Spoiler Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu romance

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 1, 2017.

1. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Tsuruhana in tsuntsun for Reika. She's probably Reika's closet fan? :cookie::cookie::cookie: And, wanting to get attention from her idol, she tried the easiest way: calling out to her in the most annoying way possible :blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek:
    I mean, who doesn't want to get close to a pretty princess? Especially a princess that looks like a doll like Reika :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

2. aceclover95

aceclover95 『Starry Night Translator』『Ruler of Sloth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I found her scary because she's two-faced and used that to her advantage. I mean, everyone (except maybe few people) saw her as this majestic and fragile beauty that made you want to protect her, while she's probably a cunning and possessive bi--ahem, lady. She used that reputation of her for her advantage, and as long as she has her status as a 'fiance' she could make it like Reika is the one who's malicious to her.

And Tsuruhana is just that stupid, I guess.

SherSher231 and lazynoodles like this.
  3. Yumika12345

Yumika12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys i was re-reading chapter 299 and how did yukino get reika's phone number. :blobxd: Unless enjou gave yukino reika's phone number. I don't remember yukino and reika ever exchanging phone numbers or enjou either. OMG guys maybe enjou is a little bit of a stalker for reika :blobxd:

4. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh i get it. But damn. I think if she tries to slander Reika, she’d lose her status as a fiance candidate faster than Reika can eat a whole cake. considering how Enjou said he would take her side when Tsurahana slandered Reika, I dont doubt for a minute that Enjou would find a way to raise hell for Yuiko if she slandered Reika.

Also that makes me question whose family is stronger? I mean, the Kaburagis are supposedly the undisputed number 1 family in Japan according to the novel, and Reika says that only two people are above her in the Suiran Caste, and thats Kaburagi and Enjou. Kisshouin is a pretty privelaged and powerful family as well, but where does her family stack up? Top 10? Top 50? If the Kisshouin’s were only the third most powerful family of Japan, I dont see why Reika should have ANY social troubles. Pissing off the Kisshouins by attacking their princess would should equate to declaring war... and considering how the Kaburagis and the Enjous have a favorable impression of Reika, its like going against the top three families of Japan at once. (Which makes me wonder how stupid Tsurahana is, since this info should be blatantly obvious to even a casual Reika-observer).

Where does the Uryuu family stand then? Theyre related to the Enjous (by Mama Enjou, apparently), but Shuusuke, as the heir, should be able to tell her “no” and get her to piss off when he wants to hang out with Reika and Masaya, but he doesnt and instead has to keep doing ‘errands’ (taking her out for dates) that stress him out. He pretty much is throwing out every warning signal that he doesnt have plans to marry her, so I dont get where Yuiko’s confidence in bullying Reika would stem from. If Yuiko even thought Shuusuke liked Reika and had an inkling of how black his heart is, she should be stopping herself then and there to avoid retribution from him.

seikyo, Leilacus, Otaku0123 and 4 others like this.
  5. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    The caller ID that showed up was Yukino, so definitely he had exchanged numbers with Reika prior to the event. If Shuusuke stupidly gave Reika’s phone number to Yukino and she got a no caller ID call and heard Yukino’s voice, no matter how much she loved that lil angel, she would be freaking out and asking him where he got it.

Also Reika had reluctantly given her number to Kaburagi previously. I don’t see why Shuusuke wouldn’t take advantage and ask her for it as well. I know we see those two as creepy stalkers, but Kaburagi has enough common sense (or he doesn’t have good enough spies like Reika does) to acquire people’s number directly from them, while Shuusuke is shameless enough to capitalize on Masaya’s tyranny towards Reika to acquire stuff from her.

Kittsune and Yumika12345 like this.
  6. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually just thought of this but like how Reika already tried to find suitable clothes for the fireworks date right after the call, do you guys think Enjou quickly ran to his room and tried to find fashionable clothes that would capture Reika’s heart?

