Spoiler Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu romance

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 1, 2017.

1. saekicchi

saekicchi (≧◡≦) ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    I like his character, too. Even Enjou commented how Kaburagi's so straightforward that you wouldn't have to wonder about hidden intentions. I like how Reika can be herself when with him and vice versa.
    I mean, no one's commenting on Enjou's manipulative and sometimes bordering-on-creepy attitude but whatever. I guess "haraguro" types are just really that popular.
    But that's the problem though, Kaburagi is so straightforward that the chances of him and Reika happening is lower compared to Enjou/Reika. Unless the author makes him he's one of those guys who only realize they actually like someone when faced with a rival.

Speaking of Reika's love life though, she really has no immunity to love. Umekawa's friends calling her Reika-chan made her brain crash. I guess if Enjou pursues her in a more straightforward manner (stop using your brother, ugh) she won't stand a chance.
    But if I can't read about Reika fumbling on a relationship, I'd prefer if she remains single until the end of the novel.

Fuyuneko and mereumsama like this.
  2. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The appeal of ReiNjou is that she generally doesn't accept his crap
    Like that beautiful gut-punch and yelling at him when he dumped Jerkaburagi on him. and when he tried to get her to cheer up heart-broken Kaburagi she told Bakaburagi to consider Monkhood or becoming gay (ain't no one messing with Reika), and when he tried to get her to stay with him and Yuiko during the party she went and left him
    He does still scare her, but only when Reika's at fault (considering to spread rumors about MasaShuu and revealing that he had plans during White Day), he does treat her like a girl and helped her many times (Ririna incident, telling the pivoine to stay silent about Reika lashing out at them, Defends Reika from Kaburagi's harassment and helped Reika deals with the girl's questions, get Wakaba during Locker incident, and when Maihama started saying how disgraceful of Reika it was to fast, he shut her up with using Mama Kaburagi's name. And he intimidated Tsuruhana and said he'd take Reika's side if she continued to slander her etc etc)
    I feel like ReiNjou scenes would be much sweeter if they were adaptated to manga/anime (like the umbrella scene)
    And it's hilarous that in any other manga/novel sending a firefly to her would have been seen as romantic, but Reika just think they're gross during the day.
    And I could list all the things that made me think betterbof Enjou, but I'd have to read the story from scratch.
    I wouldn't ship ReiNjou if not for the gut-punch/ Reika not putting up with Enjou's crap. Rather than Enjou scaring Reika, I really like when she's the one being rude (implying MasaShuu many times with him while he desperatly denies is one of my favorites )
    MizuRei woukd be the most ideal, but I feel he's more into Wakaba.
    MizuRei > ReiNjou >>>> KabuRei
    Which part of being so scared of his intimidating presence and Reika 1's bad end and always agreeing with him out of fear is "being herself" ? She got much more relaxed around him after she became his love advisor, but I can't recall a single instance of "Reika being herself around Kaburagi" before that. She's much more herself around Enjou and is being the most herself around Mizusaki
    Ugh MizuRei is the best after all ~

3. Ninilia

Ninilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally don't know. I mean to be honest I want neither of them.

Kaburagi is a jerk, and again I actually do like him as a character, because he is entertaining. But yeah he is pretty much an asshole to Reika, and I wouldn't want them to end up together. He's so disrespectful, that sometimes my jaw dropped (calling her out on her insecurities is a douche move). Not to mention I get a sexist vibe from him?? I know Japan is another culture and so on, but sometimes I'm truly amazed on what that guy says.

On the matter of Wakaba... I like her. Though not enough to ship her with Reika, but enough to want the best option for her (even if she's a bit too perfect). I'm sure that Kaburagi would treat her right... The thing with Kaburagi that annoys me that he is really unfairly rude and almost evil to everyone but his closer ones. He's especially rude to Reika. So back to Wakaba, I just don't think she actually likes him romantically?? Maybe it's for the better, I sometimes think he deserves it. Again I like him, but I want karma for him.

On the other hand, Enjou is really not the best one either. In my perspective, I don't hate nor love any type of guy in romantic stories, because one type can be good in one story and utterly horrible in another. Just a simplified example: A jerk male lead can be good if we either focus on why acts like this or if he gets it back. Karma. I mean if I wanna be honest with myself it's pretty satisfying to watch them suffer after they treated the main character like shit. If it does not happen and the main girl has to do everything until the end and guy remains a jerk then it's a bad one.

I think Enjou has the potential to be a good one. If he is not in power when it comes to the relationship my I would get on the ship. So what I'm trying to say here, that I don't want to see pathetic Reika, who has to run after Enjou, or who gets mushy mushy if Enjou does one nice thing to her. Oh no! I want Enjou to be the one who runs after Reika, and has to anticipate. Also I don't want Enjou to be really manipulative, who is always in control.

So, yeah. If he would be pining over Reika, I would love that. For example, I would love to see him jealous. Uhmm... Maybe the best way to imagine this, is him meeting those flirty guys who call Reika Reika-chan, or Gaudy piercings-kun who is really intimate with Reika, or for him to witness one of those iconic Imari - Reika flirting scenes. And realize he is even further than he thought he was. We could say that for Enjou I want a rival.

Okay, just a side note, early on this thread people talked about if the hints are true, than Enjou is quite pathetic. And I would love that, actually. Well, it's just my weird mania, that I can't stand if the characters are not even and their relationship is not balanced. I also admit that I'm heavily biased towards Reika, so maybe my idea of a balanced relationship is actually not at all balanced, but that's how I see things.

