Spoiler Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu romance

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Ohoud

Ohoud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you know since the begining of this novel i graduated from school:blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR:,find a job :blobphone:get married:blobparty: and have kids,tow of them:sweating_profusely:. but Reika still in hight school:blobastonished:.it's like i'm skipping the chapters of my life and stuck in one point withe Reika:blobdizzy: while usualy it's the opposite:hmm:. skipping the novel's chapters and feeling stuck in my life :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

2. FallensWrath

FallensWrath Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You just made my day man.
    I hope for the love of God that there is nothing wrong with the Author like REALLY hope so.

WagKalimutan, deku4all and Ohoud like this.
  3. Ohoud

Ohoud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm sure the author is well and great
    just hope to speed up the rhythm of chapters release.:blobpats:
    few more years and it'll be the 2nd les misérables taking more than 10 years to finish it:sweating_profusely:
    Oh.. and the miserable ones will be people like me, who still waiting to know what happened in someone else fictional life:blobthinkingsmirk::blobsweat::blobjoy:

deku4all likes this.
  4. deku4all

deku4all Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... I really hope it won't take 10 yrs to finish:blobfearful: I'm already dying from all this waiting!! did the author even release an author's note explaining the hiatus? maybe they got a big writer's block? but hopefully nothing happened to the author:blobsob:

Ohoud and Juria like this.
  5. Mino Micha

Mino Micha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm one of the lucky ones of the Novel, I've just found out about it last year or so, so this I'm just starting to wait now.
    I've looked at the raws, and it seems like the author does often take long hiatus, I truly hope that they're not ill or anything.
    And another thing that I wonder is that the situation of the novel in Japan, if it's getting published good for the author, bad for us moochers.. But what if the author is having a major Writer's Block because people are constantly discussing who is the ML when they plan to have it end with Reika being single or didn't expect it would be such a huge deal since they started this novel not for romance, but for comedy, and there are still other possibilities ugh, I just hope they'll update soon

6. Eiar229

Eiar229 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know but I've just discovered Kenkyo Kenjitsu recently. Just finished though and I think Enjou is the prime ML, according to one of other character view ( Class rep) in chap 70 has mentioned when Reika got pooped by pigeon on her head and he said " he observes her quite a bit too. During the bird poop incident, he was smiling away." ( wonder who "he" is). Definitely not Kaburagi since that one lack sensibility and straightforward, he wouldn't just smile away. Monk boy said Enjou think Reika funny and when the story progress, I see that he really good at reading Reika as so as knowing Reika better ( he know Reika like Tomoe sama or even when he has a phone call, he still give his attention to where Reika come from and manipulate her =))). Beside, in the later chapter, he always try to approach her as much as he can. So ship for ReiNjou!!!! and I also want to know Enjou situation too. Waiting time begin~~~

X2XO, Juria and Darcy like this.
  7. maxbex

maxbex Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [QUOTE = "mighty_muffin, сообщение: 3355019, член: 70061"] ха-ха не волнуется. Мой ответ был как шутка. Более половины причин, по которым рейка до сих пор не может найти бойфренда, - вина Рейки.

С другой стороны, я перечитывал одну из глав результатов экзамена. Я нашел таинственный персонаж с высокими характеристиками, о котором рейка не упоминала. В главе 270, где рейка оказалась на 18 месте.
    Топ-5 Бомбардир
    1. Кабураги
    2. НЕИЗВЕСТНЫЙ
    3. Вакаба
    4. Энджоу
    5. Преследующая Лошадь
    Я думаю, что нашел таинственный мужской лидер, парень 2-го места.
    Я не буду удивляться, если таинственный человек всегда был в топ-5 рейтинга, я проверю завтра, когда у меня будет время.[/ЦИТАТА
    I think it's Imari's little brother. Somewhere wrote, that he returned from America. Maybe he transferred.

candycane_whack and Darcy like this.
  8. dbal

dbal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, I am only theorizing here but I was reading some chapters again and does anyone think it is suspicious that Enjou went to grab Wakaba when Reika was in trouble? What if when he was accusing her of being a double agent he knew that she was friends with Wakaba. Enjou seems to know too much, so it is possible he knew about Reika giving her shoes to Wakaba because she did so while in school. He says a lot of shady things like, "Don't worry a positive thinker won't notice the stalking!" Could that maybe also apply to him?