I wonder how Yukino thinks of his brother’s using him to get on good terms with Reika... just imagining Enjou asking Yukino what he thinks Reika would prefer while Yukino gives him a blank look makes me laugh.

7. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Yukino and Reika already exchange number. After all when he is calling her, her phone already showed to that it is Yukino who is calling, right....
    and with this, then Enjou doesn't need to ask Reika's number as he already have the trump card....(I don't think Yukino will deny his brother if he ask him, though)

SnowdropLily likes this.
  8. Yumika12345

Yumika12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Enjou has a soft spot for family so i think he's only putting up with her for his mother. His mother doesn't have a healthy body so maybe she's guilt tripping enjou into hanging out with yuiko so they could develop feelings. And who knows maybe yuiko likes enjou's cunning mind.

lazynoodles likes this.
  9. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    ... concerning that, perhaps he gets his scheming from her. Anyways, i feel like its too counterproductive... and if Yuiko likes his cunning mind, I wonder how she’d react when that cunning mind is used against her.

lazynoodles likes this.
  10. aceclover95

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope they would accidentally wear the same color! Then Enjou would say that it's "fate" or something while Reika denied it lol. Let's speculate what will they do in the firework festival! I think Yukino would grabbed Reika's hand and pulled her to many stands, like fish-scooping stand, or the apple candy stand, or the shooting booth. And then Enjou would show off by shooting the teddy bear or maybe a bunny plushy off the booth and gave it to Reika while saying "because Kisshouin-san is cute like a bunny". Reika would get doki doki and blamed him (in her mind) as Imari-sama's heir. Reika and Yukino would share a plate of takoyaki or cotton candy or some other food. Maybe they would meet other Suiran friends or Reika's friends from cram school. Then while they were enjoying themselves...

"Shuu..?"

Then cliffhanger! XD Ah I really can't wait for the firework festival!

11. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how Mama Kisshounin will react to her daughter going on a date with the Enjou’s heir (and his little brother). Perhaps this would kickstart her mother changing boats and jumping onto the ReiNjou ship and leaving the sinking KabuRei ship!

And back to the topic!

Ohhh and a festival date! Perfect! But im sure Reika would trounce any rumors saying she went on a date with Enjou by saying he came because his little brother wanted to play at the fireworks festival (Reika-sama, why...).

Sadly they’ll be at a restaurant and Reika cant wear a yukata, but she can still wear a dress! I wouldnt be surprised if Enjou went with something safe and stylish, and had several colored coats hidden away to match with Reika (im ridiculous, i know).

So its food then fireworks, wouldn’t it be awesome if Enjou actually gets to feed her this time?! Last time at the cafe, he couldn’t do it because he pissed off Reika too much, but now he must build good vibes and feed Reika-chan!

... that would be a horrible place for Yuiko to interrupt now, wouldnt it...

Kittsune, SherSher231, XD and 2 others like this.
  12. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually i remembered this just but, has Reika started on the wedding dress Reika doll?

I feel deeply amused at the prospect of the club members debating over who the groom should be (The freaking shipwar the Handicrafts club would start just from the presentation of the Reika doll in a wedding dress... there has to be a groom! It cannot be one without the other!)

Also what do you think Kaburagi’s and Enjou’s reactions to the doll would be? “Wow you're narcissistic.” And “You are fatter than that.” Are my top speculations for Kaburagi’s reactions. As for Enjou, if he likes Reika, he might use that as an opportunity to ask about her marriage plans in the future, (proposal without the proposing) and we get to see Reika destroy the flag by saying something like “Oh my, I never really thought of marriage. I haven’t even had a boyfriend before.” and then kills Enjou by following it up with “Uryuu-san is such a fitting bride for you, Enjou-sama. I wish you all the best.”

<Enjou used Marriage Plans!>
    <Reika dodged!>
    <Reika used Offhand Comments.>
    <Its super effective!>
    <Enjou has taken 10000 damage!>

13. aceclover95

Reading List:
    Link
    No, Reika hasn't even touched the sewing equipment. Last time she remembered about the wedding doll is before she went to Hokkaido, if I'm not wrong. Yes! There has to be a groom doll! I think that perhaps Reika would base the groom on somebody else, maybe Naru or someone else, but other people misunderstood and thought that the groom was either Kaburagi or Enjou.

