Spoiler Spoilers for Eight Treasures Trousseau

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ChuChi, Oct 28, 2016.

1. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can anybody give me some spoilers for this?

2. Starving Soldier

Starving Soldier Retired Captain, Marrying Overlyfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read the novel but who asks for spoilers? Definitely ruins the mood when your reading the updates since you basically know what's going to happened.

3. tehrealone

tehrealone 『Lurker』

Reading List:
    Link
    Not necessarily,

it depends on what kind of spoiler you're asking for.

Some people just might be asking for a vague plot spoiler in the future,
    something like "When does MC do ____" and so.

Then its merely a reaffirmation and barely spoils anything.

4. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people are just that curious! I indulge in spoilers occasionally, in fact I tried to read the RAWS for this series. I can't understand much so I can't help :(

Ran ahzu and wafflebeauty like this.
  5. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, not to be a spoilsport or something, but although i am very thankful to all translators i get impatient... sorry, had to combat boredom here in the hospital...

6. Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro Your Favourite Family Disappointment

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's been awhile since I read it and I only read until about 30ish but basically the king married mc with the Prince because he hoped the Prince will offend the duke's family by doing something to the mc due to her ordinary appearance. When seeing her appearance the king went mad.

But basically in earlier chapters every one was like
    *stunned by mc's beauty*
    There're also some plot there but it's the usual palace plot in which they tried to praise or tell something but actually trying to downgrade mc

Meanwhile people can't believe the rumour that the mc is actually beautiful and keep gossiping
    There's an incident with a maid somewhere because they don't believe at how the rumour said mc is beautiful

Uhh that's basically a small part of what I can remember, sorry lol
    I gave up the MTL because it gets quite incomprehensible sometimes =_= but from what I've seen this one is heavy with plot

7. cupcakemish

cupcakemish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I am just going to ramble along what I remember, I am up to chapter 39

It is a bit complicated and a lot of political stuff, basically after the wedding night they both visit the palace emperor got mad as she is super pretty - he went off and punished all his servant due to false rumors. They went to visit empress dowager and empress, empress dowager likes the mc while the empress having complicated thoughts due to her son crown prince is incapable and this marriage seems to help the male lead.
    Male lead takes mc home to her parents the second day of marriage, her parents are glad/happy that she seems fine. Her aunt/uncle/cousins jealous/envy - her aunt asked mc for favors to ask the duke so her family son/husband can have connection and expand their careers (I think).

After that palace fest - everyone looking forward to see mc, as all the royal male wants to make fun of the male lead - all the royal females wants to compare and gossips as well. When they walked in all female hate/jealous, one lady even asked mc right in front of everyone 'do you even know what the rumors says about you?' mc replied something smartass
    Crown prince came in after and saw mc - was speechless couldn't help but made a very rude comment and keep staring, male lead stood up to block the comments and view ( his action similar HE HENG ).

Someone in mc branch cousin got murdered - another cousin of male lead is investigating the case, he thinks it has something to do with the male lead.
    Also one of mc dowry maid try seducing the male lead, mc kicked her out - male lead found out about the situation and I think he did something, this part was a bit confusing basically that maid meet a rogue got raped/killed somehow it got linked to crown prince and his reputation went down badly. I might got this part wrong not sure - when mc found out what happened she got upset/mad and told the male lead she sleep else where for 2 nights ( I assumed she knows he did something?) because after 2 nights he came back sucking up to her and she made a comment 'there is something you have to tell me?' and he kind of smile hopelessly kind of thing and say we won't hide anything from her as they are husband and wife.

Again I feel the male lead is similar to He Heng in virtuous wife - the way he treats her.
    He spoils her a lot, when she supposedly to return back home for festival and her brother came over to pick her up, male lead helpless asked the brother to wait 1 hours or more to let her sleep in as she didn't get goodnight sleep due to the summer weather - he also went over to her family to give some old exams papers for her brothers but didn't forget to mention as she going to be over for the festival to have a lot of CUBE ice around since its hot ( I think he made an excuse to go over for this? lol)

He also went crazy when she got hurt in the carriage bumped her forehead/bleed - it was the queen's brother son riding horses in the streets and bumped into her carriage. Male lead did not even give face to the empress, he was plotting revenge behind the scene.
    He said to MC there is him for everything she doesn't have to worry about anything ( similar line to He Heng here). Empress was scared try to smooth things out as emperor was already not happy about crown prince incident and now this relates to the empress's maternal family. Emperor ending up punishing the empress's nephew as no choice for reputation wise.
    Meanwhile mc recovering don't even know whats going on outside - all the females hoping she leaves a scar as everyone saying duke only spoiling her due to her looks.