B2j, X2XO, deku4all and 5 others like this.
  9. Wren

Wren Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit it's been 7 months since the last update. I don't think the author has ever taken a hiatus this long. Did the author make an announcement on the page or twitter or something? Surely the Japanese audiences are aching for an update as well?

Now back to the novel. I personally like Kaburagi. Enough that I have no problem if he ends up with Reika. Sure he was a rude and arrogant little brat but he was a kid. Besides, there's just something about a guy who is indifferent to every girl he meets but goes full-on stalker passionate for a plain girl he likes. It makes a girl feel special. Now we add in the fact that he's richer and more powerful than the Kisshouins, dreamy and good-looking enough to charm women of all ages, smart and athletic, and he really is quite the catch. The childishness and immaturity that only appears around people he's comfortable with only serves to act as a plus. He's shown that he can be mature when he's needed to, when attending corporate events and stuff. Contrast the adorably straightforward and naive approaches Kaburagi has with love, with the scary scheming Enjou and he comes out even better. In fact, I'm almost 100% sure Wakaba likes him and knows he likes her. She's just too afraid of the social differences to accept. She cannot be that clueless.

Enjou, throughout the series has just not made quite a decent impression on me. He actively manipulates and uses Reika for his own convenience, oftentimes causing Reika a lot of trouble. Maybe he has some twisted desire to illicit amusing reactions from Reika but that is just mean.Though with all is said, Enjou seems like the few people aside from girls and friends, who see through Reika's Ojousama facade. This is important because there's no way Reika will date and marry someone who cannot accept her real her, imagine how disillusioned they would be.

Ughhhh... If only Tomoe-Senpai or Stalking Horse was an option. They'd make a much better fit for the "commoner" Reika. Sure they're filthy rich too but not otherwordly rich and powerful like Enjou and Kaburagi.

meiberry and Huepute like this.
  10. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    I would agree about the stalking horse opinion. I would really support it if he is one of Reika's love candidate lol.

Reason I wouldn't like Reika with Kaburagi is just that he is plain rude to her and always speak without tact. He always seems to says things that Reika was self-conscious about loudly, making her uncomfortable. If not Reika is pretty strong mentally, what Kaburagi said is pretty much a verbal bullying. That and I don't like his way of apologizing to Reika when she first went Kali mode. To me, he never actually apologize unless he really says the word "I'm sorry". So yeah I'm keeping a grudge on him for that and so cannot support him with Reika. His ticks may be cute or endearing sometimes, but his arrogance and pride is just a minus for me. He can act amiably with others when needed, why can't he at least talk courteously to Reika? I wouldn't take the excuse that he's just being himself in front of her. Because if being himself would mean hurting others, it's just plain mean.

As for Enjou, it's just my preference. He's also annoying in which he pushed Kaburagi's trouble to Reika, but at least he knows tact. Some words are never meant to be said in front of a lot of people and Enjou's way of making fun of Reika is just between the two of them, so Reika wouldn't really feel embarrassed. Sure, his words are scary, but just think it as so and she wouldn't really concern herself with it for long.

So yeah, I will support if it's Mizusaki, still Reinjou shipper, and still did not like Kaburagi much. But hey, at least I like him more than Katsuragi. That birdbrain really needs to get his brain and eyes checked. Which part of it is he seeing that Reika is pursuing Enjou though?