My number one prediction for Kaburagi's reaction is: "Where is the <insert Chinese zodiac name>'s ears/tail?"

And I agree with your Enjou's reactions XD but Reika has shown rather high pride about these kind of things (like when she told the stories of going to aquarium ambiguously so it would look like she had dates, or when she told her cram school friends what she did with her guy-friends in Suiran) so I don't think Reika would answer directly that she never has a boyfriend. I would like Reika to answer with something like: "Well, I have been introduced to some of my parents' associates' sons, but there hasn't been any concrete plan." which I hope will be followed up by Enjou asking for Reika's hand to her parents.

14. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Im soooo betting she will ask Oniisama for help again. Only this time I think he too would broach the subject of her future marriage plans, before telling Reika that no matter who she choses he will support her. I wonder if Oniisama has any preference for who he would want Reika to marry. Considering all the whining Reika has done about Kaburagi, I’m pretty sure Oniisama isn't in the KabuRei camp. I think that in the past, someone mentioned that maybe Oniisama and Enjou had met behind the scenes and are collaborating over something (probs related to Reika) so maybe Oniisama would be the one to ask Reika about the groom doll and end up revealing his preferred groom for his lil sister?

On the topic of Oniisama... well, didn’t Imari say he would give Reika a ring for her eighteenth birthday? When is that? Also, did anyone noticed how Reika never mentioned her birthday parties in the novel? Her christmas parties and even New Year’s plans were mentioned, but I don’t recall anything concerning her birthday. Would she end up inviting the petite and her friends since they’ve grown closer? (But if Yukino goes, Shuusuke follows huh... and then Masaya follows... ohhhh the rumors that would spread~~~)

(=_=) Kaburagi, the King of Insensitivity. Goodness, what kind of etiquette is that for an heir?!

So then its more like;

Enjou: So have your parents ever asked you about your marriage plans?

Reika: They’ve mentioned it from time to time...

Enjou: oh, really? But from what I hear, you’ve never attended an omiai before. (Omiais are Japanese for marriage interview... i think)

Reika: <irritated> *smiles* Well, I have been introduced to numerous sons of my parent’s associates, and met a few on my own, but none have ever interested me enough to attend an omai. Goodness, you’re so lucky, Enjou-sama, that you managed to find such a lovely bride in Uryuu-san. I wish you the best in your marriage to her.

Enjou: *archaic smile* ...yes, thank you for your blessings.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  15. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I also realized this but how much of the Zodiac has Reika finished ?

I remember Sheep and Rat, and then there were the Bremen Animals which were the Donkey, Dog, Cat and Hen/Rooster. Reika is already half finished with the Zodiac, and I think Kaburagi mentioned that Yukino has plans to make a Cow for Reika? So she already has seven down (although from what I know, the Zodiac does not include the cat).

And Kaburagi made that unnecessary comment to her class last year about the Snake and Dragon being hard to pull off, but to do their best. Plus with all the mafia jokes going around Kaburagi and Reika, and the theme of Reika’s class typically doing a cafe, i have a feeling the next one will be Yakuza or Japanese styled with a Dragon fan in the middle as a center piece... oh my. The generals will definitely not let that pass!

I have a horrible feeling that Kaburagi is going to help her achieve the completion of the Chinese Zodiac as thanks for helping him in his love journey! (Come on, Kaburagi would DEFINITELY do that as payment for all the help she’s given him!)

