. Emperor is uneasy over Long Heng's popularity/fame/success and Long Heng is just SMH leave me alone to have a lovey-dovey life with my concubine waifu. At one point Long Heng gets beaten up again for some BS reason and there's a cute scene as he goes back home and MC is all worried and nurses him. He's out of action for a while since he was beaten so hard his skin's stripped off. One reason for the beating was that ML asked to marry MC properly I think. (concubine --> official waifu)

MC's side of the family sends over an annoying sister who angers her so much (trying to be a concubine, in those days a man could have a wife and lots of concubines) she passes out. Long Heng was long since unhappy over this because he's determined to have only the MC. MIL was wavering a bit until her son took her to task and said he was happy with his woman (no need to reenact the drama that MIL went through to keep him safe) and that MC was definitely fertile i.e. more grandkids aren't a problem. MIL realizes that they have a pretty sweet family as is and gives in because her son's right. Her decision is cemented by how shamelessly MC's sister is chasing the ML; she looks down on that kinda thing. ML directly kicks the sister out of the house lol. Has people drag and throw her out.

There's more intrigue in the court as the heroine somehow becomes one of the Emperor's concubines and is STILL scheming against our MC. Our MC has been getting manlier lol (too much exposure to ML? LOLOLOL) and at one point in the party sneaks off to dunk and wreck the heroine in mud and gunk before going triumphantly back. MC is spick-and-span (only wet) and looks sexy even while the heroine looks like a mud monster. MC and Long Heng inadvertently set up a scheme so the heroine's continuing infidelities come to light and Emperor has to punish her. Unfortunately, our MC is too excellent and now that skeevy Emperor's got his eyes on her. During the MC and ML's wedding ceremony (that almost got wrecked by the heroine), the Emperor tried to rape our MC but our MC pulled out a golden hairpin and threatened his family jewels. XDDDDD He had to give up because MC had called over a bunch of witnesses and he couldn't make a move in front of so many ppl; MC is Long Heng's woman and therefore this booboo is too big. MC goes back to ML for comfort (ML was a little late) and ML is super p-ssed off but appropriately comforting to our MC. MC had been drugged with an aphrodisiac (which is how Emperor could corner her) but because of her plants has sorta a delayed reaction, so she and the ML spend the night working it off. (bet you ML's going to plot revenge in earnest now, ohohoho~)

Forgot at which point, but the heroine does indeed get her tongue cut out and is sold to a brothel as a 2nd rate prostitute (2nd rate = flesh business only unlike 1st rate which is higher rank and more for show). ML is brutal lol.

Going back to read more~

7. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    *munches popcorn* Man, I didn't like the heroine after she ran off and hurt BXX in the process, and reading these spoilers make me like her even less. She's gone outright villain! Σ(°ロ°)

No wonder I've been avoiding translating the chapters with her in it, ahaha~ *munch munch*

(Have only read up to c80ish so far, translation slows things down a loooot~).

JimmyFalcon, soysuva, Aeiru28 and 3 others like this.
  8. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, at first I kinda thought the heroine was cute. I was looking forward to the MC having a little sister sort of friend. But then stuff happened and the heroine's 'cute' behavior went way overboard into no-no territory. :/

She's a complete villain by the end and nuts to boot. As MC puts it very well, the heroine would have done okay for herself if only she'd been a bit more decent and not seduced and used every man in her path as a pawn. It has nothing to do with our MC. (the heroine keeps blaming our MC for her own faults...)

LOL I completely understand what you mean about translation. I translate The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System and I find myself adding footnotes and triple-checking stuff to make sure I got things right. I suggest MTL or something to read ahead, that helps sometimes in working out earlier chapters. (cough, MTL-read everything like 3 times because I was so obsessed, cough)

9. Singularmine

Singularmine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does that mean they can communicate with any cacti or only that one, whatever it's name is.

10. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    MTL is a bit tough, but I think our MC gets another cactus. They're like Yin-Yang cactii or something. She can communicate with both as far as I know.

Vishaakha likes this.
  11. Singularmine

Singularmine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about others? Is it cacti in general or...

scriptor likes this.
  12. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, first one is the fire-something named one that she gets initially. Second one she gets while at war with her hubby somehow. Think the second one is more of a straightforward poison type cactus. The most talkative cactus is still her 1st one.

Best check with someone who isn't MTL-ing about the cactii lol, I'm mostly reading for fluff. :3

13. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Last arc is mostly about ML's coup to depose the Emperor and the aftermath.

ML is sneaky sneaky. He fakes a serious injury at one point and MC (through cactus) thought he was going to die and was super distraught. He came back to a very upset wife and has to comfort her and tell her that this is part of his plan to take down the Emperor. Blah blah plotting, MC is pregnant and ML is worried his waifu is going to pull something like she did for the war. She tells him that she's pregnant and not going anywhere before he's reassured. LOL (it's a Chinese thing for a pregnant woman to be stationary and fed and happy so the kid is born well under best conditions; nothing to do with whether you can move or not)

Time skip as ML is away warring against the Emperor (discretely I think?). When he finally comes home, he's shocked and worried that MC is giving birth. She's screaming in pain and when he tries to rush in, she yells at him ahahaha. MIL explains that any woman would be angry at being left alone to shoulder so much pressure alone and he feels guilty. But he's still let in later because MC still wants him, awwww~ And there's hilariousness as a son pops out, they think it's over, then midwife tells them to wait, there's another one...