11. Wren

Wren Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, No I don't mean I ship Kaburagi and Reika. I simply meant that I liked Kaburagi and don't mind him getting with Reika, actually I prefer him over Enjou. We're all biased about Kaburagi because we all like Reika. Kaburagi is someone who's always indifferent about girls, full of pride, and arrogant. He would probably never say sorry to anyone aside from people he loves: Yurie-sama, Enjou, Wakaba. But that's the charm. Imagine if Kaburagi is going after Reika instead of Wakaba. All those sweet things he does for Wakaba is now for Reika. He may even apologise for how he treated her before and earnestly tries to win her affection. Though "earnest" might as well be foolishly straightforward and hardheaded. Kaburagi is someone we like if he's pursuing our MC and someone we hate with passion if not, for the very simple reason that he only treats one person nicely and specially - the person he loves.

Honestly, he's the exact template of all those other shoujo manga main guys. Icy and cool all his life but when he meets our girl, the ice melts and the flower blooms. People call him expressionless or hard to get along with, but he smiles non stop in front of the girl. I like his type a lot more than scheming main guys.

Because it is unlikely the author will ever pair Kaburagi with Reika, I would still prefer Tomoe-senpai, Mizusaki, or even Yukiko and Kaburagi-Papa. The last one would make her a homewrecker but meh, one can dream.

12. Raizendeville

Raizendeville [The Idle Lord] (눈_눈)| [Piñata Infantry Commander]

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel has been stuck in 299 for like a couple of months now and there is still no sign of an update.... Why?!!! :notlikeblob:
    Arghhh!!! I already wanna know who she ended up with..!!!!!

deku4all, Irie, dbal and 3 others like this.
  13. Ninilia

Ninilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. I don't have a problem with Kaburagi, he really is the typical shoujo main lead. And yes what he does is cute when it comes to the girl he likes. But that's the problem. He doesn't like Reika, so he treats her like trash most of the time. Even if in the end he would change the girl he likes to Reika, and starts acting all sweet to her and stuff, it would be a hard time to win me over, because of his history. I like him as a character, but not as a main lead. Like uhmm around 200 chapters before I would have said hell yes. But now after him treating Reika like that... I doubt. Also it's true, we're all heavily biased, but isn't that what we're supposed to be? It means we have a likable main heroine, no?

For Enjou... He's also a typical shoujo manga lead. Tho' it's funny, because a lot of times his archetype doesn't get the girl. Well, there are also plenty of exceptions. It's just mostly my experience. I think Enjou is typically the character, who's even though a lot deeper than his cookie cutter counterparts, it's still about whether you like the type or not. That's why for some people his scary tendencies are off putting, while for others cute. I'm not yet sold on his character. I still prefer the Stalking Horse over everyone, I think he's the best choice. I always had this second men syndrome, so of course he's the one I like the best.

14. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    Kaburagi? Nope.
    Enjou? Forget it.
    Mizusaki? Nice but nope.
    Imari? Oniisama will never approve!
    Tomoe? He has a gf...

Reika x Wakaba for da best!
    Reika is the only one that doesn't bring any trouble to Wakaba, she helps her all the time.
    Wakaba feeds Reika delicious food and sweets.
    A great choice.