Edit: She also finished Rabbit (courtesy of Enjou and his latte art) and I’m pretty sure Kaburagi likens her to a Pig a lot so she actually has finished about eight of the Zodiac (in Kaburagi’s eyes, probs). The only ones she hadn’t done are Dragon, Snake, Tiger, Monkey, and she often calls herself a paper tiger...!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Kittsune, BlancFrost and Rinfantasy like this.
  16. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    ~ the thread is so quiet ~

Does anyone remember what Reika’s old name and family was like? I can’t remember if it was mentioned somewhere, but all I remember is her mentioning her Sea Lion (past life) father and Naru-kun. Did Reika ever reveal what her past was or she completely forgot everything but the Kimi no Dolce manga she read (and some commoner-related stuff)?

Edit: I remember her saying she forgot some stuff and did not have memories past the age of twenty, but I just dont recall if she ever mentioned her own or family’s names but she does recall her interactions with them.

17. aceclover95

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that Reika had a younger sister, that her mom could cook and that Reika missed her cooking, and Reika had tried to go to where her home in her past life was but there was nothing but empty land.

18. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember that too, but I feel like Reika had mentioned her sister’s name at one point (or Im just remembering wrong).

19. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Enjou POV on the last chapter in NU

I smiled at Masaya as he appeared, looking irritated and restless. Goodness, what had gotten him so worked up now?

“Hello, Masaya. What’s wrong?”

“I need to consult you about something.”

“Oh? About what?” I raised an eyebrow at his words. Is it the sports festival? I’ll say it again if I have to, I will not help you turn our schoolmates into your champions for the cavalry battle. I’ve had enough of watching your perfectionism on exam week, I don’t need to see it during the festival.

“Kisshouin. She said something to me earlier and its been bothering me all day, so I want your thoughts on it.”

I kept smiling at Masaya as my mood dropped. Oh? Since when were you two so close? “Oh, I didn’t know the two of you had gotten so close that you partake in such lengthy conversations with her...” I saw Masaya shiver. Hm, does he sense my bad mood? It would be better if he did.

“It wasn’t lengthy at all. She just said it in passing!” Masaya defended himself as he sat down. An irritated expression soon crossed his face as he spoke, “She said that my attentiveness to Takamichi is causing jealousy- Isn’t that ridiculous? So annoying! What exactly does Kisshouin mean by that!”

I recalled the incident in my class that happened this morning, and looked at him helplessly as I gave a pained smile and nodded. Masaya, how can you not understand? Reika laid it out so simply already.

“Hey, help me figure it out!”

“Masaya, perhaps it would be better if you reflect about it by yourself. Why are you agonizing yourself over this anyways?”

“I’ve tried and I failed, so thats why I’m consulting you! And its because this concerns Takamichi!” Masaya paused and a look of suspicion crossed his face. “Do you think…”

I sighed looking at him. “Do I think what?”

“Do you think Kisshouin is jealous and thats why she told me this?”

I looked over at Masaya who seemed to be utterly confused, and I felt a cold smile appear on my face, “I’m sure Kisshouin-san does not feel anything particular towards your love life. She is the leader of the girls here, so perhaps she is trying to tell you to control your fans again? Be careful, Masaya. If you do it poorly and end up causing more trouble, Kisshouin-san might come and tear you down again.” I smiled as I recalled the first time Reika lost herself to rage and tore into Masaya. As his friend, I shouldn’t have found it as entertaining as I did, but it was a spectacular show. Unfortunately, in order to calm things down, I had to smooth things over with Reika, and recieved a punch in the gut for my efforts.

I rubbed my stomach as I felt phantom pains from remembering that incident. Masaya gave me a look of fear and apprehension as he recalled the incident. Yeah, I get it. You remembered why she is called the Goddess Kali, didn’t you?

“Masaya, good luck. Try not to anger Kisshouin-san too much.” I smiled as I left the salon. Hmph. Don’t let your ego inflate so much, Reika likes older (mature) men, the complete opposite of you! Don’t make me find a needle to deflate that ego of yours!

What do you guys think of my Enjou POV?

seikyo, Elphin, SnowdropLily and 13 others like this.
  20. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hope you guys dont mind me writing random Enjou POVs out of nowhere and if you do mind I’m really sorry...

Elphin, Otaku0123 and aceclover95 like this.