So those are the dragon-phoenix twins that it's been mentioned they have. MC is already showing signs of being a doting papa lol, he wants to hold his daughter esp. but they look so weak he doesn't dare. And he's also worried over MC because this is another difficult birth (no flash to the present unlike last time). She's super tired and he stays by her. :3

Blah blah Emperor is taken down, ML is made Emperor and MC as his wife. I'm not clear about this part in MTL, but it seems he's threatened/laid down an order to have anyone trying to become part of the Imperial Harem executed lol. This way his waifu remains alone as his only significant other in the Palace. XD

People don't dare talk back because 1) this is hard-ass military man Long Heng we're talking about and 2) the Empress (MC) has given him 3 kids (2 sons and a daughter). There's kind of no point arguing with him on this.

Ends with MC and ML living a happy life and the talent for talking to the cactii passed down through their kids. The cactii are known as holy plants lol. MC and ML left behind a legend as super great rulers (MC had a hand in a few 'modern' reforms too).

Some side characters get together in the extras, but I didn't pay attention to their names much.

14. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    When I peek the last chapter, I laughed when it is said that the people treated the cactus as holy plant and planted it in their courtyard. It make me think that the royal family, as some gained MC ability, will know the latest gossip news in the empire as the cactus already everywhere.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  15. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    What I am getting is that this story is centered around cacti...lol I should have known when she was pricked by one in the first chapter. Such dangerous plants >.<

16. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    :D:D
    Of course it is... It began with cactus...
    Even he blend into background, he still one of BX helpers... He too slowly grows and next *bam* he transformed into holy plants...(and I think he will always help BX and her descendants)

As some people says...Huo'er is the real MC...*cough*

17. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just would like to clarify some things but mostly @scriptor managed to summarize all important bits in the novel

- it was the ML's cousin who wanted to be the concubine. She knows that she can't be the main wife so hoping to be a concubine but because of BX she was rejected because LH only loves BX. The MIL saw her wanting to pull LH's sleeves and decided that LH was right that a shameless woman like her would only be a source of problem to the fu. At the end she went at the winter courtyard and slapped BX because the cousin thinks that she was the reason she was refused, then she suddenly went crazy and LH witnessed it. And because he saw the mark on BX face, he became enraged and had the cousin thrown out.
    - it was the hunting party that is where all the heroine's sexcapades were known to all guests. The hunting party is a historical event that everybody has to attend, even if LH was previously "injured" by the emperor, he was still rdered to attend by the emperor, this made the emperor's reputation plummet to the guests because he forced LH to participate eventhough he was injured by the beating just 2 days prior. That is the last point of the heroine, after that she goes down hard resulting to her being sold as prostitute with no future.
    -the one where the emperor tried to rape BX is at the garden party at the palace hosted by Su guniang (who was Su Jun). They wanted to scheme to have BX, at this time she is already Li Wangfei, to have the crime of seducing the emperor, then the emperor would give mercy and only have her as concubine instead of killing her then slowly bullying her to force her to give the recipe for the gunpowder, but as expected, plans go awry. BX managed to stay awake and one of LH dark wei arrived to KO emperor. Then BX acted as though emperor saved her from the eunuch, that was previously guarding the door, that tried to assassinate her. Then BX was successful because not only she escaped, her enemies are forced to play along with her act. At this point, i am confused, because in the mtl, it was sort-of stated that BX, or someone else, managed to injure the emperor down there, that the emperor thought that he became a eunuch? But in the later chapters, he still visits his concubines... so this part confuses me.
    - the first is the cactus she got in the earliest chapters, the second, i am not sure if it was really a cactus but in the mtl it was called the mandala plant. It was a legendary plant that can grant wishes/request once it was bonded to you, aka feeding it one's blood. She discovered it when she was imprisoned by the enemy leader when she went to the battlefield. After feeding it for 2 days(?), she asked the plant to have everyone within 10 paces distance from her to fall unconscious, this is one of her defence that she uses all throughout the novel.
    - then at her next pregnancy, she was worried because due to the spying abilities of Huo'er she managed to discover of the plot by the emperor and Su Jun to hire assassins to kill LH, but even telling this to him, he still goes out everyday. Until one day, he was taken to the fu, full of blood due to injuries. BX fainted due to the doctor telling her that it was due to the large amount of blood lost that LH may go to coma. But LH managed to wake up because of BX fainting, that is when they discovered that she is 2 months pregnant. When she regain consciousness, LH told her of his plan to play dead to force the mastermind to act, he had to tell her as he knows that pregnant women musn't be worried.
    -the douche emperor was actually kidnapped by LH to have prince Rong become the emperor. Prince Romg and LH are allies, also LH doesn't want to become emperor because BX doesn't want to become empress. However, because PR is too soft hearted he was easily schemed until the harem is in disarray, and they found out of LH's plan to move to Nincheng(?), the town that was previously they used for the base in the war, to have a peaceful life, so the royal couple in secret, decreed to have LH be the emperor because the emperor now knows that he is not fit to be a ruler. No one can refute as nobody is more qualified to be emperor than LH, so he can only accept. Also when LH became emperor, he was really domineering that he outright state that no one can force him and his wife to obey rules because he makes the rules.(y)

Edit: sorry it was really long.

18. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! I KNEW I missed some stuff in MTL. XD

19. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @scriptor mtl slowly kills your brain, so no worries been there done that, it was only because i re-read the novel again that i sometimes managed to understand the chapters... though the author does seem to leave some things unanswered, can you tell me what is the deal with LH other family members? I know that he and his mother separated from the family because they are only users without ability, was there any movement from them?
    And remember BX's dumb younger sister? What happened to her? Did she really married that An son?

Aeiru28, alexfilia and scriptor like this.
  20. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    @ChuChi Can you elaborate on the part where heroine's sexcapades is made known to everyone?

lazynoodles likes this.