Sabruness, Igemona, TUSF and 2 others like this.
  15. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree ! I totally agree !
    Why ? I personally think he'd be perfect for Reika, if he ever fell for her. (it's actually my OTP, but he never showed signs of being attracted to Reika
    I don't think his scary tendencies are cute, I just remarked that the only time he crossed the line was when he forced Reika to be vice class rep, she snapped and got to yell at Kaburagi and him in public and he decided to ask the other pivoine to stay quiet about it, then decided to apologize along with Kaburagi, and even offered she hit him because of Kaburagi's rudeness and then we got to see The Gut-punch
    There was also the time where he tried to get Reika to cheer Kaburagi up, but it was because he got driven into a corner (Kaburagi considering suicide) and Reika magnificently proposed Kaburagi become a monk or goes to a male convent and "discover the world of roses"(homosexuality)
    And there was the time where she spread the gossip that Enjou had plans during white day and Enjou told her not to do it again scarily, but decided not to do anything about it.
    Lot of people forget that Reika bully Enjou just as much as he did with her, if not more (and I find his reaction when bullied funny). I find it also funny that she openly suspected him of being in a relationship with Kaburagi at least two times, and him desperately denying it.
    so more than "He's cute when being scary to Reika" I think "it's hilarous to see Reika get back at him".
    And seeing that Reika has a negative impression of him, seeing him try to win her over is certainly going to be entertaining
    I also ship WakaRei and think a relationship between them would be adorable ! but just like with MizuRei, there's no evidence of Wakaba being romantically attracted to Reika (the second she get jealous or show signs of being atttracted, I'll jump into that ship)

Irie, SherSher231 and Igemona like this.
  16. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to figth with anyone, this is only my opinion, but while I think Mizusaki is undoubtly the best male of the novel, I don't think he suit Reika because his view of life is too normal. He would accept her and understand her but he would feel a sense of tiredness on trying to stop her going too far in her actions. Think poor him, with his normal common sense to deal with Reika's weirdness for the rest of his life. Then we have Enjou that sincerely enjoy Reika weirdness and he is cunning enough to rein Reika in when she go too far. He also know how to flatter her. Pity he also enjoy scare her, but in some case Reika asked for it LOL and Reika pays back so they are equals. Just like Enjou can deal with Reika using a stick and carrot approach ( treat her as a lady, praise her when she is good, making her play with Yukino, scare her when she go too far with him, make him jealous or put herself in trouble) Reika put Enjou's ego down to earth and teach him how to work hard ( if he is really trying to court her). I think they bilance each other out. I also think Enjou would be the type to spoil Reika rotten till she doesn't bite the hand that feed her, and would protect her from her enemies in the shadow, leaving her someone so that she can play with them and spice her life. After all the paper tiger has become the godness Kalì LOL plus he has Yukino as a package deal. some readers treat Enjou like he is a scrumbag but he never really done something that crossed the line. and the worst he did, he got payed back. He is still forgivable.
    Wakabax Reika also has their own chemistry, Wakaba also enjoy Reika's quirks and can control her throught cooking if needed. Wakaba mentality is strong so she can withstand her. And they can rely on each others in need and give strenght. But this isn't a yuri so I doubt it will happen, they don't seem to be interested in each other in that way.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    B2j, Leilacus, vanillamilktea and 9 others like this.
  17. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    @Rinfantasy Wow can I just say I'm on the same page as you about Stalking horse, Enjou and Wakaba but really, this sentence
    I find it so damn hilarious in a pitying way hahahahaa :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SherSher231, iNapoleon, Darcy and 2 others like this.
  18. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    Mizusaki and Reika can still be shopping channel buddy though...:p

seikyo, Irie and Darcy like this.
  19. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahem, I'm gonna guiltily admit that one reason I shipped MizuRei was because such a scenario was incredibly funny (sorry, FSH ! I really didn't mean any harm !), but I think he's also a bit weird in his own way (he also mail-ordered items like castle books, something like that.. dunno how it was called dammit). I got so used to Reika's weirdness that I forgot what it did to regular people (poor Onii-sama xD)
    Wakaba and Enjou both accept her quirks (Enjou even enjoy them, that M ) and her glutonny. (I'm not gonna get on another Kaburagi rant and how he outright insult her about her weirdness and glutonny, I think I made enough of those)

20. iNapoleon

iNapoleon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow I feel like it will be interesting if there's a new male character who loves Reika. Well, as we know that the latest chapter we have Enjou and Reika going on a date (with Yukino as Enjou's excuse). Just imagine the rivalry between the Black-hearted Enjou vs the new one. Isn't it more interesting?

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    SherSher231, Darcy and Aeiru28 like this.