Spoiler Spoiler request: My youth began with him

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lalalalalala, Sep 6, 2018.

1. jennamt4

jennamt4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still stuck where QC has returned and he, HM, and their twin daughters are in the US visiting his family. For some reason, I'm not a big fan of the twin girls. They're geniuses like in every single CN with a child but these 4-year-old girls are catty, competitive, know about sex, love, and marriage. They bully boys by asking them which of the two is more beautiful. Frankly, it's just a bit too much for me. I also feel like with the girls present, QC and HM lose characteristics of themselves that I had previously liked. I guess I should just be satisfied that although the twin girls love and want to marry SY when they grow up, the author didn't go this route (I had just finished a wuxia CN where the daughter of the MC ends up with the SML, omg).

I know that due to SY's devotion to HM, the author didn't want him to end up with anyone but I still felt like he should have had his own happy ending without the whole "ends up with HM in another world" arc. I was really hoping that SY would get together with the cousin of QC. But I know it wouldn't have been fair to her.

2. xiashenghan

xiashenghan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What made her marry Gao Ran eventually? I mean how their relationship developed?
    What the hell?! :blobthumbsdown::blobthumbsdown::blobthumbsdown::blobthumbsdown::blobthumbsdown: What nonsense is that? Sometimes it makes me wonder what these authors are thinking? What's running in their head? :blobcurse::blobcatcop:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  3. jennamt4

Reading List:
    Link
    You know how GR is QC's best friend and ZLL is HM's best friend so they've known each other for a long time. In high school when QC and HM were dating, GR and ZLL never bothered with each other because they had misconceptions that the other would not be interested. Kinda like "oh, she's kinda cute but probably won't be interested." Whenever they're together, they always bicker. HM thinks that they're secretly interested in each other so she always plays matchmaker. The two start to secretly date probably after getting ditched on dinner dates by HM and QC or maybe GR saved her or something (I don't really remember). I actually really like them as a second couple.

4. jennamt4

Reading List:
    Link
    I looked through a review I wrote and I jotted this down: Zhu Lingling ends up with Gao Ran, Qin Chu’s best friend. They’ve known each other since high school and had some attractions towards each other but because both feared rejection, they never dated.

I think the turning point for them was after ZLL's incident (where she almost got raped and HM saved her). The person who almost raped ZLL sued HM and there was all that legal drama. ZLL had no idea so GR took her out to dinner to tell her. They both proceeded to get drunk. Because they were too drunk, GR called his subordinates at the police station to be their designated driver. The cops wanted to help GR out so they took them to a hotel room, took off GR's clothes and had a maid take off ZLL's clothes. The two woke up naked (though nothing happened). Later, GR starts dating another girl or maybe it was a blind date. HM, QC, GR, and ZLL were having dinner when this other girl showed up uninvited. ZLL was so jealous she blocked GR from weibo. Then they just sort of gradually fell in love.

love-cutter and xiashenghan like this.
  5. xiashenghan

xiashenghan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need to read their parts. If only it's easy to remove Huo Mian's parts. I'd love to read it. Sorry I just have this hatred of Huo Mian after she used Su Yu.

6. jennamt4

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I understand. I haven't been able to move on from where I left off because I suddenly wasn't feeling HM and QC. I felt like in order to highlight what geniuses their daughters were, they made HM and QC dumber. But that's just my opinion.

Try googling something like: "my youth began with him zhu lingling gao ran". The chapters they show up in well pop up in the search results and you can read their parts.

7. newbornleaf

newbornleaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did they divorce?

8. newbornleaf

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the author a fan of SY or something? With this plot, a lover that met after 7 years, 2nd ml is not really necessary.

9. jennamt4

Reading List:
    Link
    They didn't officially divorce. It was a ploy by QC to protect HM because Huo Siqian blackmailed him. Huo Siqian know that people are looking for HM due to her birth family and if QC doesn't divorce HM, Huo Siqian would tell these people HM's whereabouts.

I read somewhere that while the author was writing the novel, a lot of her audience were fans of SY. I believed they weren't happy with SY's initial ending so she re-wrote for him to end up with HM in an alternative universe.

10. newbornleaf

Reading List:
    Link
    did she stay faithful towards QC during the time he's missing? I really got confused from all the spoiler above that SY died and lived in an alternative universe?

11. jennamt4

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, she was very faithful to him. After she gave birth to the twins, she and her babies move out of Su Yu's family home back into hers and QC's mansion. Su Yu came around a lot but she always made it clear that she didn't think of him as anything more than a friend. After 4 years, Su Yu didn't think QC would come back and felt that if he proposed to HM in front of everyone, she wouldn't be able to turn him down. Unfortunately, QC returned at that time.

I haven't read that far so I don't know about SY dying and living in an alternate universe, this is also what I've read from spoilers too.

newbornleaf likes this.
  12. newbornleaf

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the spoiler

13. ananaz

ananaz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone who already read this novel till ending, i want to ask, what happened to huo siqian?
    He is the main problem in this novel..
    To be honest i feel bad for su yu, i read he is in a coma, what happened to him? Why he become a vegetative person? Is that because siqian?
    I feel bad because, su yu's family history and he is the sole heir even su yu's mother doesn't care he can married anyone as long give her a grandchild, so i feel bad for suyu's family.
    Even he helped mian when qin chu gone, he is the most jerk person, he is still scheming when he know mian already married
    I stopped read this novel, when qin chu meet mian after 4 years gone, i don't like the way writer make a twin talk like an adult
    And what happened with huo mian's real family? How the story growing about her father and her sister.
    Thank you

14. Ann loves Lu Ting

Ann loves Lu Ting Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huo Sigan was blown to pieces
    Huo Sigan later atonned for his sins when Mian and Su Yan were kidnapped by Leila.
    Mian wanted to sacrifice her life by blowing the bomb but Sigan, knowing her intentions, took it from her and blew the bomb but failed in the process because Leila was like a super human