So far - mc doesn't really shows any love feelings toward male lead just pretty general stuff, she being realistic and don't want to be the type of women that does everything for love and live for love. But in saying that she doesn't tolerant other women trying to get the duke's attention - she noticed them as well ( one the unmarried princess that came in the bridal chamber she has a thing for the male lead).
    Male lead I am not sure at the moment if he loves her or not - or only like her for looks.

He also admits that when the marriage decree came down he was more happy than angry. He said that his plan was to be good to her regardless of her ugly looks as he feels that it was his fault in the political situation with the emperor that dragged her in and make her a laughing stock. He also said after he reveal the veil his heart couldn't calm and also maybe wished she had an ordinary face, which after this confession the mc got mad and said sorry i don't have an ordinary face to your expectation lol
    he tried sucking up to her after that and try to explain his reasoning - I guess it has something to do with all males attention to her and also female scheming against her type of thing

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  8. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooohhh, thanks for all those spoilers, definitely like He Heng... and i would've thought that the dowry maids that came with her would be smarter but i think like in virtuous wife, one gets too ambitious.... although, male lead is more vicious than He Heng and i think operates more like Chu Fei Yang with his revenge...

Aster Anemone likes this.
  9. cupcakemish

cupcakemish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah this story is darker, like it wasn't clear if he had something to do with it but it kind of implied it.
    I am not too sure how I feel about this mc, she seems younger mind thinking compare to virtuous wife mc for now.
    Its a bit slow at the beginning too, you might want to wait at least 20 chapters to read it otherwise might get a bit boring because after all the thrill about her face revealed have to wait for the plot to cook up for something interesting along.

Ease and Aster Anemone like this.
  10. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaaarrrgggghhhh... :cry: i don't think i can wait that long, although i tried surfing for more chinese novel with female protagonists, there are only a small amount that is being translated and i can't seem to find a readable mtl, that's why i can't stop myself from reading every new chapter and repeatedly reading all those released chapters in other novels.... huhu...

Aster Anemone likes this.
  11. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a happy end.
    The male lead becomes an emperor, mc is the empress, alone in his harem. They're known for being devoted to each other. There are a bunch of deaths and scheming non-stop since their marriage, to the point it gets ridiculous... But one thing I really liked was the female solidarity in this novel. MC managed to win over a lot of the scheming women, and she always treats other women with the sincerity of a modern person (realizing they live in a time that's not very forgiving to them, where the males are revered and women are merely tools for social climbing).

12. Dell05

Dell05 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :X3:

13. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! Will we be seeing mc get pregnant?

14. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    No. They talk about it, and male lead says she's too young (16) to be giving birth, and it's stressful for the body. The political scene is also too chaotic and a bunch of miscarriages happened with other women. Male lead said even though a baby will help his position, he won't risk his woman and put her in direct line of fire. Right in the last chapter it's mentioned they have however many children, but no actual pregnancy and baby during the novel... It's pretty exciting anyway, but I also felt a little expectant lol.

15. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All these spoiler makes me want to read the story even more, but there are no more translated chapter.

16. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you please give me a few more spoilers? ☺️ I live reading spoilers, it's what keeps me going☺️

17. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    You'll have to be a bit more specific about what you want to know~ If I just summarize the story, it would defeat the purpose of reading it, and it's a pretty good novel to read. It's best if you can put it on hold and go back to read it when some chapters have piled up, if you can't wait a week for each chapter. Hm, let's see, a little spoiler off the top of my head...
    Every time some maid tries to seduce the male lead, her fate is pretty bad. He basically doesn't allow for there to exist a love rival for the MC. He got annoyed once that he just managed to sweet-talk the MC, and a maid popped out trying to seduce him at that moment, lol.

18. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like spoilers, they don't ruin the story for me but make me read it even more. I don't have any specific, but any spice spoilers would do If you have any.

Czarinananana and Dell05 like this.
  19. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Spice hmm... It's a pretty tame novel actually. There are a decent amount of romantic and bonding moments, but it's only hinted in a few words as to what they're doing behind closed doors. But there are enough sweet moments to make you satisfied :D.
    It was funny how the male lead's closest eunuch observed his changes, like how he adopted a lot of the MC's habits. MC likes to laze around in comfy loose clothes at home, lying down on a couch where the breeze during summer is the best, and reading novels. Male lead gradually started caring less about being in proper attire and started liking loose comfy clothes as well, started lazying around with her and sitting next to her on the couch reading his whatever important documents. Like two cats lol. The eunuch was quite shocked, since male lead used to be very prim and proper, strict, and extremely despotic...

20. Littledragonlady

Littledragonlady The last member of Ancient Tomb Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Just pay attention when night luminuous gem is mentioned. It started quite a long chain bloody events