B2j, winterprison, Otaku0123 and 6 others like this.
  4. iNapoleon

iNapoleon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree

5. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do agree that Enjou is not the best choice for Reika, MizuRei and WakaRei are much better in that regard.
    I feel like it's somewhat already the case. None can litteraly run after the other because of their image, but Reika does avoid him all the time and he have to be insistant or use Kaburagi or Yukino to spend time with her.
    And I really can't imagine Enjou getting openly jealous in Kenkyo Kenjitsu. And it'd be pretty creepy if he did. A jealous Enjou would probably be limited to him having a scary smile and settling the situation with a few retorts. And I can't imagine a guy daring to be flirty with godess Kali or doing so in front of Enjou of all people.
    A funny scenario would be Reika fallinh for a girl and courting her, we saw through her advice to Kaburagi, Class Rep and Iwamuro that she's really good at knowing what a girl would want, she's kinda like Imari's disciple at being a Casanova.
    Would probably be too scared to go after Wakaba with Kaburagi as a rival though

6. OHtheNovelty

OHtheNovelty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kaburagi is like the little annoying brother Reika is super happy she doesn't have. Imo, Reika and Kaburagi are too alike to get together because these two haven't changed at all since childhood. Yeah, Kaburagi is definitely more assertive and louder (both in actions and in words) than Reika, but they definitely do things alike. Both thinking each other as weird, both stalking the ones they like (Reika is more low-key), and both are definitely unreliable narrators. These two like to live in their own worlds. Their views on people definitely can't be trusted.

This is just my two cents on how I see Reika and Kaburagi together. If they end up together............it'll be interesting. I'll want Kaburagi to be tsundere then. Tsundere is literally the only thing I'll accept for his jerk ways.

7. Jangho-shin

Jangho-shin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please post the link to the raws? There are way too many comments that i don't think i'll be able to catch up...thanks...plss.....someone out there

8. Jangho-shin

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello can you post some raw links pls?...huhuhuhu

9. Jangho-shin

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did you read it guys? Can't find it at novelall does it have an alternative title?

10. theragingpanda

theragingpanda ‹ lost in the books ›

Reading List:
    Link
    I spend my whole day just to finish reading this thread and some (I forgot what since I fell asleep halfway reading and continuing after waking up) word just crashed my impression of Kaburagi and Enjou because tbh I'm sitting on Enjou's and Kanta's ship :notlikeblob: And now I'm only shipping Reika with Kanta (if that was Wakaba's lil bro correct name) after reading the baking chapter way back then. :blobpats::cookie:

Juria likes this.
  11. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Fanfiction. Net has all 299 current chapters translated

Jangho-shin likes this.
  12. FallensWrath

FallensWrath Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    theragingpanda and Jangho-shin like this.
  13. Jangho-shin

Reading List:
    Link
    immortaltear likes this.
  14. Jangho-shin

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

immortaltear likes this.
  15. Ninilia

Ninilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right, on the other hand my paranoid ass is afraid that in the end she will have to solve the Yuiko issue instead of him, if the ship sails. Because that's kind of a shoujo cliché. Well, the novel spends a lot of time crushing those clichés, so I can probably hope for the best.

Also, yes it would be 1, really creepy, 2, extremely out of character for Enjou to act jealous, well visibly. Not the mention Reika's denseness. If it was written from someone else's point of view it would be like "Enjou-sama seems to be in a bad mood, or even annoyed." And from Reika's point of view: "Enjou had a weird smile on his face... Maybe he have eaten something bad...Or gone mad from being around Kaburagi so much...." So yeah I meant "jealous" in an inner way.

I mean if you look at all the time Reika mentioned Enjou her program with a guy, it was quickly revealed that the guy was someone who was not interested in her romantically, like Oni-sama, Imari (the shippers may argue tho', lol) etc. When I mean jealous, it's him thinking "Well, seems like I'm not the only after her..." or something like this. It's sole purpose would be moving the romantic plot forward (if he's supposed to be the main lead).

The flirty guys, who call her Reika-chan, have no idea who Enjou is, so I guess they would just acknowledge him as a good looking guy standing next to her. Also their intention may not be flirting, but them being friendly with her and already calling her on her first name and on a nickname (after meeting her once), is already more than Enjou achieved in like the 11 years he knew her.

mereumsama and immortaltear like this.
  16. sauce

sauce Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't Enjou jealous of Mao-chan's uncle? Or at least expressing frustration that Reika kept going after older guys?

17. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right, it definitely gave that vibe (though we can never be sure since it's Reika's POV.), and Enjou's " spies generally die horrible deaths" thing can be interpreted as him being jealous of Mizusaki (or then again, it might just mean " hey you don't intend to ship mizusaki x wakaba, do you ?", Reika's POV is too vague)
    I think Enjou is already going as fast as he can. It's just terribly hard to do it since Reika always have a negative opinion of him. If he manage to tip it to the positive and keep up the good work ReiNjou would definitely happen but every time Reika thinks "so he's a good person" he says something so haraguro-like he goes to the negative again.
    Dunno if he's doing it on purpose or if the power trio just suck that much in romance ( enjou may be better than the other two at that but Reika is difficult to charm (for him anyways) )

Aeiru28, iNapoleon and SherSher231 like this.
  18. aliasluna

aliasluna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone pls tell me the chapter where MC confronts this girl with her fan? I think its somewhere in the sports festival(I think) arc

19. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're talking about Reika crushing Tsuruhana, it's there :
    https://oniichanyamete.moe/2016/06/05/reika-sama-067/
    All other confrontations she did with other girls were made without her fan.

aliasluna likes this.
  20. Bellilelly

Bellilelly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happen to the author of reika sama? It have stay on chp 299 for soooo long already !!! The last update was like last October 2017????
    Anyone knows what happen?
    I'm worried right here

Juria likes this.